I hate the new DC.com multimedia channel

VCDefectors

Benched
Reaction score
I'm on DSL and I get nothing but choppy playback. Maybe it's too many people accessing the server at once, I don't know. But for me, it absolutely sucks. Is anybody experiencing the same difficulty?

hughp33

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I thought it was just me. Thank goodness to at least see that there isn't a problem with my computer!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Here's the problem...

They won't use progressive downloads!!!!

I don't know why, but it's annoying.

When there are a zillion people hitting the server it's a mess.

Half the time I just DL the audio and skip the video.

Reaction score
I'm trying to listen to the Lunch Break now with Derek and Nick, I thought they just had music playing until FINALLY Derek said something...

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a cable connection and haven't had a problem. I'm sorry you guys are experiencing this. If enough of you complain, they might do something about it.

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2161714 said:
I have a cable connection and haven't had a problem. I'm sorry you guys are experiencing this. If enough of you complain, they might do something about it.

Yeah I have Verizon Fios, no problems at all...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I have dsl and it works for me. I did have some trouble with the clips not working when using Firefox but I needed to upgrade to Firefox 3. (I did have some cutouts during todays live THE Lunchbreak, but the clip works fine now.

Here's their requirements(if that will help)

MULTIMEDIA CENTER HELP The MultiMedia Center provides you with the option of viewing, listening, or downloading your favorite Dallas Cowboys multimedia programming. LIVE programming is streamed in both audio and video. To watch video you must have a high-speed connection to the Internet. If you have an older computer system or if you use a dial-up connection you can still listen to the programming using the audio stream. A list of video requirements are listed below.
The MultiMedia Center requires Adobe Flash Player 9 to play the audio/video clips.
Browser Recommendations:
Microsoft Windows Users
Miscrosoft Internet Explorer 7
Firefox 3 Click Here to download and install the latest Firefox browser

Macintosh Users
Safari 2.0
Firefox 3

System Recommendations:
Microsoft Windows Users
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, or Firefox 3
Adobe Flash Player 9
256 megabytes (MB) of RAM - 512 MB recommended
1024 x 768 or higher resolution
16-bit sound card
Speakers/headphones
UPGRADE to the latest Adobe Flash Player for Windows

Macintosh Users
Mac OS X 1.3 "Panther" with Adobe Flash Player 9
Mac OS X 1.4 "Tiger" with Adobe Flash Player 9
Safari 1.3, Safari 2.0, or Firefox 3
Speakers/headphones
UPGRADE to the latest Adobe Flash Player for Macs

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2161720 said:
I have dsl and it works for me. I did have some trouble with the clips not working when using Firefox but I needed to upgrade to Firefox 3. (I did have some cutouts during todays live THE Lunchbreak, but the clip works fine now.

Here's their requirements(if that will help)

MULTIMEDIA CENTER HELP The MultiMedia Center provides you with the option of viewing, listening, or downloading your favorite Dallas Cowboys multimedia programming. LIVE programming is streamed in both audio and video. To watch video you must have a high-speed connection to the Internet. If you have an older computer system or if you use a dial-up connection you can still listen to the programming using the audio stream. A list of video requirements are listed below.
The MultiMedia Center requires Adobe Flash Player 9 to play the audio/video clips.
Browser Recommendations:
Microsoft Windows Users
Miscrosoft Internet Explorer 7
Firefox 3 Click Here to download and install the latest Firefox browser

Macintosh Users
Safari 2.0
Firefox 3

System Recommendations:
Microsoft Windows Users
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, or Firefox 3
Adobe Flash Player 9
16-bit sound card
Speakers/headphones
UPGRADE to the latest Adobe Flash Player for Windows

Macintosh Users
Mac OS X 1.3 "Panther" with Adobe Flash Player 9
Mac OS X 1.4 "Tiger" with Adobe Flash Player 9
Safari 1.3, Safari 2.0, or Firefox 3
Speakers/headphones
UPGRADE to the latest Adobe Flash Player for Macs

Man thanks! I just updated my FireFox to version 3 and it's working even better!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Comcast Cable here and it has been running flawlessly. Not one glitch, hitch or slowdown. It literally couldn't have been running more smoothly.

VCDefectors

Benched
Reaction score
Interesting. I have a Q6600, 256MB Video card, 4 GB RAM, running Vista and IE7. I will try upgrading to Firefox 3 and see if that helps.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
VCDefectors;2161689 said:
I'm on DSL and I get nothing but choppy playback. Maybe it's too many people accessing the server at once, I don't know. But for me, it absolutely sucks. Is anybody experiencing the same difficulty?

mAYbe it is something else.....I have AT&T DSL and it works great

speedkilz88

Reaction score
VCDefectors;2161817 said:
Interesting. I have a Q6600, 256MB Video card, 4 GB RAM, running Vista and IE7. I will try upgrading to Firefox 3 and see if that helps.
What about flash player 9? IE7 should work fine, though firefox is a better browser.;)

VCDefectors

Benched
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2161847 said:
What about flash player 9? IE7 should work fine, though firefox is a better browser.;)

Yes, I have Flash Player 9 and FF 3. Not any discernable difference. It's probably my DSL line and the false advertisement of fast bandwidth. Of course, this is the first time I've had this issue with streaming video. So. I'm not sure why DC.com should be any different.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Have you tried unplugging the modem for a second? The one supplied by my phone company will get bogged down every once in awhile and a reboot usually does the trick.