I need some advice from fans who attend home games

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Thank you for clicking in this thread. :)

Please give me some info on the "General Admission" area, where you stand and watch the game from inside the stadium. I guess that's what you call it. I can't find the answer on their main website.

I'm going to the game for the first time since the Cowboys versus Lion to close out the 2006 season. I had to have a 2nd surgery on my Achilles a few weeks so I'll be on my little knee bike. Some questions...

Do they even allow bikes like that in the General Admission area?
If we get there early and get close to the railing to get a good view of the game, do you have to stay there until the game ends? Like, if we leave to go to the restroom some other fans can just jump in your spot?
If we don't get close to the railing can you still see the field from the middle of the back?
How much is the parking?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. More advice is welcomed too.

GO COWBOYS!!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Thank you for clicking in this thread. :)

Please give me some info on the "General Admission" area, where you stand and watch the game from inside the stadium. I guess that's what you call it. I can't find the answer on their main website.

I'm going to the game for the first time since the Cowboys versus Lion to close out the 2006 season. I had to have a 2nd surgery on my Achilles a few weeks so I'll be on my little knee bike. Some questions...

Do they even allow bikes like that in the General Admission area?
If we get there early and get close to the railing to get a good view of the game, do you have to stay there until the game ends? Like, if we leave to go to the restroom some other fans can just jump in your spot?
If we don't get close to the railing can you still see the field from the middle of the back?
How much is the parking?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. More advice is welcomed too.

GO COWBOYS!!
I don't believe there is a handicap section for SRO attendees, so you will be a little stressed caring for a torn achilles while praying some knucklehead doesn't stumble onto your bad foot. You should be permitted to have a mobility aide considering ADA laws. May be best to call and find out.The general admission area is pretty much the entire stadium outside the club areas where there are no seats.

You would have to get there really early to find a spot at the endzone rails. I don't think you would want to be on a staircase rail. If you did score a good spot, it would be tough to have any more than one member of your group go to the bathroom or concessions at a time. The further from the rail you are, the less field you will see considering how far below grade the field is situated.

You may want to look at seat geek or some other reseller on game day for tickets. You can probably find something in the 400s for less than a C note. I would rather sit atop the stadium than stand all game in the end zone.

Good luck!

Last edited:

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I don't believe there is a handicap section for SRO attendees, so you will be a little stressed caring for a torn achilles while praying some knucklehead doesn't stumble onto your bad foot. You should be permitted to have a mobility aide considering ADA laws. May be best to call and find out.The general admission area is pretty much the entire stadium outside the club areas where there are no seats.

You would have to get there really early to find a spot at the endzone rails. I don't think you would want to be on a staircase rail. If you did score a good spot, it would be tough to have any more than one member of your group go to the bathroom or concessions at a time. The further from the rail you are, the less field you will see considering how far below grade the field is situated.

You may want to look at seat geek or some other reseller on game day for tickets. You can probably find something in the 400s for less than a C note. I would rather sit atop the stadium than stand all game in the end zone.

Good luck!

THanks for the info. I've thought about strolling around with thousands of drunk people walking around me, or knocking me around because they don't see my scooter. That's my biggest concern. That and being on my knee for hours, which could cause strain on my back. I don't want to back out because my brother in-law who I'm very close with, he bought me a ticket as a birthday gift. I won't be drinking anything so hopefully I won't need to use the bathroom during the game because if it's packed, which I think it will be, it will hard trying to maneuver around the people trying to watch the game.

I appreciate the info and advice. :thumbup:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
THanks for the info. I've thought about strolling around with thousands of drunk people walking around me, or knocking me around because they don't see my scooter. That's my biggest concern. That and being on my knee for hours, which could cause strain on my back. I don't want to back out because my brother in-law who I'm very close with, he bought me a ticket as a birthday gift. I won't be drinking anything so hopefully I won't need to use the bathroom during the game because if it's packed, which I think it will be, it will hard trying to maneuver around the people trying to watch the game.

