I knew Eagles Be Tougher Than Most Think...

Reaction score
Most fans think the Eagles won't be good this year after an 8-8 season. I cautioned people that the Eagles are much improved and this game would not be as easy as people think.

I suggested that we may see the Eagles three times, one being in the playoffs.

Hey guys, the NFC East is back!!!!!!!!!!! The Beast In The East!!! The three best teams in the NFL are right here in the NFC East with the Cowboys, Giants and Birds. Don't sleep on the Skins, just yet.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Cowboys start getting out of their own way, these games won't be so close. Philly is good, but we made them look better.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
There was a point, where I think the Cowboys could have turned this game into a route. Then came the Romo interception.

They were in the game due to our mistakes and the inordinate amount of penalties on us.

I think we are clearly the better team, and could simply score whenever we needed to.

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2263623 said:
Most fans think the Eagles won't be good this year after an 8-8 season. I cautioned people that the Eagles are much improved and this game would not be as easy as people think.

Hey guys, the NFC East is back!!!!!!!!!!! The Beast In The East!!! The three best teams in the NFL are right here in the NFC East with the Cowboys, Giants and Birds. Don't sleep on the Skins, just yet.

Nice to say that after the fact.....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2263623 said:

I agree and have said the same thing. This is a tough division and with a healthy McNabb I expect Philly to be in the mix all year long.

mcnabbmcnow

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2263864 said:
There was a point, where I think the Cowboys could have turned this game into a route. Then came the Romo interception.

They were in the game due to our mistakes and the inordinate amount of penalties on us.

I think we are clearly the better team, and could simply score whenever we needed to.

If Mcnabb doesn't fumble the handoff, you lose the game. Let's not forget you had a special teams TD and a blown coverage on a TO bomb....The Eagles actually shut down Barber well.

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
mcnabbmcnow;2264503 said:
If Mcnabb does fumble the handoff, you lose the game. Let's not forget you had a special teams TD and a blown coverage on a TO bomb....The Eagles actually shut down Barber well.

Does fumble? And if Romo doesnt fumble the ball twice in the end zone the game wouldnt have been close.... The Boys gave the Eagles two scores the second on a PI play that was clearly offensive PI vice defensive... so your theory holds no water......

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yeah, I was a little suprised to see some predicting a blowout.

As long as they have continuity in the coaching staff, McNabb and Westbrook, they are going to win some games.

juck

Reaction score
They wont score over 17 on Pittsburgh.They got hyped up for this game and we gave them 14.

mcnabbmcnow

Reaction score
Westcoasthabsfan;2264546 said:
Does fumble? And if Romo doesnt fumble the ball twice in the end zone the game wouldnt have been close.... The Boys gave the Eagles two scores the second on a PI play that was clearly offensive PI vice defensive... so your theory holds no water......

I knew you would complain about the PI. You didn't complain about the two facemask calls on the Cowboys that were not called, the illegal contact downfield on Brian Westbrook that was called, and the Asante Samuel PI call that was questionable at best.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
juckie;2264580 said:
They wont score over 17 on Pittsburgh.They got hyped up for this game and we gave them 14.

Why does everyone think Pittsburgh is this juggernaut that nobody can score alot of points on?

They shutdown the Texans and Browns...big deal.

Boysboy

Reaction score
mcnabbmcnow;2264589 said:
I knew you would complain about the PI. You didn't complain about the two facemask calls on the Cowboys that were not called, the illegal contact downfield on Brian Westbrook that was called, and the Asante Samuel PI call that was questionable at best.

Huh? AS grabbed Owens' jersey on that play.

As for the bad PI call on Henry, it all but wiped out the 2 facemask non-calls on Westbrook on that same drive, so it evened out at the end.

As for all the blown calls on the whole-there were just as many on both sides, so in the end, it didn't have an effect on the outcome of the game.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2264593 said:
Why does everyone think Pittsburgh is this juggernaut that nobody can score alot of points on?

Pitt is a good team-nothing's guaranteed.

juck

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2264593 said:

I hate pittsburgh steelers,i have lived as a cowboy fan behind enemy lines all my life.I will say though that its not the players its the scheme with them and I think Dick Lebeau is a genius at the 3-4.They always have a good defense.I do envy the stunts and movement they use.We could be better if the scheme wasnt bend dont break.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Eagles have struggled with consistency the same way we have struggled in December.

McNabb gets banged up then the offense totally changes.

They are a good team when hitting on all cylinders but are no where near as deep a team as we are.

For all Jaws crying about the WRs being injured truth is Hank Baskett and Desean Jackson are their best 2 WRs. McNabb was already a lesser player by the end of the game, we'll see how his body handles 6 more weeks of that.
I do not think Philly will be an elite team by the end of the year but they are very good right now.

Boysboy

Reaction score
jterrell;2264624 said:
The Eagles have struggled with consistency the same way we have struggled in December.

McNabb gets banged up then the offense totally changes.

They are a good team when hitting on all cylinders but are no where near as deep a team as we are.

For all Jaws crying about the WRs being injured truth is Hank Baskett and Desean Jackson are their best 2 WRs. McNabb was already a lesser player by the end of the game, we'll see how his body handles 6 more weeks of that.
I do not think Philly will be an elite team by the end of the year but they are very good right now.

The only reason why Reggie Brown is still starting is b/c he signed a big contract 2 years ago. And to boot, if the Eagles cut him, they'll have to absorb a cap hit(alot like our Roy situation here).

I agree he's their worst WR. However-if anything, like Roy with us, they're stuck in a lose-lose situation with him.

msreddy999

Reaction score
May be Desean is better than Brown but definitely not Baskett. Brown is a decent 2nd WR. He has some consistency issues but he is decent. His numbers are not bad and he is still young. Either way they missed their best WR (Curtis) and still scored lot of points.

Boysboy;2264653 said:
The only reason why Reggie Brown is still starting is b/c he signed a big contract 2 years ago. And to boot, if the Eagles cut him, they'll have to absorb a cap hit(alot like our Roy situation here).

I agree he's their worst WR. However-if anything, like Roy with us, they're stuck in a lose-lose situation with him.