I have changed my mind..

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I have changed my mind. I know I have said we must draft offensive linemen but Good Lord, do we need safeties. Why is it on every deep pass our CB's are by themselves? I'm not thrilled about the CB's getting beat but seriously, why isn't a safety ever back there to, I don't know, make sure we don't get burnt deep?

Besides my obvious man crushes on Taylor Mays and Eric Berry there are potentially some really good safeties in this draft. Baltimore's Dawan Landry will be an Unrestricted Free Agent.

Hamlin must go and Sensabaugh hasn't convinced me yet he should be re-signed. We whiffed badly on DeAngelo Smith but I still have hope for Michael Hamlin.

By the way, I am not overreacting to tonight' s game. I still like our team for this year. I just think we will struggle until we get a real safety. If you go back and check the posts you'll see I've been calling for a true Free Safety for over a year now.

RS12

Reaction score
The O Line are all on the wrong side of 30. I would not be opposed to two of three first picks on the O Line. Unfortunately since Spencer looks to be a bust I am afraid we will be drafting another pass rusher. I would be thrilled to have Berry by the way.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
I wanted Dawan Landry last offseason.

We seriously need to cut Hamlin next offseason. Tonight sealed it for me. We really need Eric Berry on this team. Problem is, there's so many holes that need to be filled on this team. I could go 6 different options with our 1st pick and they would all seem ideal.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I've never understood the Dawan Landry love. he's had 1 good year on a bad 6-10 team.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2957061 said:
I wanted Dawan Landry last offseason.

We seriously need to cut Hamlin next offseason. Tonight sealed it for me. We really need Eric Berry on this team. Problem is, there's so many holes that need to be filled on this team. I could go 6 different options with our 1st pick and they would all seem ideal.

:bang2:

Good job uncle jerruh.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Rampage;2957125 said:
I've never understood the Dawan Landry love. he's had 1 good year on a bad 6-10 team.

Rampage, did you watch the Baltimore-San Diego game yesterday? Landry was all over the place making plays. The kid is a player. Watching a game with talented safeties like Ed Reed, Dawan Landry, and Eric Weddle (San Diego) just before watching our safeties is torture.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2958712 said:
I wouldn't mind drafting Vandy CB Myron Lewis and moving him to FS

Myron Lewis, FS, Vanderbilt thats what he is listed as

I say we Go LT - NT if we keep 3-4 if not then Gaurd - then WR
then maybe a saftey

this draft year is full of good safties

Myron Rolle, SS, Florida State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 218.
Projected 40 Time: 4.46.
Projected Round (2010): 5-6.

its a deep year for safeties

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I think we went zero coverage alot.

But I agree. Lets see some of Michael Hamlin, if he doesnt wow we can cut ties and look elsewhere. Nick Collins or a huge trade for Berry.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2958409 said:
Rampage, did you watch the Baltimore-San Diego game yesterday? Landry was all over the place making plays. The kid is a player. Watching a game with talented safeties like Ed Reed, Dawan Landry, and Eric Weddle (San Diego) just before watching our safeties is torture.
unfortunately no. I haven't gotten a chance to see the Ravens play yet this season. I watched the Stealers at Bears game.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'd move either Orlando Scandrick or Mike Jenkins to FS and draft a CB in rd 3 or so to be the #3 CB. That gives us this line-up

RCB- Terrence Newman
LCB- Mike Jenkins
FS- Orlando Scandrick
SS- Gerald Sensabrough

and in nickel situations

RCB- Terrence Newman
LCB- Mike Jenkins
Slot- Orlando Scandrick
FS- Pat Watkins
SS- Gerald Sensabrough

This way we have our 3 best DBs on the field at all times (Eric Berry will be drafted and Taylor Mays will be drafted long before our pick) and we won't have to wait for a rookie to develop.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2966867 said:
I'd move either Orlando Scandrick or Mike Jenkins to FS and draft a CB in rd 3 or so to be the #3 CB. That gives us this line-up

RCB- Terrence Newman
LCB- Mike Jenkins
FS- Orlando Scandrick
SS- Gerald Sensabrough

and in nickel situations

RCB- Terrence Newman
LCB- Mike Jenkins
Slot- Orlando Scandrick
FS- Pat Watkins
SS- Gerald Sensabrough

This way we have our 3 best DBs on the field at all times (Eric Berry will be drafted and Taylor Mays will be drafted long before our pick) and we won't have to wait for a rookie to develop.

Scandrick as a FS is a horrible idea.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I'd just draft another corner, and move Alan Ball to FS

maybe someone like Oklahoma State CB Perrish Cox, who is also a standout punt and kick-returner

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;2967516 said:
Ball skills.....

guess I will watch him this Sunday - see if hes any good -

how are we suppose to get him ? oh i see

Collins is in the final year of his contract and he will earn $3.045 million this year. He is unhappy with the lack of discussions about a contract extension.

so he was a all pro what kind of money you think he be wantin - BIG I bet

Collins, who went to his first Pro Bowl last season, has skipped almost all of the voluntary offseason practices in protest of the Packers’ unwillingness to negotiate a new contract heading into his fifth NFL season. That leaves the starting safety well behind his teammates in new defensive coordinator Dom Capers’ intensive course this spring and summer on his 3-4 scheme.

On Wednesday, the Packers’ coaches tried to tutor Collins as much as possible in the limited time they had him, so he stood alongside safeties coach Darren Perry for the long 11-on-11 jog-through portion that opened practice, before going into The Don Hutson Center for individual drills so the team’s strength and conditioning coaches could evaluate his fitness.

“(Learning this 3-4) is a long process,” said new safety Anthony Smith, who worked in a similar 3-4 scheme with the Pittsburgh Steelers the past three years. “You can ask anybody who’s ever been in it, it takes a couple years to learn it, to really get the concept of it.”

hmn so give Hamlin an Sensa three years

just because he was all pro for one team one time does not make him a great player

hell we had 13 all pros and where we end up ?

all pros is BS