I had the LT position figured out months ago

CWR

Reaction score
You're confused. We hated and ridiculed you because you created a thread regarding how "injury free" our camp had been.

We knew right then and there the jinx was in full effect. Basically, you screwed us buddy.

Now you want credit for what you've done?

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
giphy.gif

J12B

Reaction score
So your idea is to play Tyron at LG? Ummm...OK. On crutches?
He is no more likely to get injured at LG than LT

The idea was to kick Tyron inside where the hope was that position would help him stay more healthy. If he got injured then replacing him at LG would be easier.

Kicking Tyler outside to LT early on camp would allow him to learn the position and better prepare him thus solidifying the most important position on the Oline.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I said bacon was the next best thing back in the day. You don't see me "sniveling" about it. Lol.

And it has to work out before you can take kudos. Bacon speaks (and smells) for itself.
Bacon IS the best thing... no next to it

J12B

Reaction score
You're confused. We hated and ridiculed you because you created a thread regarding how "injury free" our camp had been.

We knew right then and there the jinx was in full effect. Basically, you screwed us buddy.

Now you want credit for what you've done?

You're pathetic for believing a thread caused a player who has missed 19 games the last two seasons to get injured.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The idea was to kick Tyron inside where the hope was that position would help him stay more healthy. If he got injured then replacing him at LG would be easier.

Kicking Tyler outside to LT early on camp would allow him to learn the position and better prepare him thus solidifying the most important position on the Oline.
How is blocking bigger players at a position he has never played going to help keep him healthy?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I mean maybe, but odds are Tyron Smith was still not playing a full schedule at LG. The guy had his tendon rip off the bone, which was probably a ticking timebomb despite the position he played.

Sydla

Reaction score
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/what-do-you-think-of-moving-tyron-smith-to-left-guard.496906/

I suggested the best move for the oline would be to move Tyron Smith to LG and have Tyler Smith compete and learn LT. That way the best 5 were on the line and injury riddled

Everyone hated that idea and insulted me.

And look where we are now. :angry:

The flaw is this belief that Tyron Smith would haven't gotten hurt at LG. He would have gotten hurt there too.

And with that in mind, you can't convince me that an OL with Tyler Smith at LT and Tyron Smith at LG would have been a better OL than Tyron Smith at LT and Tyler Smith at LG.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Jarntt

Reaction score

But that gives us zero chance at the ideal situation which is keeping your HOF LT at LT and letting your young guy come along slowly.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/what-do-you-think-of-moving-tyron-smith-to-left-guard.496906/

I suggested the best move for the oline would be to move Tyron Smith to LG and have Tyler Smith compete and learn LT. That way the best 5 were on the line and injury riddled

Everyone hated that idea and insulted me.

And look where we are now. :angry:
All we had to do was sign a free agent swing tackle in the off season.
We have/had the cap space.
This isn't rocket science.
I have lost what little faith I had in the front office.
They are clearly in over their heads.

J12B

Reaction score
It was a bad idea. You don’t move a HOF’er like Tyron to a new position at the twilight of his career.

Twighlight of his career? He's missed 19 games in the last two seasons. It's very possible we may never see Smith play again or at least in a Dallas uniform. What are you smoking

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Twighlight of his career? He's missed 19 games in the last two seasons. It's very possible we may never see Smith play again or at least in a Dallas uniform. What are you smoking
That’s what twilight of his career means. :lmao: