I Quit

k19

Reaction score
Not that anyone really cares but I just thought I would bring this to the attention of "certain" people who said I'll believe it when I see it :D

graph.php

I have no idea why this doesnt post as an image :banghead:

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
k19 said:
Not that anyone really cares but I just thought I would bring this to the attention of "certain" people who said I'll believe it when I see it :D

graph.php

Congrats! I'm VERY proud of you

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Congrats.....now I wish lunch would hurry up so I could have a smoke. :D

k19

Reaction score
Thanks alots.

I actually quit cold turkey during the first day of the draft. I ran out of smokes 2 hours in and didnt want to leave to go get anymore so I said said screw it

Suprised I havent started back up seeing as how the other 2 people in my office smoke and we are constantly outside talking about this plane or that plane.

Oh well back to my lunchtime salad :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Congrats. My mom didn't quit until the docs told her to and that was after being put in the hospital for chest pains. She went cold turkey.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
k19 said:
Thanks alots.

I actually quit cold turkey during the first day of the draft. I ran out of smokes 2 hours in and didnt want to leave to go get anymore so I said said screw it

Suprised I havent started back up seeing as how the other 2 people in my office smoke and we are constantly outside talking about this plane or that plane.

Oh well back to my lunchtime salad :D

Good Job... I went Cold Turkey almost 5 years ago and I will say seeing people smoke on TV really starts the cravings back more so now than during the first year or two which I don't really understand heck just typing about it is making me want one.

BTW what kinda planes? What do you do?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
k19 said:

graph.php

Great job. It takes a lot to give something like that up. Very cool.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
How can I be the man, when you're already the man?!

That is one of the best decisions you'll ever make - book it. :)

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
k19 said:

graph.php

Just make it another two weeks and you should be okay. After that, if you start smoking again, it's all on you. The addiction stays for the rest of your life (I'm still surprised at some of the random moments when I have a craving) but after a month, you lose most of the worst dependency cravings.

If I could make some suggestions to help you out:

-- Partcipate in aerobic exercise daily. The more pain you feel in those lungs, the more you realize what you did to youself from all those years of smoking.
-- Tell as many people as possible you're going to quit this time. It's all the more peer pressure to quit because you don't want to face these same people when you smoke again.
-- Stay away from alcohol. Too much of that on any given night weakens your resolve and there's usually several smokers at any joint that sells alcohol.
-- Drink more caffeine or another stimulant to replace the initial energy loss you'll get when you quit smoking to help you along.
-- Stay away from your smoking friends for a while until you feel more confident that you have control over the addiction.
-- This is usually an unrealistic situation for most people, but if you ever considered moving to a new household, now is the time to do it. Moving into a new clean smoke-free residence motivates you even more and helps you lose the old habits.
-- I found thinking of other diseases that run in my family helped motivated me more than the ol' lung cancer warnings. I think more people would be more scared if they thought about the other health risks like heart disease -- everyone knows someone who had a stroke, heart attack or aneurysm. Those are quick unexpected horrible ways to die, especially if it's a stroke and you spend the rest of your life as a vegetable. Or even think about the much higher odds of emphysema, because nothing sucks more than carrying around an oxygen tank the rest of your life. Or even think about throat cancer, because I think most people cringe when they see folks with those voice boxes. In other words, find the disease that most shocks you, and go with it! :D

I quit smoking about a year ago after several unsuccessful attempts. I'm pretty sure this is the last time for me. I'm getting to the age now where this stuff catches up to me, so when I can, I'm trying to live a healthy lifestyle, if only to have as easy a life as possible in my older years. We live longer these days but I'm not sure our lifestyle has improved in the older years.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I quit smoking Jan 1, 2003. I quit cold turkey after several failed attempts using gums, patches, and trying to slowly ween off of 'em. Tru is absolutely correct about it easing some after another couple of weeks. Everything Tru said should be strictly followed.

Definitely stay away from bars for another month or two. I still want a smoke when I go to the bars. The smell of smoke and drinking just make you jones for a cig.

Most importantly, exercise often. I didn't and I gained 30 pounds in about 3-4 months. It has taken me a long time to lose most of that weight.

Good Luck, hope you succeed.

k19

Reaction score
Thanks for all the postive thoughts and advice everyone.

For some reason when I quit smokin I actually lose weight for some reason. Last time I quit I lost 10 lbs or so. I am back to trying to eat healthy, mostly fruits and such for breakfast, salads or a soup at lunch and things like that.

I'm definitely feeling the lower energy right now. I had hella energy the first week or so after i quit but its kinda died down the last week or 2. I don't drink much for sodas anymore but I have picked it up more in the last week or 2. I still have my morning coffee but other than that its water all day

Its hard to stay away from smoker here. I am the military's version of the maytag repairman and both the guys are work with are heavy smokers. I havent really wanted to join them in a smoke when I go out to talk so thats a good thing.

I don't do bars so theres no problem there. I havent done that in 5 years or so. Not going to be a problem.

I was never the addicted smoker type. I mostly smoked out of boredom but am finding other things to do when I get bored, which is mostly here at work.

I never smoked in the house or around the kids so thats pretty well a non issue too. Like I said it was mostly in the car out of boredom or stressed working on cars at home.

Anywho so far so good and hopefully gone for good this time

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Tru...that's some good advice.

Maybe would should sticky this thread. That way when ole K19 has an urge to smoke, we can help a brotha out and give him the reasons why it's not good for him.

Just a thought for the next week or two.

Hoov

Reaction score
True Blue, those are great points, i quit 12 years ago and i have to agree with every thing you said.

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
k19 said:

congrats.

to get stuff to appear as an image you can save the image, and go to http://www.imageshack.ws, then hit browse and upload the picture for free, and then you can copy the pic from there and you can paste it when you post and it will appear. Like this:

caifwpif2go.png

congrats again on the great achievement:)