I have come to a conclusion about NFC

Reed

Reaction score
Here is what i realized tonight after watching some of the vikings and green bay game and after a few beers in. These teams are basically the same teams from the years before. The only reason they arent as good as they used to be is because all of the other teams in the nfc have gotten better. It is no conicidence that they are worse and they are many other nfc teams are better. This same idea applies to the eagles. They are basically the same team, yet they are not doing better than years before. This is because all the other teams in the nfc have gotten much better and taken huge strides. The nfc has gotten so much better and the teams that were deemed "good" for those many years are infact medoicore to poor with a beefed up nfc division. These teams were simply product of the competition around them and not that of great teams. I remember watching the packers vs the eagles and thinking that the packers were the only team that had a shot to knock out the eagles becuase NO one else in the nfc was good enough. The eagles and these other teams runs in the playoffs were flukes, now that they face real competiton they have fallen off the stage.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
... the Packers are missing Ahman Green and Javon Walker. Much of their offensive line including Wahle who went to Carolina and Rivera who is here with us.

The Eagles are without T.O. and an injury free McNabb. Plus they have the added baggage of the whole T.O. affair.

In some ways some teams including Dallas moved up, but in some ways teams like GB and Philly came down due to injuries and other distractions.

Gordon

Reaction score
I disagree as well and davidyee basically expressed what my thoughts were.

Green Bay is nowhere near the team they were last year or the year before.

Reed

Reaction score
still, the vikings were awful with culpepper, and the packers still sucked when they were totally healthy, besides walker, i seriously believe that the other teams in the nfc have just gotten better while these guys have stayed near the same but have gotten a little bit worse, and it really shows

Hoov

Reaction score
the teams that are "bad" now are the teams that have players who have gotten older and they havent been replaced yet with new talent.

Green Bay hasnt brought in young guys to adequately replace guys that moved on or are no longer producing.

Same with the eagles. That is why GB and Philly having so many injuries.

Reed

Reaction score
these teams were never really that good they were just average and goign deep in the playoffs becuase everyone else blew. You guys might have different views but this is how i feel. And the eagles are still very young, what are you talking about, they arent old, vikings are pretty youh, only older person is favre, and hes stilll great.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas is now at Par with the rest of NFC's best.
Eagles had their run but injury and attrition is catching up on them....

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Reed said:
these teams were never really that good they were just average and goign deep in the playoffs becuase everyone else blew. You guys might have different views but this is how i feel. And the eagles are still very young, what are you talking about, they arent old, vikings are pretty youh, only older person is favre, and hes stilll great.

...missing players who contributed last year and the replacements are not producing - that in my opinion is a reduction in talent.

Same thing with GB. When Green and Walker are not in the lineup what else can you call it but a reduction in talent. Hence my argument that those two teams came down a notch talent wise.