I Love This Draft Class

The Realist

Reaction score
I don’t think there are many of us out there, but I absolutely love this draft class. It is probably my favorite class in the internet era. There’s no Hall of Fame pass rusher like Ware in it, but when’s the last time we’ve had a catalytic 2nd level player like Parsons on the Cowboys? The closest thing we’ve had recently is LVE and Jaylon in 2018. He’s better.

If Joseph didn’t have character issues he’s a top 20 pick all day. Clearly better than Newsome and the Georgia CB’s. I’m not saying he’s them, but Osa has Ratliff and Glover traits. Athletic for his size and 3 time state wrestling champion. Gholston is rock solid/versatile DL who hopefully bumps Kansas DE off the roster. Wright was a shocker pick but we’ll see. If he can matchup vs athletic TE’s like Stephen says it will be worth it.

Personally I like the upside of the 4th round picks more than the 3rd rounders. Ball reminds me of Doug Free in more ways than one. Athletic tackle prospect in the 4th round from a smaller school. Ton of upside. Dane says he’s easily top 100 if he had no character issue and maybe a 2nd rounder. Jabril Cox was the steal of the draft.

Fenoko is a big, athletic WR who will be a great special teams add and chance to be #3 WR when Gallup leaves next year. Bohanna as has been said is a trash can full of dirt....you just can’t move him. He’s no fat slob by any stretch and can move for his size. Israel is gonna start off at FS. He may not be the perfect FS prospect in terms of athleticism, but that size and reach can make up for a lot. Love the toughness and versatility of Fanoki. Hoping he sticks and kicks someone like Steele off the roster.

2005 was a great draft, but besides Ware/Ratliff no one was around more than 4-5 years from that class (Spears, Canty, Barber). Hoping with the volume we can have more guys around longer from this class.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Love the toughness and versatility of Fanoki. Hoping he sticks and kicks someone like Steele off the roster.

Steele and Redmond might get bumped.

Tackles: Smith, Collins, Nsekhe, Ball, Knight
Interior: Williams, Biadasz, Martin, McGovern, Farniok

Of course, Dallas might like Steele better than Knight. I don't agree with that at this point, but we'll see.

Reaction score
You might want to change your handle after those comments. Once again, this team reached for players & had a haul of knuckleheads. You'd think they'd learn from Gregory and Taco, but not this crew.
If you beat women, & show little remorse, you should be off our board. If you can't get along with your coaches/teammates, same thing. Not only that, but if you are built like a matchstick, why in God's name would someone take you in the third round to play against massive human beings?! This FO has always thought that it was smarter than the fools that run other teams.
Maybe that's why they haven't sniffed the SB in over a quarter century.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I think of the youth and energy this draft class brings to bear. It may be a throw mud at a wall and see what sticks kinda draft class. Time will tell if the powers that be knows something more than our draft nicks here. I sure hope that they do.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
The Cowboys got several players with the potential of sticking. They reached a few times, but you never know if those guys are gonna be around later. So, I give them the benefit of the doubt.

One thing we as fans fail to do is to look at the success rate of other teams’ drafts. All in all, they seemed to be on a mission and I think they’re happy. I am too, it’s growing on me every day.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You might want to change your handle after those comments. Once again, this team reached for players & had a haul of knuckleheads. You'd think they'd learn from Gregory and Taco, but not this crew.
If you beat women, & show little remorse, you should be off our board. If you can't get along with your coaches/teammates, same thing. Not only that, but if you are built like a matchstick, why in God's name would someone take you in the third round to play against massive human beings?! This FO has always thought that it was smarter than the fools that run other teams.
Maybe that's why they haven't sniffed the SB in over a quarter century.
You're basing your hater opinion on a blurb on the internet. You didn't sit down and talk to these players, their coaches or their teammates. This team has been too soft for years and it's about time we got some dogs with an edge. I predict you'll be eating your words.