I see why LA and Flo are upbeat!

50cent

Reaction score
After watching the Hotstepper video for the 100th time, I finally decided to watch it from another prospective. I watch LA and Flo the entire time like 3 straight times. Its unbelievable to see how they just maul people in their blocking area. Pay attention to how far down field they are on several plays. The fact that JJ can actually make a lineman look good for a missed blocking assignment actually gives LA and FLo confidence.

They now know that they are going to actually get a chance to enforce their will on the opponents for a change, especially at the end of games. This is a linemans dream to be able to just pound on the DL to no stop. With the Rbs we have in the stable, I'd have a hard on too, when you know also that BP actually wants to run the ball down teams throats!

GO BACK AND LOOK AT THE HOTSTEPPER VIDEO and just marvel at those two.

Mitcha68

Reaction score
Yeah, I did the same thing last month. IMO, it looks like our line is coming together, not perfect but getting there. I'm excited for our running game this year.

Julius, Marion, A-Train, Oh my! :p:

1fisher

Reaction score
Mitcha68 said:
Yeah, I did the same thing last month. IMO, it looks like our line is coming together, not perfect but getting there. I'm excited for our running game this year.

Julius, Marion, A-Train, Oh my! :p:

I love smash mouth football!!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I noticed in that break out game for Julius (the seattle game) was not only the run blocking being better but it had been a LONG time since I seen Larry Allen so animated and excited.

Watch Larry going into the endzone and celebrating with Julius...it was like a rebirth of sorts for Larry IMO.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Funny that you say this because CW was that Flo had a bad year last year. I didn't think he had that bad a year at all.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Julius is exciting.

I was talking with a co-worker the other day who is a big Barber fan. He offered up his opinion that he "wouldn't be surprised if Barber pushes Jones for carries and that a RB controversey emerges." I asked if he meant that he thought Jones was going to fizzle and reduce the gap. My friend said that, no, he thought Barber was that good (after watching all of his games in college) that there is no gap between top-of-his-game Jones and top-of-his-game Barber.

I, of course, thought he was smoking crack. I still do. MB3 can't be that good. Right? Right???

Ok. So I decided to let my mind wander into dreamland. What if....

What if Barber is as good as Jones?

My god.....

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
cobra said:
Julius is exciting.

I was talking with a co-worker the other day who is a big Barber fan. He offered up his opinion that he "wouldn't be surprised if Barber pushes Jones for carries and that a RB controversey emerges." I asked if he meant that he thought Jones was going to fizzle and reduce the gap. My friend said that, no, he thought Barber was that good (after watching all of his games in college) that there is no gap between top-of-his-game Jones and top-of-his-game Barber.

I, of course, thought he was smoking crack. I still do. MB3 can't be that good. Right? Right???

Ok. So I decided to let my mind wander into dreamland. What if....

My god.....

You remember Hershel and Tony in the same backfield...Damn, who do you key on ?

Lord Sun

Reaction score
cobra said:
My friend said that... he thought Barber was that good (after watching all of his games in college) that there is no gap between top-of-his-game Jones and top-of-his-game Barber...

Well, here comes further payoff on the Buffalo tradfe, then, because we'll simply trade one of them (prob MB3, tho if he really IS that good, and has a smaller contract...) off to Detroit for one of the Lions' surplus wide receivers, or for a first dound draft pick that allows us to pick up a wideout.

(Let me qualify this by saying I don't think MB3 will be all that good. but it's nice to dream.

50cent

Reaction score
Lord Sun said:
Well, here comes further payoff on the Buffalo tradfe, then, because we'll simply trade one of them (prob MB3, tho if he really IS that good, and has a smaller contract...) off to Detroit for one of the Lions' surplus wide receivers, or for a first dound draft pick that allows us to pick up a wideout.

(Let me qualify this by saying I don't think MB3 will be all that good. but it's nice to dream.
Why would he trade one to Detroit. They seem to be quite happy with Kevin Jones, who was a Pro-Bowl alternate!

50cent

Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
hi where is the link to the hostepper video so i can see it,
Try the thread by JDSmith - Videos not by Calico!

Lord Sun

Reaction score
50cent said:
Why would he trade one to Detroit. They seem to be quite happy with Kevin Jones, who was a Pro-Bowl alternate!

Fine, fitty, we'll get one elsewhere. Sorry, I don't follow other teams as closely as I used to.

50cent

Reaction score
Lord Sun said:
Fine, fitty, we'll get one elsewhere. Sorry, I don't follow other teams as closely as I used to.
No disrespect, just trying to make a point, thats all!

Manster68

Reaction score
Even during the 5-11 years, I saw many plays where the Cowboy offensive line broke holes open, only to see Eddie George, Troy Hambrick, and even Emmitt in the twilight of his career, take a year and a half to run through it.

Something tells me that that problem will not happen with Julius.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Just look at the first half of the season and the second half. Eddie George averaged 3.3 yards per carry with 1 TD every 33 carries. Julius averaged 4.2 yards per carry with 1 TD every 28 carries. The line was no better, and actually looked worse on the right side the second half. But the rushing numbers went up because Julius could make plays.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Great thread. The oline was noticeably upbeat at times in 2nd half of season, they were literally laughing and smiling on some plays during games where Julius had around 150 yards or more, with Flo and LA in particular being way down field or kneeling on the guys they just pancaked on the other team. Enthusiasm and confidence work wonders for any althlete and Julius restored that to O-line in 2nd half of season (while defensive collapses killed overall team energy, and some bad picks hurt offense). It had been many years since a running back made the oline feel that if they didn't block perfectly on every play they'd still be ok. They weren't having fun, they weren't mauling, they were tentative and worried that some no-name or geriatric wouldn't make a play running the ball. Yes they respected Emmitt, but even then we didn't have a ton of weapons at receiver and 8-9 guys were in box all the time so enthusiams was muted. With Julius and psyched up oline look to see some guys having fun out there again, and Flo and LA in particular killing defensive players by the 4th quarter! You think LA is just excited because he's semi healthy, he's excited because our running game IS exciting again, and having A Train and Barber on board makes it all the better because Julius doesn't have to do it all either, they can be excited about all 3's abilities.

Larry

StevenOtero

Reaction score
50cent said:
After watching the Hotstepper video for the 100th time, I finally decided to watch it from another prospective. I watch LA and Flo the entire time like 3 straight times. Its unbelievable to see how they just maul people in their blocking area. Pay attention to how far down field they are on several plays. The fact that JJ can actually make a lineman look good for a missed blocking assignment actually gives LA and FLo confidence.

They now know that they are going to actually get a chance to enforce their will on the opponents for a change, especially at the end of games. This is a linemans dream to be able to just pound on the DL to no stop. With the Rbs we have in the stable, I'd have a hard on too, when you know also that BP actually wants to run the ball down teams throats!

GO BACK AND LOOK AT THE HOTSTEPPER VIDEO and just marvel at those two.

Yes'r I did that the other day also...