I love the Dallas Cowboys sometimes

leeblair

Reaction score
it ended on BAD defense pretty similarity to 2014 so your thought process is flawed..same team same player same coach that ended it all in a similar way..

its easy to say you knew because its 50/50 shot and hindsight is 20/20 but it doesnt take away of how exciting that season was.. if you didnt feel that , then you are a total pessimist for sure..
That's your opinion but I still remember how awful Dak was in the first half vs Green Bay.
He rallied in the second half, but the damage was done.

starfan1

Reaction score
Not sure about loving the Cowboys but the Cowboys cheerleaders could use some love and if I was single, and younger, and well, no beer belly, and filthy rich, I could easily give them some.
Im certain I can give them the best 2 minutes they ever had lol.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure about loving the Cowboys but the Cowboys cheerleaders could use some love and if I was single, and younger, and well, no beer belly, and filthy rich, I could easily give them some.
Hell, you do all that and you can give me some.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The REAL Dallas Cowboys .
Not the hopeless case they have been for 12 of the last 13 years. The only year in which the Cowboys of the past 13 years were even close to being what the Cowboys of the past stood for was in 2014, when Garrett was demoted; Scott Linehan took over the offense and Garrett was forbidden to interfere.
2015 was the best team since 1991, but Romo got hurt and Garrett's incompetence destroyed what SHOULD HAVE BEEN a Super Bowl season.
But all of the futility of the past is finally over. Most of us can stand losing if we know the Cowboys are on the right path.
It's really not whether you win or lose; it really IS how you play the game. If you play it the way it's supposed to be played, the wins will come.
The Cowboys are back! And I am proud to say, I love the Dallas Cowboys again.
I think the Cowboys should have to play a nationally televised game within 30 days for all of us who have missed them for so long.
Go Cowboys!
2016 was as successful as 2014, and really might have been the better team because the defense was better.

leeblair

Reaction score
I wish I didn't.
I understand that feeling, well.
But no one should have loved what they became under Garrett.
It was wrong in every way. That wasn't the Cowboys we grew to love. They were something different; ethically and professionally incompetent.
I'm glad that's over.

Big_D

Reaction score
"fan" ... taken from the word "fanatic".

Fanatics stick with their team thru thick and thin ! Jus sayin'.

The owner should have that same commitment. The Garrett situation was trying many fans patience and I don't blame them at all. If Garrett was back in 2020, I was done with 5 decades of fandom. Jerry would've got a big Foff from me. No more scapegoats, no more going through the motions and watching every season with no hope at all. NFL football would've been in the rear view. Jerry and this team was at a crossroads and he finally made the smart decision.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Same here. I was one of the people who said if they bring Garrett back, I will no longer root for them. Tired of the mediocrity. Tired of Jerry. But now that he has brung in a Coach who has some cache and who is picking his own staff, I am back on board and can't wait till next season.

Hear ya,Lee. I was ready to trash all my Cowboy gear if Red Ball had come back. Now maybe I can wear my gear again versus everyone laughing because you still dare to wear the Star and colors. A good reason to update my stuff anyway:muttley: Thanks, Jerry!!

leeblair

Reaction score
I hope my love for the Cowboys will return like it used to be.
I just couldn't stand seeing them become something else altogether.
I had already given up on who they had become.
The stench of how Garrett was handed the most prolific team in sports and his incompetent handling of them is finally gone.
The damage he did was terrible, but at least now they have a chance to do it right again.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The REAL Dallas Cowboys .
Not the hopeless case they have been for 12 of the last 13 years. The only year in which the Cowboys of the past 13 years were even close to being what the Cowboys of the past stood for was in 2014, when Garrett was demoted; Scott Linehan took over the offense and Garrett was forbidden to interfere.
2015 was the best team since 1991, but Romo got hurt and Garrett's incompetence destroyed what SHOULD HAVE BEEN a Super Bowl season.
But all of the futility of the past is finally over. Most of us can stand losing if we know the Cowboys are on the right path.
It's really not whether you win or lose; it really IS how you play the game. If you play it the way it's supposed to be played, the wins will come.
The Cowboys are back! And I am proud to say, I love the Dallas Cowboys again.
I think the Cowboys should have to play a nationally televised game within 30 days for all of us who have missed them for so long.
Go Cowboys!
Cousescu died with the word cowboys on his Lips. Or was it Landry ....