I Love This Team & Am Encouraged!!

Reaction score
These close losses where we dominate a team in yards & time of possesion are killing me! It usually takes me a few days before I can step back & analyse the team with any objectivity, and where the Cowboys are in the grand scheme of things. Let me tell you, I am encouraged!....after a couple of days to mourn that is...haha.

Seriously, would the 2004 Cowboys have stood toe to toe with a very good Denver team like this one did? Would any from the past 5 years? I think not. It's called progress. Come on, folks. We were not a very good team last year or the last 5 for that matter. We have one great draft, bring in a hand full of veteran free agents, and we expect the team to miraculously turn into the 1992 Dallas Cowboys?! I don't think so.

But I'm encouraged! Last year, we had several good players go on IR & the season & the team went down the drain. This year, we have several good players either on IR or injured for multiple games, and we can still take it to any team in the league. Now, that's progress.

We have a very good chance of getting as much talent in next years' draft as we did this year for several reasons.
Next year's draft has as much or more talent than any in the last decade.

So, don't get down, Cowboys fans.....stay encouraged! All the little things that are tripping us up will suddenly start going against our opponents. The players that aren't quite making the super play this year will show up big next year. It's coming. The Super Bowl is closer than some of you think!

Silverstar

Reaction score
The Cowboys are definitely out of the woods of mediocrity and are starting to climb victory mountain.

Guess what's at the top?

:lombardi:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Bu-Bu-But... Petitti SUCKS! Yeah that's it. He sucks. :rolleyes:

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Yep, I agree Cogan. Totally pumped. The futures going to be so bright......Right now isn't so bad. We got it figured out and the skins still have no clue. The eagirls are in decline and are just another team now. The jints are resurregent and we will see if they are a contender or a pretender. Could be either.

In all, a great time to be a cowboys fan.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
This year is awesome to watch. Alot of heartbreaking moments, but this is the most fun I've had watching the team in years.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
This year is awesome to watch. Alot of heartbreaking moments, but this is the most fun I've had watching the team in years.

you ripped the words right out of ol lane's mouth.

DefendeR

Benched
Reaction score
I wasn't happy they lost,but I think they played hard and made some plays.
Too bad they didn't make ONE more play on Thursday,but I'm encouraged by what I saw.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Great post, Cogan!

It's not hard to stay enthusiastic about this team, especially the defense..I can easily see next season it taking the kind of leap the Bears D this year.

rags747

Reaction score
Our big problem though is going to be our running game. Caught the 92 NFC Championship game today on ESPNC and we were able to inflict our will on our opponents. Todays defense is close to dominant which will keep us in games but our rushing attack will eventually let us down.

If our run game was dominant we would be wearing opposing defenses down and Bledsoe would be able to use play action. Today no one is afraid of our passing game or running game. I can only hope we start to run it better. :)