I need a new point and shoot camera

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I have always used a canon sureshot or power shot camera with a blue sdxc card 64 gb for my appraisal pictures. I take up to 100 pics a day and sometimes more. I take the card out and put it in a reader before I transfer to my PC. I dont usually download them on the PC, but pull them up and tranfer them from the card onto my reports as I need them. Last month I had a corrupted disk and ended up losing pics for 9 houses. Ouch... I had to back tract to all of them that cost me two days work. I got a new disk and though I was good. I had the card in the reader last night when my computer did an automatic update. I dont know if that was what caused it but the entire SD disk was corrupted and I lost pics to four houses. I am done with that now. I need a point and shoot camera that is great for downloading automatically to the cloud. My phone camera (Galaxy G9+) does that but I have some issues with that as well. Sometimes it shows a pic was taken but when I get back to office the pic is not there. So the point and shoot with cloud download seems to be my only choice. Anyone have any history with one of these? The decent ones appear to be around $400. Not sure if that is a ripoff or if there is another alternative. Any one have any ideas to what options I have. Is an SD card required for cameras downloading to the cloud? I am not happy with those things either. Longing for the days of having a hundred kodak or fuji film boxes in my back seat. Of course my developing bill during that time was over 1000 a month. Retaking pics the last couple of times has probably cost me that much or more tho. Help!

Pape

Reaction score
sometimes simpler is better. Not sure why you are having those tech issues though. I have had cards go bad, but that is rare. Think one sdhc card since we went completely digital,( not counting the sony mavica, floppy disk style digital camera.that was the worst)

Now i use the sony cybershot. not the greatest camera, but it gets the job done.Its small, cheap, 16 gb shdc card will hold over 4 thousand pics on the lowest setting. I take about 40-60 pics per house, so am in the same ballpark as you. But it does not have the fancy tech to upload directly to the web/cloud.

I just open up the dcim file, drop and drag directly into alamode/report file. if i have an extensive amount of pics, for a very large home, i create a new file and drop and drag all my pics there and leave it for at least a month before deleting it.

Otherwise, just use your phone and upload them directly to the cloud as you inspect properties/take photos.I get you have issues with that, but they are designed to do that sort of thing. tbh though, i hate using my phone for work like that, hence the camera.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
sometimes simpler is better. Not sure why you are having those tech issues though. I have had cards go bad, but that is rare. Think one sdhc card since we went completely digital,( not counting the sony mavica, floppy disk style digital camera.that was the worst)

Now i use the sony cybershot. not the greatest camera, but it gets the job done.Its small, cheap, 16 gb shdc card will hold over 4 thousand pics on the lowest setting. I take about 40-60 pics per house, so am in the same ballpark as you. But it does not have the fancy tech to upload directly to the web/cloud.

I just open up the dcim file, drop and drag directly into alamode/report file. if i have an extensive amount of pics, for a very large home, i create a new file and drop and drag all my pics there and leave it for at least a month before deleting it.

Otherwise, just use your phone and upload them directly to the cloud as you inspect properties/take photos.I get you have issues with that, but they are designed to do that sort of thing. tbh though, i hate using my phone for work like that, hence the camera.

Thanks pape. My problem has been keeping them on the card until I need them. I think if I download them onto my pc daily it will solve the problem. It requires me to be more disciplined. Not my strongest attribute.