I Know Its A Gamble But... Marcus Vick?

aga11ah

Reaction score
was just thinkin, maybe we should take a risk and pick up Marcus Vick in the later rounds? sure he needs to grow up. if he doesnt. then bye bye but his potential is still pretty high in my opinion. who knows, he could change and really be a great player. i'm sure Mike isn't going to let him blow his NFL chance down the drain. well he'll try his best to keep him straight.

what do you guys think? worth a late pick? i mean Bledsoe only has a few years left... its a gamble but worth it too me.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
aga11ah said:
was just thinkin, maybe we should take a risk and pick up Marcus Vick in the later rounds? sure he needs to grow up. if he doesnt. then bye bye but his potential is still pretty high in my opinion. who knows, he could change and really be a great player. i'm sure Mike isn't going to let him blow his NFL chance down the drain. well he'll try his best to keep him straight.

what do you guys think? worth a late pick? i mean Bledsoe only has a few years left... its a gamble but worth it too me.

I'm all for 2nd chances and believe that people can and do grow out of the advanced stages of knuckleheadness but let lil Vick grow up somewhere else. I wouldn't even be interested in him as a rookie FA.

shnagy

Reaction score
SALADIN said:
I'm all for 2nd chances and believe that people can and do grow out of the advanced stages of knuckleheadness but let lil Vick grow up somewhere else. I wouldn't even be interested in him as a rookie FA.
I think this kid has had enough chances. I agree, let him grow up somewhere else. Just say NO THANKS to Marcus Vick.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
:hammer:

OOTF

Reaction score
The kid is dumb, undisciplined and a mediocre QB. No way

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Nope dont need him.
On top of all the crap it is not like he was going to be the next great QB or anything

Pokes28

Reaction score
I just don't think he's worth the risk of any draft pick. I wouldn't even offer him a free agent deal. If he was good enough to make the roster then somehow became our starting QB, with the crap he's done over and over again, he'd be constant heart burn. This is if the very best thing that could happen did happen and that is that he can really play.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
aga11ah said:

Vick has ZERO chance of ever being a starting NFL QB...absolutely ZERO

too short, too inaccurate, too stupid, too much of a thug...I'm fairly certain he wont be drafted unless its by a knucklheaded organization like the Raiders, or maybe Vick's brother strongarms the Falcons into watsing a late pick on him

David

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
no

way.

Set aside the fact that he's a moron...
he's not even a very good football player, IMO.

aga11ah

Reaction score
lol i thought i'd get alot of no's but i figured at least one person would take the risk. oh well. thanks for the opinions. i dont like him myself due to him doing all the dumb things he has done in college, but on the field who knows. but yea

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I have to agree with everyone else. We're not so desperate at QB right now with the emergence of Drew Henson in NFLE, that we need to take an Okay QB, with little upside. I say NO.

Derinyar

Reaction score
If your going to try and gabmle on a QB project later in the draft I'd probalby go with McNeil over Vick pretty easily.