I said it last year... Lets get Javon Walker

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Forget all of this stuff about Terrell Owens. Let's simply trade for Javon Walker. Either a 2nd or a 3rd round draft pick. I don't know what Green Bay would trade him for, but he would be the perfect guy for us.

We could still get a linebacker in the first round, and he is definitely better than any receiver we'd get in this years draft.

And I know how we all like to talk about where players were born. He is from Texas.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Last I heard Walker was looking to be traded or released. Great post.

Green Bay has no interest in trading him. But if they waiver it will likely be for a first.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Just like they had no interest in traded Mike McKenzie, but that still traded him.

Jay

Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2361969

"I love the game," Walker said. "But I'm not going to risk what I went through this year, tearing an ACL and taking pain pills. If I'm going to go out and take hits, it's going to be for a team that I love playing for."

"I just don't feel like this is the best place for me to be right now," said Walker, 27, preparing to enter his sixth pro season. "I really have no interest in being in a Green Bay Packers uniform or playing for Green Bay again."

Galian Beast

Reaction score
This is our chance to get a future franchise receiver. Chances like these don't come very often. The guy is still really young (he has very little wear and tear), and if we could combine him with Henson, Jones, Witten, and a nice young offensive line... We'd be set for a while.

To ignore this is beyond foolish. It really is.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
This is our chance to get a future franchise receiver. Chances like these don't come very often. The guy is still really young (he has very little wear and tear), and if we could combine him with Henson, Jones, Witten, and a nice young offensive line... We'd be set for a while.

To ignore this is beyond foolish. It really is.

absolutely right... he's an impact WR with much tread on the tires.

forget that TO's a headcase for a second... he's on the down-side of his prime at minimum. fire a bankwad at him and cross your fingers ya get 3 years as a major contributor.

j. walker has upside deluxe. not the least of which is his age. he could make a career in the silver and blue.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
What i don't get is u guys would take Walker who torn his knee up last season but would not take Culpepper who threw for 40 TDs a year ago, lol that funny

Papichulo

Reaction score
Q_the_man said:
What i don't get is u guys would take Walker who torn his knee up last season but would not take Culpepper who threw for 40 TDs a year ago, lol that funny

how can you not understand...

we have a quarterback and replacements being groomed(besides money would be a *****). its not an immediate need.

we dont however, have a young budding reciever like javon walker who can get our offense over the hump.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Though Jones said he would be pursuing a WR in FA, this could very well be something we do. I would rather have Walker here than Owens. We'll see.

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
Forget all of this stuff about Terrell Owens. Let's simply trade for Javon Walker. Either a 2nd or a 3rd round draft pick. I don't know what Green Bay would trade him for, but he would be the perfect guy for us.

We could still get a linebacker in the first round, and he is definitely better than any receiver we'd get in this years draft.

And I know how we all like to talk about where players were born. He is from Texas.
How about............ no.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
In 2004, I ended up watching a handful of Packers games, and I have to tell you Javon Walker is the best wide receiver after the catch in the NFL imo. He has a great feel for where his defender is when he catches the ball and how to juke him or break the tackle. I'd like to see some stats on his YAC if anyone has them. Him as a Cowboy would be great, but I don't know how we'd get him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:

If I were at all inclined to trade for a WR who has been mentioned in trade rumors, I'd prefer Anquan Boldin.

Lots of young WRs out there I'd love to get.

Roy Williams
Andre Johnson
Chad Johnson