I Hate Sleep

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I have worked all weekend. Since 7:30 AM yesterday (er, Sat), I have slept a total of 2.5 hours. I worked both Sat and Sun, morning shifts. I am literally just now starting to get tired. (The effect of sleep deprivation begins to have the same effect of mild drunkenness).

This is ridiculous. Sleep is a waste of time, but I know that in about 30 min - 1 hour I will have no choice.

I have been doing some reading on the subject - did you know that the human cyclical process can be anywhere from 24.5 hours to 30 hours? I think my clock is outta wack.

Anywho - just trying to stay awake, but I also wanted to see if anyone else shares my opinions on this evil inevitability we call sleep.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
I think sleep is good for the body and mind. During finals week, I went 2 days on about 3 hours of sleep. Man, I'd have to agree it is the equivalent of being somewhat drunk. I felt like crap and found everything funny. (That's pretty normal for me now that I think of it) Go get you some sleep and get "energized".

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I absolutely love sleep.

I can't wait to go to bed at night ... usually sleep nine hours. If I could nap everyday, I would.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal said:
I have worked all weekend. Since 7:30 AM yesterday (er, Sat), I have slept a total of 2.5 hours. I worked both Sat and Sun, morning shifts. I am literally just now starting to get tired. (The effect of sleep deprivation begins to have the same effect of mild drunkenness).

This is ridiculous. Sleep is a waste of time, but I know that in about 30 min - 1 hour I will have no choice.

I have been doing some reading on the subject - did you know that the human cyclical process can be anywhere from 24.5 hours to 30 hours? I think my clock is outta wack.

Anywho - just trying to stay awake, but I also wanted to see if anyone else shares my opinions on this evil inevitability we call sleep.

All's well at the midnight hour
You're ready to fly
Don't think about the darkness
Or the rumbling in the sky
Somewhere on the morning road
Just waiting for you
Somethings that just could never be
Are calling up a spell so you can see, yeah!
Dream evil
The dark that you find in the back of your mind
Dream evil - Dream evil
Don't go to the edge of rainbows
Don't close your eyes
Like things that can't be real
The truth is really lies
Don't wish on a rising star you should
Open up the door
Where things that just should never be
Are calling up a spell so you can see, yeah!
Dream evil
The dark that you find
Can come out of your mind
Dream evil
Take you away
Oh no it's the midnight hour
Don't leave me alone
Those things that just should never be
Are calling up a spell so you can see
Dream evil
Dream evil
Dream evil
Dream evil
Dream evil
Oh no it's the midnight hour
Don't open the door
Don't go to the edge of rainbows
Don't sleep any more
You'll dream evil
You'll dream evil
You'll dream evil
Dream evil

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Chief said:
I absolutely love sleep.

I can't wait to go to bed at night ... usually sleep nine hours. If I could nap everyday, I would.

What he said. :signmast:

I need a solid 8 hours every night....and another 6-7 during the day. :D

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
You will get used too sleep deprivation in the military.

LMAO! I know, but that will not be fun. When I deprive myself here, it is on my own terms (for instance, I slept from 3:30-9). That will be theirs.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
I'm a hardcore insomniac. I sleep about 3-4 hours a day, if that.

Sleep is something I could definitely do without.

Duane

Reaction score
Chief said:
I absolutely love sleep.

I'm the same Chief. I slept about 11 hours last night and will, hopefully, get about nine to ten tonight.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Considering I created a whole thread awhile back on the greatest sleep I'd had in a long time, I can honestly say I luv sleep. I try to get as much as possible.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Considering I created a whole thread awhile back on the greatest sleep I'd had in a long time, I can honestly say I luv sleep. I try to get as much as possible.

'night, WG.

;)

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

to sleep is to heal your body. sleep well, bud.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
i used to sleep very good especially at school but i haven been out of school for a few years now and havent had a good sleep in a long time :mad:

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
jacs said:
i used to sleep very good especially at school but i haven been out of school for a few years now and havent had a good sleep in a long time :mad:

:lmao2: how true

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
to sleep is to heal your body. sleep well, bud.

my body doesn't hurt, it's just tired, will sleep help with that? :D

EDIT: I'm gonna go find out for myself. G'Night.