I KNOW this is OT, but WTH...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson posted this over in the Members Zone, but we know that most of us check out this forum more than the others, so I thought I'd tell the regulars that the guy lost his Dad last night...

I invite the regulars in here to go over to that board and offer him some moral support, it won't be hard to find his thread...

Mods, if you'd indulge me for a few hours, I'd appreciate it... he's one of our own, and he's hurting...

To the rest of you, this thread requires no comment, unless one of you wants to bump it up when it starts to slip off the front page... whaddaya say we rally around ol' HH??

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson, condolences to you and your family.

silverbear

Reaction score
This thread has had its intended effect, we've had like 15 more condolence posts over there for HH since I posted over here... he may not have seen them yet, but sooner or later he will, and I'm sure he'll be grateful for all the support...

Of course, my main reason for mentioning this is to bump this thread back up to the top again... ;)

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Don't know HH, but I will keep him in my thoughts. God bless him and his family.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Hollywood Henderson posted this over in the Members Zone, but we know that most of us check out this forum more than the others, so I thought I'd tell the regulars that the guy lost his Dad last night...

I invite the regulars in here to go over to that board and offer him some moral support, it won't be hard to find his thread...

Mods, if you'd indulge me for a few hours, I'd appreciate it... he's one of our own, and he's hurting...

To the rest of you, this thread requires no comment, unless one of you wants to bump it up when it starts to slip off the front page... whaddaya say we rally around ol' HH??

Sorry to hear that.

Reaction score
Thanks gang,
I really do appreciate all your thoughts & kind words...

I know most of us really don't know each other personally, but I do feel for all of you and do feel like we have somewhat of a "Cowboy's family"

I know we all have alot of passion for our team...(Sometimes I might have too much) Sorry if I offend anyone in my passion & support of our team.

But in these times, I just want us to be thankful of our friends & family & those that have it much worse, like those suffering from their losses and the ones hurt from hurricane Katrina...

Thanks again, it means alot to me.

Doug TNT Tyree (Hollywood Hensderson)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
Thanks gang,

I know most of us really don't know each other personally, but I do feel for all of you and do feel like we have somewhat of a "Cowboy's family"

I know we all have alot of passion for our team...(Sometimes I might have too much) Sorry if I offend anyone in my passion & support of our team.

But in these times, I just want us to be thankful of our friends & family & those that have it much worse, like those suffering from their losses and the ones hurt from hurricane Katrina...

Prayers go out to you and your family

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Thanks gang,

Our 'Cowboys family' is often a dysfunctional one here, HH, but that doesn't make the bonds any less strong...

...we love ya..........

silverbear

Reaction score
Thanks gang,

At times like these, the petty little vendettas in here are totally insignificant, pal... you know you and me have swapped insults, it's gotten downright ugly... but I don't give a crap about that right now...

Just look at all those responses, and maybe all the good wishes we're sending your way will make you feel just a little better... it worked that way for me when my Mom died 4 years ago this coming Tuesday, the folks in the Cowboys' newsgroup helped me through in ways they'll never know...

Anyway, that's what I'm hoping this will do for you...

VirusX

Reaction score
Thanks gang,

I've been in your shoes Hollywood, I dont envy you. Gather the memories of the good times you had to help you to keep going. Talk and laugh with your family about silly things he did or said. Remember all the good and grieve but keep in mind that hes only gone physically.

My condolences... Take Care...

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Our 'Cowboys family' is often a dysfunctional one here, HH, but that doesn't make the bonds any less strong...

...we love ya..........

Well said Barb ...

HH my friend. I worry myself sick all the time thinking of my pops. He is not really old just yet (58) now. The thing w/ my dad is that he is a big guy w/ big weight problems, diabetes and a family history of heart failure. He is a couple year past where my grandfather (his dad) past away. I tell him weekly he is living on borrowed time and to please do something about his weight. He is old and set in his ways. He says he wants to be happy and all. Keeps telling me that medicines he is on now are different and better than when my grandfather was on them. Its just an excuse to get me to shut up I think. Still...I wish he would do something for my families sake. My son worships his grandfather. He hung the moon for this little 4 yr old. I would like him to be around much longer for his sake. Its hard to get through to some I suppose.

Anyways....my heart and prayers go out to you and your family in this time of mourning.

We are here if you ever need folks to drop on. Your family....and thats what we do for eather other.

Be well sir...

TJ