I know we are all anti- Big Mike right now

Reid1boys

Reaction score
But at what point do we say Mike carried a perpetual big game loser like Rodgers to multiple championship games and a Super Bowl win? I am being sarcastic, BUT it is factual.

I was against Mike from day 1, so nothing has changed for me.

He had arguably a top 4 QB of all time and he made 1 SB with him. Thats a failure to me. he now comes to a team that has Dak..... yea, hes taking that to the SB.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You're a liar. There's no difference between second place or last...its actually more torture...Bills fans don't take pride in losing in the SB 4 different times....that's even more torturous....
Showing that you can compete is much better than showing that you cannot.

Torturous or not. I'd rather my team show that they can compete instead of getting embarrassed every year.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I am not convinced we will win with Mike. I just Wanted to point this out since I have heard a million times how Mike only won because of Rodgers. Which of course can be said about almost every SB winning coach.

yea, it can be said about almost every SB winning coach, because it is true.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
McCarthy isn’t a real factor either way and he’s better than Garrett.

The owner who will sign any check that would help us win stops short at signing a check for a top quality coach.

Unless something changes I think we just all need to take The Who cares approach with this team because they’re probably going to give us a status quo off-season and do nothing.

Jerry his doing his I’m not happy dance to act like he relates to fans but he will do nothing.

Our biggest hope I guess going forward would be Sean Payton sitting out a year and then coaching us after the year is over but if he wants money do you think Jerry will compete or keep paying McCarthy nothing to coach his team?
the same owner that brought in Parcells (who won squat by the way) then brings in a SB winning coach in Mike wont bring in a quality coach? uhm... ok

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Torturous or not. I'd rather my team show that they can compete instead of getting embarrassed every year.
Losing the Super Bowl 4 different times is embarrassing.....I don't know maybe some do look at that like winning second place. I know we live in a society now where second place is applauded.....everyone's a winner!

bewp7

Reaction score
idc what he did in gb

i care about what he do in dallas and all he does is screw up clock managment and let his team commit 10+ pelanty every single game all season and say he cant fix it until the offseason

he is a bufoon

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
With the Big Mike conversation....can we at least be honest with ourselves? Nobody knows exactly what Big Mike does. This is the disfunction and structure of the Cowboys. People saying we can win or can't win with Big Mike...how do you know when you have no idea what he even does?

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Losing the Super Bowl 4 different times is embarrassing.....I don't know maybe some do look at that like winning second place. I know we live in a society now where second place is applauded.....everyone's a winner!
If you finish 2nd place that means you was playing in the game for 1st place.

If you finished 10 then you don't even get the chance.

I'd much rather be playing for a championship then not playing for it at all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
idc what he did in gb

i care about what he do in dallas and all he does is screw up clock managment and let his team commit 10+ pelanty every single game all season and say he cant fix it until the offseason

he is a bufoon
I can't blame him for guys like Connor Williams getting penalties......that ain't coaching some of that is on the player.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you finish 2nd place that means you was playing in the game for 1st place.

If you finished 10 then you don't even get the chance.

I'd much rather be playing for a championship then not playing for it at all.
I guess lol....seems like second place is just a way to screw up your draft status to me.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could give a diddly what MM did elsewhere.

Here he's a non-coaching statue, of a fraud.
Watch him epic fail without Quinn next season, start figuring your top 10 pick in the 2023 draft.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I guess lol....seems like second place is just a way to screw up your draft status to me.
I mean, yeah, you're going to get a low draft pick if you lose the Super Bowl.

You're never guaranteed to win anything, but you're also never going to win unless you make it to the Super Bowl.

You wouldn't rather your team play for the Super Bowl over better draft position?

I mean, if we're talking Wild Card or Divisional Round then okay, but the Super Bowl? lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean, yeah, you're going to get a low draft pick if you lose the Super Bowl.

You're never guaranteed to win anything, but you're also never going to win unless you make it to the Super Bowl.

You wouldn't rather your team play for the Super Bowl over better draft position?

I mean, if we're talking Wild Card or Divisional Round then okay, but the Super Bowl? lol

I mean my argument isn't a either or. My argument is that going 0-16 isn't any better than losing in the Super Bowl. Your argument is that you'd rather lose in the Super Bowl....ultimately i'd rather win a SB than not. Of course. But I just don't see any difference in getting second place or last. At least last place is staring at a good draft pick.

Brax

Reaction score
With the Big Mike conversation....can we at least be honest with ourselves? Nobody knows exactly what Big Mike does. This is the dysnfuction and strcuture of the Cowboys. People saying we can win or can't win with Big Mike...how do you know when you have no idea what he even does?
You are correct on this except for 2 things, he's first in the food line and gets a lot of massages.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Rodgers has been to multiple NFC championship games without McCarthy though.

McCarthy hasn't won a playoff game since he left Rodgers.
Gun to the head.....

You need to get to a conference championship to survive.

You have a choice between Aaron Rodgers or Mike McCarthy on your side.

That should settle this quasi chicken or egg debate.

JBS

Reaction score

Easy to say from the outside. When you actually live that life, it’s a different story. Everyone here is clamoring for 1 NFCCG appearance. 1. Not go every year and lose. Once you get there once and lose the bar is raised. You can lie all you want but everyone knows it’s a lie. Nobody would be ok with that and shouldn’t be. You think gb fans are happy? Yeah sure.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Gun to the head.....

You need to get to a conference championship to survive.

You have a choice between Aaron Rodgers or Mike McCarthy on your side.

That should settle this quasi chicken or egg debate.
Everyone would take Rodgers.

I did this with Dak homers during the season. I would challenge them to put their accounts on the line that Dak takes us to a Super Bowl. I wanted to see how much that really believed in him.

Not a single one would take the challenge.