I Love The Emotional Roller Coaster

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
You guys can whine about the Pollyanna's and the Debbie Downers all you want. I wouldn't trade the emotions for anything.

As soon as they take my emotions out of the game I will need a new hobby. Thanks, but I don't want one.

To the Pollyanna's...don't you dare tell me you don't cuss when someone makes a stupid penalty. Or when we turn the ball over. Or when we can't tackle someone. You do it. I do it. The Debbie Downers do it in threads. Big damn deal.

To the Debbie Downers...don't you dare tell me that you don't celebrate when we score. Or Sacks at critical times. Or when we move the chains. You do it. I do it. The Pollyanna's do it in threads. Big damn deal.

Up, down, scream, shout, cuss, pump fist, celebrate, and finally discuss. You guys want to discuss only one emotion as if that is the only one that is right? Go right ahead. I like the roller coaster. It's never dull.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm with you.

I hate it when people deal in absolutes - you either love everything or you hate everything.

Well I hate to break it to ya, but I'm in between.

I love that the team won.

I love that it was such an exciting game.

I love that they beat the Eagles and are 2-0.

I hate that there were so many penalties.

I hate that the defense struggled for half the game.

I hate that Wade Phillips tries to downplay the mistakes and areas for improvement.

It is possible to do both.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
stasheroo;2263901 said:
I'm with you.

I hate it when people deal in absolutes - you either love everything or you hate everything.

I hate that Wade Phillips tries to downplay the mistakes and areas for improvement.

Damn right.

My dad in NC called me when Romo threw that bomb. When felix ran back that TD.

I was on the phone jumping around in excitement.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2263901 said:
I'm with you.

Exactly.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
I'm with you guys. I found myself running around the house last night closing doors so not to wake others in the house with my uncontrollable emotions.

(both good and bad)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dueyhemlock;2263955 said:
I'm with you guys. I found myself running around the house last night closing doors so not to wake others in the house with my uncontrollable emotions.

(both good and bad)

I was actually surrounded by Eagles fans!

Granted they were the rare breed of reasonable Eagles fans, but still...

My house had a Super Bowl vibe to it last night and I doubt I'll see that level of excitement for quite a while.

That game was a knock-down, dragout, roller-coaster ride from beginning to end and I can't wait to watch it all again - breathing this time!

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hostile;2263865 said:
You guys can whine about the Pollyanna's and the Debbie Downers all you want. I wouldn't trade the emotions for anything.

As soon as they take my emotions out of the game I will need a new hobby. Thanks, but I don't want one.

To the Pollyanna's...don't you dare tell me you don't cuss when someone makes a stupid penalty. Or when we turn the ball over. Or when we can't tackle someone. You do it. I do it. The Debbie Downers do it in threads. Big damn deal.

To the Debbie Downers...don't you dare tell me that you don't celebrate when we score. Or Sacks at critical times. Or when we move the chains. You do it. I do it. The Pollyanna's do it in threads. Big damn deal.

Up, down, scream, shout, cuss, pump fist, celebrate, and finally discuss. You guys want to discuss only one emotion as if that is the only one that is right? Go right ahead. I like the roller coaster. It's never dull.

LOL while I agree whole heartily on the DD and the Pollys...I personally prefer a boring game where the Cowboys are winning 72-0 in the first qtr. better for the heart if you know what I mean and as I have had one heart attack already and don't particularly need another... a few of those boring games this year would be nice.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Do people really want to tell me that they hated the Buffalo win last year?

Come on. That was a fantastic game. One that isn't at all diminished by the playoff loss.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
stasheroo;2263975 said:
I was actually surrounded by Eagles fans!

Granted they were the rare breed of reasonable Eagles fans, but still...

My house had a Super Bowl vibe to it last night and I doubt I'll see that level of excitement for quite a while.

That game was a knock-down, dragout, roller-coaster ride from beginning to end and I can't wait to watch it all again - breathing this time!

Definitely awesome game, a nail biter. Blowouts are less stressful but this is how I like my football, edge of the seat and down to the wire.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Real1st;2263942 said:
LOL Bob please.

You were saying the defense sucks alot in the GDT :lmao:
you can't take anything I say during the heat of a game as gospel

I'm the biggest prick on Earth when it's Cowboys gametime

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2264031 said:
you can't take anything I say during the heat of a game as gospel

I'm the biggest prick on Earth when it's Cowboys gametime

Understandable

We all get the Holy cowboys ghost every once in a while :D

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Games like that are what make fans like us. Great game, and yea my emotions were everywhere last night.

bigE79

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2263939 said:
I like cussing too much:eek::
After last night, my whole apt bldg knew how much i love to cuss...my wife was pissed but understood:laugh2: GO COWBOYS

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
I love these threads... when we win...

I hate these threads... when we lose...

In fact, if we lost the game, I probably wouldn't have logged in here, until Thursday.

ladiewolve

Reaction score
Hostile;2263989 said:
Do people really want to tell me that they hated the Buffalo win last year?

Come on. That was a fantastic game. One that isn't at all diminished by the playoff loss.

Oh my god , that was one of the most exciting , edge of your seat games ever!! :bow: