I have armed you in full for the war

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
This is what Jerry has done for Garrett and dak. If they lose this war one or both could be out of here as there are no more excuses to be had.

There are alot of fans who really dont understand what is going on here. This goes beyond it being about losing a 1st rd pick.

A fail would tell Jerry that:

1. Dak just doesnt have it even with a #1 WR and RB.

2. Garrett has finally proved to me that he is who he is despite given the tools to succeed and need to move on.

There is nothing else that can be done after the fact but move on.

This 1st round pick is like any other we've ever had. This 1st round pick may not only shape the history of this organization for the next decade, but it may also relieve this fanbase years of heartache, pain and stress.

I am not living in the now worried about losing a 1st rd pick. I am looking towards the future. There will be more years and more 1st rd picks (if God allows), and we will soon forget all about this 2018 pick.

Look at the big picture here guys. Jerry is setting this whole thing up. Garrett and dak are fully armed and the war starts with the titans.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
You’re right, Soup. But understand that Jason and Dak get the balance of this year and all of next to prove themselves. Unless the team implodes (the current 8-8 pace won’t do it) neither of them is being thrown on the junk pile after this season.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
If Garrett couldn't have gotten it done in 2014 or even 2016, then he has no chance in his lifetime. Should have been fired after the 2013 season in my opinion.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe Prescott will survive Garrett if both reach Jones' Final Jeopardy round. Some Prescott critics might disagree but I still remember Jones' eyes lighting up in 2016.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just hope some people are prepared to see Prescott remain both as the starter and on the roster at least until March 2020.

This for sure.
I think Garrett also.
Now we may get another OC for 2019. But then again, who would come in worth a flip, knowing it could be Garrett's last year as well. Unless, they think they can get the HC job if it goes that direction.

But Dak has this year, and next on his contract. There is nothing saying Dak needs a new contract in this upcoming off season. Unless he plays lights out the rest of the year and we make some noise in the playoffs.

So much in play going on.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think people are way misreading this trade.

This isn't about grading Garrett or Dak going forward. The Joneses have already done that, and they love both.

This is about "proving" themselves right about both of them. They're going to keep throwing resources at the problem until it improves. When Cooper isn't enough,.next year it will be a tight end and maybe another offensive linemen. The excuses of Frederick and a rookie guard and not enough time to build chemistry with Cooper are already warmed up and ready.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
If you have to leverage yourself out of a 1st round pick just to make a decision, you probably shouldnt be managing the team.

I agree. But the cowboys have had emotional attachments for years and that's why I more than not look past the fact that Jerry cant out right fire anyone without having the most dramatic probable cause available.

Of course we all know he shouldnt be there but he is and the fanbase is deeply content with it.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
I just hope some people are prepared to see Prescott remain both as the starter and on the roster at least until March 2020.

I feel that’s the exact case. I think the FO knows that there isn’t a QB this year in the draft to rave about. Even the one prospect that everyone wants may not come out, so why gamble? 2020 draft is where you take a QB.

So before all that, let’s see what Dak is really made of. I already have my opinion of him and while I’d like to say my piece, I’ll save your eyes. Let’s just say when 2020 rolls around and we get a chance to pick one of the top QBs, I will add to my collection of 2 jerseys (Aikman, Demarcus Ware).

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This is what Jerry has done for Garrett and dak. If they lose this war one or both could be out of here as there are no more excuses to be had.

There are alot of fans who really dont understand what is going on here.

Jerry is setting this whole thing up. Garrett and dak are fully armed and the war starts with the titans.

There also a lot of fans projecting theirs wants onto Jerry as though he thinks the same way they do, despite years of such predictions falling flat on their face as old Jerry marches on.

I'll believe Jerry is done with Garrett and/or Dak if/when it happens - not one second sooner.

But by all means, project away - it's a therapeutic process. Just try not to remember all of the "if this doesn't happen Jerry will fire Garrett" posts of the past, everyone one of which has been wrong.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
There also a lot of fans projecting theirs wants onto Jerry as though he thinks the same way they do, despite years of such predictions falling flat on their face as old Jerry marches on.

I'll believe Jerry is done with Garrett and/or Dak if/when it happens - not one second sooner.

But by all means, project away - it's a therapeutic process. Just try not to remember all of the "if this doesn't happen Jerry will fire Garrett" posts of the past, everyone one of which has been wrong.

It is therapeutic, I have aromatherapy candles with waterfall sounds in the background.

A cowboys fan at its best.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not going to defend that crap QB or the weak head coach but your lead WR is a regressing underachiever, your #2 is a rookie and your starting TE is an embarrassment.

Loaded they are not.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think people are way misreading this trade.

This isn't about grading Garrett or Dak going forward. The Joneses have already done that, and they love both.

This is about "proving" themselves right about both of them. They're going to keep throwing resources at the problem until it improves. When Cooper isn't enough,.next year it will be a tight end and maybe another offensive linemen. The excuses of Frederick and a rookie guard and not enough time to build chemistry with Cooper are already warmed up and ready.

I think you are absolutely right. If Jerry was not sold on Dak, there is no way he trades a #1 just to show him if he is the guy. Jerry has all the evidence he needs to show that Dak is not seeing the field. He does not need a #1 WR to make him see that.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No offense to the OP, but what new opinion is being introduced here that hasn't been provided many times over, or am I missing something here?