I said I would not want Rapp at 58

Sydla

Reaction score
But if the choice is Rapp or Hill, I’ll take Rapp every waking second.

I just hope this doesn’t turn into a situation where they think they need a DT at 58 like they thought they needed to take Taco two years ago because they needed a DE.

Ferguson, Polite make more sense at 58 even as DEs than Hill. Total project with some really glaring red flags.

Jerry, tell Rod to shut his tapper and go sit in the corner.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
@Sydia I'm pretty sure you're the one who's been freaking out about the 4.7 time for the past few weeks.

Read below:

"I was more surprised, confused than anything, because I don’t think I’ve run a 4.7 since I was in high school,” he said.

“I’m never one to make an excuse, but I’ll just say turn on the tape and the tape speaks for itself. I play fast, I’m never out of position.”

Rapp said that during the training he has done in the past three months at the EXOS Athletes’ Performance Institute in Phoenix – including preparation for the NFL Scouting Combine – he was “tracking 4.5, slowest 4.6, even on a laser time, not even hand time like at the pro day.”

“Anybody can go talk to the trainers out there, and they’ll tell you the same thing,” Rapp said. And then even after the combine, pre-pro day, I was tracking 4.5, the slowest was low 4.6s. I don’t know. It is what it is, I ran what I ran. There’s nothing I can do about it now.

“I’m never one to make an excuse, but I’ll just say turn on the tape and the tape speaks for itself. I play fast, I’m never out of position. I’m always making tackles, never missing a tackle, never getting beat, never out of position. So I would just say look at the tape … I think that’s all that matters.”

I believe him. He looks more like a high 4.5's, low 4.6's guy on tape.

If the 40 time is the only thing preventing you from liking him, that should make you feel a heckuva lot better.

Sydla

Reaction score
@Sydia I'm pretty sure you're the one who's been freaking out about the 4.7 time for the past few weeks.

Read below:

"I was more surprised, confused than anything, because I don’t think I’ve run a 4.7 since I was in high school,” he said.

“I’m never one to make an excuse, but I’ll just say turn on the tape and the tape speaks for itself. I play fast, I’m never out of position.”

Rapp said that during the training he has done in the past three months at the EXOS Athletes’ Performance Institute in Phoenix – including preparation for the NFL Scouting Combine – he was “tracking 4.5, slowest 4.6, even on a laser time, not even hand time like at the pro day.”

“Anybody can go talk to the trainers out there, and they’ll tell you the same thing,” Rapp said. And then even after the combine, pre-pro day, I was tracking 4.5, the slowest was low 4.6s. I don’t know. It is what it is, I ran what I ran. There’s nothing I can do about it now.

“I’m never one to make an excuse, but I’ll just say turn on the tape and the tape speaks for itself. I play fast, I’m never out of position. I’m always making tackles, never missing a tackle, never getting beat, never out of position. So I would just say look at the tape … I think that’s all that matters.”

I believe him. He looks more like a high 4.5's, low 4.6's guy on tape.

If the 40 time is the only thing preventing you from liking him, that should make you feel a heckuva lot better.

I still don’t like him. I don’t think he provides the flexibility we might be looking for. He’s not as good as Thornhill for example IMO.

But I like him a lot more than Hill at 58.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
give me juan thornhill. We need to get heath off the field. I don't see why we continue to put him out there. How many times do we have to see him out of place and miss tackles. He is who he is. He isn't going to get better.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
give me juan thornhill. We need to get heath off the field. I don't see why we continue to put him out there. How many times do we have to see him out of place and miss tackles. He is who he is. He isn't going to get better.
Thornhill isn't a great tackler either.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Even 4.5s for Rapp wouldn't be great.

As far as "best of the worst", out of the 3 prospects this year I hate I'd want Rapp, Hill, and Ferguson in that order.