I just realized why we wont go after Peterson...

k19

Reaction score
Julian Peterson
49ers Seahawks? Peterson visiting Seattle
<Mar. 16> According to the Oakland Tribune, Peterson is scheduled to travel to Seattle on Thursday to meet with the Seahawks. The 27-year-old was the 49ers' franchise player in 2004 and 2005, but struggled to regain his form after a torn Achilles' tendon curtailed his 2004 season.
The 49ers would prefer to retain Peterson, but assumed his price would be too high. However, the veteran linebacker has not drawn the kind of interest that was expected, and the 49ers are now optimistic he will return. Peterson's agent, Carl Poston, is adamant, however, there is plenty of interest in his client and the 49ers shouldn't feel too good.

"I don't know if they have a reason to be or not to be (optimistic) at this point. The fact that he's very seriously considering a number of teams ... I don't know. That's something they control. They control their optimism or depression. Is it a possibility? Sure."

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
k19 said:
Julian Peterson
49ers Seahawks? Peterson visiting Seattle
<Mar. 16> According to the Oakland Tribune, Peterson is scheduled to travel to Seattle on Thursday to meet with the Seahawks. The 27-year-old was the 49ers' franchise player in 2004 and 2005, but struggled to regain his form after a torn Achilles' tendon curtailed his 2004 season.
The 49ers would prefer to retain Peterson, but assumed his price would be too high. However, the veteran linebacker has not drawn the kind of interest that was expected, and the 49ers are now optimistic he will return. Peterson's agent, Carl Poston, is adamant, however, there is plenty of interest in his client and the 49ers shouldn't feel too good.

"I don't know if they have a reason to be or not to be (optimistic) at this point. The fact that he's very seriously considering a number of teams ... I don't know. That's something they control. They control their optimism or depression. Is it a possibility? Sure."

He may have a new agent shortly...

btw... if we sign TO are you gonna change your user name to TO81? :D

k19

Reaction score
trickblue said:
He may have a new agent shortly...

btw... if we sign TO are you gonna change your user name to TO81? :D

smart arse. I miss Key already *cries and throws a fit*

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Isnt Carl Poston Suspended as an agent?

He's appealing his suspension, but the damage is probably already done...

It's the NFLPA that is doing this... who would want to sign with him now?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
or it could be because he doesn't fit in a 3-4 at all.

k19

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Isnt Carl Poston Suspended as an agent?

Well theres 2 of them and Bill shys away from them both. Rumor was that was part of the reason we soured on Merriman

k19

Reaction score
trickblue said:
He's appealing his suspension, but the damage is probably already done...

It's the NFLPA that is doing this... who would want to sign with him now?

The great one KII :D