Allen
Burrow
Hebert
Jackson
Murray
Wilson
Mayfield
and Lawrence aren't nice people?

They probably are. But as far as QBs go in the list you provided, I'd take Dak over Mayfield, Allen, Murray, and Jackson. The only reason I didn't mention Lawrence, Herbert, and Burrow is because they're either rookies or just finished their second season. Though, as of now, if I had to choose, I'd also take Dak over Burrow. I don't know how Lawrence is going to be in the NFL, and Herbert looked great but that was his rookie season. Let's see how he follows that up.

garyo1954

Reaction score
They probably are. But as far as QBs go in the list you provided, I'd take Dak over Mayfield, Allen, Murray, and Jackson. The only reason I didn't mention Lawrence, Herbert, and Burrow is because they're either rookies or just finished their second season. Though, as of now, if I had to choose, I'd also take Dak over Burrow. I don't know how Lawrence is going to be in the NFL, and Herbert looked great but that was his rookie season. Let's see how he follows that up.

I'm not a Mayfield fan myself. His attitude rubs people wrong at times, but he's done things in Cleveland that 20 plus other high draft/can't miss prospects never did, so kudos to him. Imagine if he were the Cowboy QB opinion would be different for any of them.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm not a Mayfield fan myself. His attitude rubs people wrong at times, but he's done things in Cleveland that 20 plus other high draft/can't miss prospects never did, so kudos to him. Imagine if he were the Cowboy QB opinion would be different for any of them.

I'd still take Dak over him if he were on the Cowboys.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Sure. I like mayfield too. He isn’t perfect. But he is a pretty good QB.

i do think we need to be realistic about Cleveland now though. This isn’t the Cleveland from 20 years ago. Mayfield actually has a very good supporting cast around him.

Dak does too of course. But I’m just saying it’s not like Mayfield is playing with scrubs either. Cleveland or not.

It does say something about QB’s in general though. That suddenly a Cleveland QB is successful, and it just so happens to coincide with when he has a good WR Corp and great running back. IMO it’s to be expected. Because only the elite of elite QB’s can be successful without help. And there’s like 2-3 of those QB’s in the league at a given time.

and even they need SOME help.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Sure. I like mayfield too. He isn’t perfect. But he is a pretty good QB.

i do think we need to be realistic about Cleveland now though. This isn’t the Cleveland from 20 years ago. Mayfield actually has a very good supporting cast around him.

Dak does too of course. But I’m just saying it’s not like Mayfield is playing with scrubs either. Cleveland or not.

It does say something about QB’s in general though. That suddenly a Cleveland QB is successful, and it just so happens to coincide with when he has a good WR Corp and great running back. IMO it’s to be expected. Because only the elite of elite QB’s can be successful without help. And there’s like 2-3 of those QB’s in the league at a given time.

and even they need SOME help.

Your choice.