I hope this kicker don't cost a victory down the road

sportsman

Reaction score
Man I hope this kicker don't cost a victory down the road. He makes me nervous with each one of his kicks. Very shaky.

sbark

Reaction score
keep him outside the 40, and you could then see his draw bring the ball back dead center
inside, he is trying to hit a 3/4 driver and leaves it in the tall grass to the right LOL

Kaiser

Reaction score
Maher is 24 for 28 and has some long distance kicks, every kicker worries me but Maher hasn't been a problem.

The guy fans were upset about, Dan Bailey, is 16 for 22 and is only 4 for 9 at 40 yards or farther. I'm fine with Maher.

Kaiser

Reaction score
We were spoiled with bailey

We were, but its been three years since Bailey was that Bailey. Even putting the money aside, Maher has been better this year by a good margin.

Last edited:

remdak

Reaction score
We have an average kicker. Nothing better out there on the street though

stiletto

Reaction score
Funny thing is if he had made the 45 yarder and missed the 62, no one would be saying he is shaky. He nailed the 62 and missed 45 so he is a problem. It's understandable but that 62 yarder was a huge kick. I want guys who do things when no one thinks there is a chance..

links18

Reaction score
This dude nailed a 62 yarder and you have the nerve to worry about future performance, just because he missed a mid range FG and even his makes are pushed to the right? Sheesh, what are you saying about Dak? :muttley:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His kicks don't got through the middle....unless they are from 62 yards lol.....

He's a decent kicker though. Bailey in his prime was far more automatic. But I can't pick today to say anything bad about him. He just broke a franchise record on a 62 harder. I don't think I've ever seen a Cowboys kicker kick a 60 yard field goal. Not even big leg David Beuhler lol.

ultron

Reaction score
I still can't believe he hit a 62 yard FG. I'm still in shock

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
He's alright. Not great, not bad. As long as he doesn't miss some big kicks then he's a keeper for cheap. After Dan Bailey, I don't think you ever want to get in the habit of overpaying for a kicker

Seems like he is more comfortable with longer kicks than the money range of 44-49 though. Might be something to take into account if you're in FG range. Lose a few yards to make it a longer kick than try to settle for a 47 yarder.

Verdict

Reaction score
I still can't believe he hit a 62 yard FG. I'm still in shock

That didn't shock me at all. He had leg for closer to 70.

But he may miss a 40 harder. We have to ride or die with him for now.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
keep him outside the 40, and you could then see his draw bring the ball back dead center
inside, he is trying to hit a 3/4 driver and leaves it in the tall grass to the right LOL
After that 62 yarder, he looked like he changed his mechanics on a shorter kick.

lwehlers

Reaction score
he is kicking just as average as bailey is with the Vikings. I think that the Vikings are thinking the same thing about bailey right now.