You can always hang outside the end zones. They have TV screens out there and probably run the game on them. It will be 90 degrees that day so I don't know if they will have the end zone doors open in that heat. You will still have a good time.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

If you have a wheelchair, this is worth a shot.

Wheelchair and Companion Seating

AT&T Stadium provides wheelchair and companion seating with enhanced sightlines on all levels. Be advised that AT&T Stadium personnel reserve the right to take appropriate legal action against individuals who fraudulently obtain wheelchair and companion seats. For game day assistance and seating relocations, contact an event staff member or visit the nearest Guest Services Center located on the concourse behind sections 219, 244, 420 and 451

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I have done the SRO "seating" a couple of times and I would definitely advise against it if one is not 100% healthy. Not only is it a pain to stand all game long but there is literally a footrace to find a good spot to watch the game from when they open the doors. Fortunately for me I still have a good bit of speed left in the old wheels so I got a good spot.. but there were plenty of people who end up standing behind a group along the walls and essentially watching the game on the jumbotron. So not only do you have to stand the whole game but you have to watch it on TV anyway.. That's a bad beat if I ever saw one..

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I have done the SRO "seating" a couple of times and I would definitely advise against it if one is not 100% healthy. Not only is it a pain to stand all game long but there is literally a footrace to find a good spot to watch the game from when they open the doors. Fortunately for me I still have a good bit of speed left in the old wheels so I got a good spot.. but there were plenty of people who end up standing behind a group along the walls and essentially watching the game on the jumbotron. So not only do you have to stand the whole game but you have to watch it on TV anyway.. That's a bad beat if I ever saw one..

I've been reading a lot about the SRO situation since I posted this. Not too sure now. I found an article where it said they sold 33,000 SRO tickets for the first ever home game at AT&T stadium. They got a lot heat from fans because of it. I read another article saying that they sell only 8,000 now. Hopefully that's true. I'm sure I'll end up going because I promised I would, but I'm sure I'll regret it if we don't get a good spot. I'm sure this will be our view. Lol

1512422769_8158862.jpg

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot about the SRO situation since I posted this. Not too sure now. I found an article where it said they sold 33,000 SRO tickets for the first ever home game at AT&T stadium. They got a lot heat from fans because of it. I read another article saying that they sell only 8,000 now. Hopefully that's true. I'm sure I'll end up going because I promised I would, but I'm sure I'll regret it if we don't get a good spot. I'm sure this will be our view. Lol

1512422769_8158862.jpg

What I would advise is that you go with someone who has some wheels that can dash to the rail ahead of you and save you a spot. Then you can take your time and gimp your way to join them.. Make sure you charge up your cell phones so yall can sync up. The funny thing was one time I went with my sister and her hubby and I found a PRIMO spot on the mezzanine level.. But we got our wires crossed so they ended up one level above where I was with kind of an obscured view.. They didn't wanna move so I had to go join them.. I was mad because there was one corner of the end zone I couldn't see. .. I should have stayed in my spot... LOL!

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
What I would advise is that you go with someone who has some wheels that can dash to the rail ahead of you and save you a spot. Then you can take your time and gimp your way to join them.. Make sure you charge up your cell phones so yall can sync up. The funny thing was one time I went with my sister and her hubby and I found a PRIMO spot on the mezzanine level.. But we got our wires crossed so they ended up one level above where I was with kind of an obscured view.. They didn't wanna move so I had to go join them.. I was mad because there was one corner of the end zone I couldn't see. .. I should have stayed in my spot... LOL!

Hey I can move on that bike. Lol I'm sure since we're 3-1 and our hopes are high, plus a divisional game, it's going to be packed. I'm hoping and praying for the best but expecting the worst. Especially since we don't know what we're doing. Since this is my first game since 2006, I'll be happy with just sitting on my bike watching the game from a TV by concession stand or something. I was in awe of Texas Stadium so I can't imagine how I'll be at this one.

Thank you for all your advice. GO COWBOYS!!