I saw Bum Phillips

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
Phillips today.

I work/deliver for FedEx ground. My route is an in-town(Victoria,TX) route. I was delivering to a building and when the door to the elevator I got in was closing, I looked to the front door and there he was coming in the front door. Not sure how old he is, but he looks good for his age.

I was trying to hurry with my delivery, and hoping he was going to the bank just inside the main entrance he came in from, so I can try to meet him and shake his hand. From what I had seen of him in the old NFL Films, he seems like a good person.

Anyways, when I got back to the 1st floor there was no Bum Phillips to be found. But there was this PT Cruiser type of vehicle(maybe a Chevy HHR) outside that had a sticker on the door that had a football "wearing" a cowboy hat with a replica of his autograph underneath.

I was never a real big fan of the chokers, I mean oilers, and I know this isn't 'Boys related, but I thought I'd share this with you. And yes he still wears the hat.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I always thought Bum was a class act and great FB coach.

BadKarma

Reaction score
For a second there, I thought you said you saw a bum...(i.e., Barry Switzer or Dave Campo). j/k :D

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
BadKarma said:
For a second there, I thought you said you saw a bum...(i.e., Barry Switzer or Dave Campo). j/k :D

For a second I thought he meant Jimmy Johnson and his 3 Superbowls.

DeepBleu

Reaction score
i thought this was gonna be some creepy spotting the dead guy thread, 'cause the first cowboys related bum that came to my mind was h.r. "bum" bright, the former cowboys owner, who is already dead.