I hate to admit it but we are not as good as I thought.

panther1012

Reaction score
It pains me to say this because my brother is gloating at me. The Giants are a better team and they really seem to want it more. We have a serious problem with the offensive line when it comes to quality teams. We have another one upcoming in Carolina next week.

I really can't put my finger on why our line is so sorry. I see other teams O-line with lesser names and retreads and they seem to block much better than ours. Maybe it's the coaching.

This was a BIG game and we were not ready to play. It's a big loss in our division at the wrong time. This will be our last home game for three weeks. This performance has caused me to lower my expectations for the year.

We will finish the season at around 9-7 or 8-8 and miss the playoffs again. Get ready for some MAJOR changes in Big D in the off-season.

EMMITSWIFT

Benched
Reaction score
this is not a playoff team . i've said it every week and im going to keep saying it until you homers understand . im not a pescimist , im a realist . you guys have consistently bought into the hype . parcells has got to go . bottom line . not just on this game alone . while other teams improve drastically every year we stay status quo with bad draft picks , bad f.a. signings , bad coaching decisions and just a badly overrated team in general . i hope you bandwagon parcells fans are happy we wasted 4 years with this slob

Bizwah

Reaction score
I'm very disappointed in our defense. We can't seem to stop any good team. We give up huge plays.

I'm surprised the offense has been as good as it has been.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Did this bulb just go on?

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are a better than average team with a larger than average flaw.

TheNatureBoy

Benched
Reaction score
The Scary thing is how many People picked us to go to the Bowl and how many said this Defense is Great.

At best this Defense is Good.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
panther1012;1109639 said:
Yes, the night light just came on.

Some of us just hold onto hope longer;)

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
panther1012;1109542 said:
It pains me to say this because my brother is gloating at me. The Giants are a better team and they really seem to want it more. We have a serious problem with the offensive line when it comes to quality teams. We have another one upcoming in Carolina next week.

I really can't put my finger on why our line is so sorry. I see other teams O-line with lesser names and retreads and they seem to block much better than ours. Maybe it's the coaching.

This was a BIG game and we were not ready to play. It's a big loss in our division at the wrong time. This will be our last home game for three weeks. This performance has caused me to lower my expectations for the year.

We will finish the season at around 9-7 or 8-8 and miss the playoffs again. Get ready for some MAJOR changes in Big D in the off-season.

Romo has recovered nicely after his pick. Game's not over yet.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score

When you look at the games the Cowboys have won, they've not been to against good teams, so I really wasn't all that convinced anyway.

I am, however, certain that this team isn't that far off. I'm syre we're all convinced Bledsoe is not the guy to get us there, and our line is pretty poor, but there's plenty there to work with to make a great team.

So far Romo looks good. It's the first time I'm seeing him play ever, and it might be Bledsoe hangover, but I like what I see. So if we're lucky, we might have that position covered.

The line needs a lot of work, and our secondary needs help with covering, cause these guys are getting embarrased.

I'm not ready to throw Parcells under the bus. He's old fashioned and came from a time when a team was built over a period of time. It's not easy with FA now, and think we've all become spoiled with everything being instant, but he pretty much gave this team a great foundation to go on. This team isn't in shambles and is far from being a major project.

amuze

Reaction score
I wish I had a time machine so I could go back to 1993...

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1109917 said:
and ultra-talented, that's why this is so damn maddening
Yup, that's exactly right.

The good news is that the Cowboys are no longer in denial about Bledsoe. They've finally faced up to the fact that he'd not the guy.

At least that's a step in the right direction.

ghst187

Reaction score

Grievance list:
1) The frustrating thing is that we have oodles and oodles of talent. Sean Payton would kill to have half of our roster, yet he is sitting 2nd place in the entire NFC and has beaten some good teams. We're .500 and have lost to every decent team we've played. We're probably not going to make the playoffs. We have a ton of talent, esp on defense, yet we still can't do anything with it. We'll be sitting at home while the Saints will be going, maybe HOSTING, a playoff game. The inablity to utilize our talent is probably the most frustrating thing of all.

2) The OL still sucks. Can't seem to figure out a blitz. Guys come untouched all the time.

3) Our team looks unprepared to start each and every game. We look caught totally off-guard to start every game except maybe the Jax game when we started the 2nd half that way.

4) We can't concoct a gameplan to play to our strengths and the other team's weaknesses. We knew going in what the NYG strengths and our weaknesses were coming in, we didn't change anything in what we were doing. Drop Bledsoe back there and watch him go fetal or throw an INT. How about a quick pass or a quick slant? How about some quick-hitter run plays? Why don't we throw a fade to TO EVERYTIME we have the ball inside the 10?

5) We can't come up with an unpredictable series of playcalls

6) We can't get a passrush. If we blitz, teams pick it up inexplicably (yet we never pick one up). We have never developed a 10 sack passrusher despite a ton of draft picks to find one.

Julius Peppers may have 10 sacks by himself next week, esp if Bledsoe gets the start.
If Bledsoe starts next game then the season is officially over. At least Romo may give us some excitement and hope for the future. Like to see him play with a week to prep with the starters.
Also, the Wash game upcoming may be 1) a toilet bowl for last in the division 2) the winner salvages their season while the loser swirls down the drain or 3) won't matter at all other than for pride