I say again, Martellus Bennett has mega talent...(Bennett on Irvin show comments)

aikemirv

Reaction score
He is very talented, but even T.O. was saying last night that they have to keep on him every day in practice. Like someone else said it is going to be up to him as to how good he can become.

Did he sign a 4 or 5 year rookie deal?

When he scored that touchdown. I said "Martellus, your my hero". My son just laughed at me.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
well I know he was blocking really well last night and for any tight end to be worth his salt he has to block first.

Then throw in his terrific TD and he looks like a guy with nothing but positives in the future.

Now they just have to keep him from getting a big head.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I loved his quote after the game when asked about the TD catch..."Martellus see ball. Martellus catch ball". :D

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Bennett is a playmaker and has easily replaced Fasano here. He's already made as many plays this year as Anthony made in his entire time in Dallas.

But all the Jerry haters I'm sure still beleive that BP fleeced him and showed how stupid Jerry is. *rolls eyes*

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
superpunk;2425357 said:
But can we keep him once he realizes that potential?

Witten is here for life. If Bennett is what you think he is, we'll be watching him tear up the league in Seattle in a few years.

i think we can..... I think he should be moved to the slot :D

Ren

Reaction score
Bennett just said Choice was one of the most vocal guys in getting the team pumped up last night

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Says that Tony told him, "You don't look ready to go." He replied, "I'm ready" and they called his number and he was ready.

Says Kosier was a big key to get back. Apparently guys had no faith in Procter (understandable).

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;2425729 said:
Says that Tony told him, "You don't look ready to go." He replied, "I'm ready" and they called his number and he was ready.

Says Kosier was a big key to get back. Apparently guys had no faith in Procter (understandable).

It sounds like Tony had some sort of deeply religious experience during his injury wherein he discovered that this is his team. The snippets we're getting today certainly sound like a different Tony. At the very least, we weren't hearing this before, although that doesn't mean it wasn't happening.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2425371 said:
I think that depends on 2 factors.

1. Can the OL keep up what they did last night?

2. Will Tony's hand continue to improve? It is really clear to me that he is nowhere near 100% yet.

The OL is definitely a vital key from here on out.

With Tony, if we can take care of business these next two games then I'd hope his hand will be healed enough by December to make a strong showing the final month.

QT

Reaction score
He's still kinda weird with the super power talking. Every interview with different people, they ask Martellius about his super powers. Give him a few more years to mature....

Temo

Reaction score
QuanTran;2425775 said:
He's still kinda weird with the super power talking. Every interview with different people, they ask Martellius about his super powers. Give him a few more years to mature....

Heh, I bet he and Roy Williams get along (he's the one who nicknamed Calvin Johnson Megatron).

Also, the thing I really like about this kid is his blocking. It's not even something that it looks like he works on, he just knows how to do it.