I have a question about Elliott

speedkilz88

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Chaos6980

Reaction score
Yep..

You watch OsU's 2014 national title run?

No he is not. Have you ever heard of a urban myer RB be anything at the NFL level? he was one of many speed iso weapons on that roster He would have been a good pick at 15... at 4 ***.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No he is not. Have you ever heard of a urban myer RB be anything at the NFL level? he was one of many speed iso weapons on that roster He would have been a good pick at 15... at 4 ***.

Your post doesn't address the question. You're still arguing value. The question was is he a bell cow running back. It doesn't matter if he were picked at 4 or 44. If he's a bell cow running back, he's a bell cow running back. And I would say any running back who can play three downs and doesn't have to be taken off the field is a bell cow running back.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
I don't want a bell cow. We need a stud bull, and yes Zeke fills that role.

/Where did the term bell cow come from in regards to a stud player?
//I think bell cow I think dairy producer.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Regardless of some perceived value, Elliot is the very definition of a bell cow RB. He runs inside and outside. Has break away speed. Can turn the corner. Can catch the ball. Can block.

Exactly...........he can do everything but sell popcorn.:D

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I won't argue that he was terrible value but by all accounts he should be a 3 down back. I don't know how you can dispute that.

yeah anyone who says he isn't a 3 down back or that his success was because he had such good talent around him, its probably cuz they are a little butt hurt at the moment because they obviously don't know his history and haven't watched him

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Is he a Bell Cow?

W/o question the best 3 down back out there..........here is some tidibits from various sites....enjoy!! I will be more than happy to get you more just to show we got a special young man here! We got a true bellcow!

Who is the best?
There is little debate about the best running back this year, and I am certainly not going to upset the apple cart here. Ohio State’s Ezekiel Elliott is the best running back in this class, and, frankly, it is not particularly close.

To put it simply, Elliott has almost everything you want in a running back. He is well built at 6-foot, 225-pounds and puts it to good use breaking tackles and finishing through contact. Despite the size, he has the lateral agility to quickly change direction in the backfield, the initial burst to take advantage of small creases or bounce the run outside, and the long speed to take it all the way to the house. Most importantly, his vision is among the best in the class. He is a patient inside runner whose eyes and feet are perfectly in sync, and when matched with his physical tools, it makes him a dynamic running threat. On top of all of those strengths, Elliott is the best pass blocker in the class and a solid receiver with opportunity to grow.

Elliott has the skill set to be a true three-down back in the mold of Le’Veon Bell – I am comparing role more than player here. If he is used that way, he could easily be a top-ten back as a rookie with upside to be the No. 1 overall redraft pick in a season or two.
4/26/16: Elliott had a quality showing at his pro day. At the combine, he ran faster than expected and cemented his status as the top running back prospect in the 2016 NFL Draft. Elliott did well in the field drills, but could stand to improve his receiving technique for the NFL. In 2015, Elliott averaged 6.3 yards per carry for 1,821 yards with 23 touchdowns. He had 27 receptions for 206 yards as well.

Elliott was tremendous with his burst, vision, balance and ability to rip off yards in chunks. He has the strength to run through tackles and pick up yards after contact with the burst to get to the second level. Elliott also did some impressive blocking, which is valuable for pro evaluators. His first-step quickness is phenomenal, and he looks to be a future three-down starter in the NFL. Sources have said that Elliott has graded out as a high first-rounder and is expected to go in the top 20.

8/8/15: Elliot was the workhorse who carried the Buckeyes to last season's National Championship. He destroyed Wisconsin (20-220-2), Alabama (20-230-2) and Oregon (36-246-4) in the final three games to lead Ohio State. Elliot averaged 6.9 yards per carry in 2014 for 1,878 yards with 18 touchdowns. He had 28 receptions for 220 yards, too. Elliot showed speed, cutting ability and the ability to pick up yards after contact. He is a well-rounded back who does everything well.

Despite the devaluation of the running back position in the NFL in recent years teams have shown they are still willing to pay for quality. Much like the Rams with Todd Gurley last year this isn’t necessarily an obvious fit, but upon closer examination it actually does make sense. After all, the Carolina Panthers selected both DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart in the first round during John Fox’s tenure with the organization. Jeremy Langford showed some flashes in the absence of the now departed Matt Forte last season but Elliott is a different animal all together. Elliott is a true workhorse, with the ability to run both inside and outside, catch the ball out of the backfield and excel as a pass protector.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Careful, someone on this forum doesn't like the term bell cow......my vocabulary was questioned by using it...but YES...ZEKE IS A BELL COW RB....:muttley:

RoboQB

Reaction score
Yes.

The pick is in folks. Like it or not, you're going to have to deal with it. Maybe once we select a defensive player today, the rest of you
will cheer up a bit.

Dundalis

Reaction score
Of course he's a bell cow. But it is what it is. A weak draft (top end at least), and Elliot was one of the best players in it. He's a bell cow back, but he is not in the same tier as Peterson, Gurley and potentially Fournette that you would expect with a top 5 pick. He should be a very very good player for hopefully a lot of years though.

conner01

Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't think EE is that type of back is letting their Personal preferences in the draft cloud their judgement
I didn't want a RB at 4 but EE is a great player. And he will have a huge impact. I wanted to take a RB later and get pieces for the defense at 4 but some fans can't accept that their is no one way to do things and just because others have another way to do things doesn't make them wrong

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

:lmao::lmao2:... Go home :p