I might want a Seagull guitar

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Gotta say, hate the Seagull headstock. Almost as much as I hate the Fender Tele headstock. Someone clearly doesn't know what the Golden Ratio is or basically have any natural aesthetic vision.

I love Ibanez electrics, but I don't know much about their acoustics and well. I've never heard rave reviews of them either. That isn't to say they aren't good, just that the winds of song don't sing their song that I know of.

The Takamine is a nice guitar. This video looks good.

I buy most of my stuff from Sweetwater online. (I used to never do this, but Sweetwater changed my mind)

Anyway, this one at Sweetwater isn't sunburst, but it's basically the same guitar. If you plan on buying a guitar, reach out to Sweetwater and *deal* with them. I NEVER pay retail with them. When I bought my Taylor 414ce-R, it retailed at $2,199. I asked my rep what he could do for me. He came back at $1,915. I told him make it $1,850 and I would take it right then. He did and it's mine! That's about a 15% discount. :)

if I had to take any of that bunch, I take the Taylor of course, but if your budget isn't there. Ask Sweetwater what they can do. (15% off $899 is $764 or about $135 off!) If they STILL can't get into your budget. See what they can do on the Takemine! (15% off is $466)

Good luck!

EDIT: btw, that isn't saying you can always get 15%, but that's what I would shoot for! I told my buddy this and now he bought a Fender Strat HSS and he also bought a Taylor 414ce-R similar to mine and got good deals. He is sold on Sweetwater now too. (btw, you get the pick the EXACT guitar when you buy online. (they show you pictures of each guitar)

You can also message me and I will give you my guy at Sweetwater's contact.

I actually kind of like the Seagull's headstock. To me it seems simple and fits. However, I'm leaning slightly toward the Takamine. Its tone is just a little better. I'm not sure why either, but I kind of like their goofy split bridges. They're a super respected brand. Thanks for the info. I've never really owned a very good acoustic. I've always had nice electrics and clunker acoustics. It's about time I got something nice.

jsb357

Reaction score
Rust is not harsh enough to describe what it felt like to play. I remember all the chords and a few riffs but putting them together was a total disaster!
I resemble that remark!!!