I THINK and let me be the first to say Fabini is out of here...

STSINAZ

Reaction score
FABINI is out of here...i give him 72 hours...the way he is playing..he sucks and parcells said yesterday he was going to start cutting down players to get the young guys...namely pat m whatever his name is and proctor more time...so that means he was talking about an o lineman and fabini was already told to get in gear in the mini camp...it doesnt sound like he has...he will be out of here soon IMO....

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
lol, yea thats smart lets cut a guy we just payed money for 4 days into camp. ok man, you know everything

speedkilz88

Reaction score
McQuistan is playing 2nd team LT, cutting Fabini wouldn't effect him at all. With the bonus Fabini got they need to give him to at least the last cut. He is coming off shoulder surgery.

ghst187

Reaction score
I'm not sure Berault makes it to the opening game.
I don't think his body or his knee is going to hold up...

I don't think Fabini will get cut. He's been around quite a while and BP "knows what he has in him." That's important. Even if someone else is better and starts over him, Fabini has already gotten paid and is insurance. Bill probably knows that Fabini will pick it up when games start.

I'm curious to see who makes it out of D Summers vs Tyson Thompson.
I'm curious to see which WRs make the final roster. Miles and Hurd are very intriguing and talented IMO but Copper and Green have an inside track, as does Rhector since he is going to play some DB. I think Hurd and maybe Miles are the only two that really have a chance to be decent NFL WRs but probably aren't as good on STs.
I'm curious to see which DBs stick too.

J-DOG

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
FABINI is out of here...i give him 72 hours...the way he is playing..he sucks and parcells said yesterday he was going to start cutting down players to get the young guys...namely pat m whatever his name is and proctor more time...so that means he was talking about an o lineman and fabini was already told to get in gear in the mini camp...it doesnt sound like he has...he will be out of here soon IMO....
Agree.
Fabini is the weakest link in the O-line that have name value.
I like the idea of getting these guys valuable time in the preseason to gel.
It makes sense in doing that instead of hoping these guys will come together magicly in the season opener.
Kosier,Johnson,Pettiti,Columbo,Rivera and Adams all need time on the field during preseason to build co-hesiveness.
McQuistan and Columbo's progress makes Fabini odd man out.
The only thing I do not agree with is the timing of the Fabini cut.
Fabini will get a game at least in my opinion.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Don't see it happening. Too early. Too weak of a position on the team. Too much money.

RonBurgandy31

Reaction score
gbrittain said:
Don't see it happening. Too early. Too weak of a position on the team. Too much money.

I agree, hell why dont we just cut Vanderjagt too? Its training camp for a reason, we havent even had a preseason game yet

AbeBeta

Reaction score
first team, second team. it doesn't matter right now -- bill is moving guys around to see how they play with each other. it is a good way to see who can play -- for example, how well is Procter going to play if he's between two camp bodies? gotta see him with the first unit.

sago1

Reaction score
Unless Fabini can step it up, he'll get cut. Parcells will give him a little more time to get it together & also see if/how much improvement McQuistan makes during this time. If Fabini doesn't improve after Saturday's scrimmage/the first preseason game/or when first cut due to be made, Fabini will be gone. But I would also expect the Cowboys to scan the waiver wire for any OL who can help them even if just for one year.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
I'm not sure Berault makes it to the opening game.
I don't think his body or his knee is going to hold up...

I don't think Fabini will get cut. He's been around quite a while and BP "knows what he has in him." That's important. Even if someone else is better and starts over him, Fabini has already gotten paid and is insurance. Bill probably knows that Fabini will pick it up when games start.

I'm curious to see who makes it out of D Summers vs Tyson Thompson.
I'm curious to see which WRs make the final roster. Miles and Hurd are very intriguing and talented IMO but Copper and Green have an inside track, as does Rhector since he is going to play some DB. I think Hurd and maybe Miles are the only two that really have a chance to be decent NFL WRs but probably aren't as good on STs.
I'm curious to see which DBs stick too.
Ideally, I think BP would like to sneak Hurd, Miles, and Summers on to the practice squad. It depends if any of them shine to much in preseason. Hurd might be the one who shines to much to cut. His cutting ability really sounds impressive. I think Summers has too much to work on as far as blocking/playbook/special teams to make it this year. Thompson should be much better in those aspects now.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
UNLESS we save major money cutting Fabini (which I really don't think we do, tell me if I'm wrong), then there's no way.

The money was too big to waste, he won't get cut....he'll slide down the depth chart. He'll be an overpaid backup.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy said:
UNLESS we save major money cutting Fabini (which I really don't think we do, tell me if I'm wrong), then there's no way.

The money was too big to waste, he won't get cut....he'll slide down the depth chart. He'll be an overpaid backup.

he's an overpaid insurance policy, kinda like all state, might be good in certain situtaions, but for the money you pay completly worthless, no matter what they say;)

Go with the gecko (Pettiti)

AbeBeta

Reaction score
sago1 said:
Unless Fabini can step it up, he'll get cut. Parcells will give him a little more time to get it together & also see if/how much improvement McQuistan makes during this time. If Fabini doesn't improve after Saturday's scrimmage/the first preseason game/or when first cut due to be made, Fabini will be gone. But I would also expect the Cowboys to scan the waiver wire for any OL who can help them even if just for one year.

honestly, I don't think you are going to find a guy better than Fabini on the wire -- we might just cut him and bring him back after week 1 though.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Honestly i dont see the cowboys siging this guy knowing he would take some time to recover from his shoulder injury and get back into the swing of things, only to cut him 4 days into camp

But i keep forgetting, some fans know everything :rolleyes:

STSINAZ

Reaction score
he's done, give him 72 hours...maybe a day or two more.but it wont take long for parcells to see...he's done...if its not him then who is he planning on cutting? its not proctor or pat M....

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Why does it have to be a OL, you know the weakest part of our team.

I see him cutting a WR, and a LB, as those are so deep and they barely have enough positions to get all of these guys on the field, and by now he should have a feel as who he wants on the field

STSINAZ

Reaction score
because bill said he wanted to get pat M and proctor more time...didnt you hear that yesterday? that means it was a lineman or two he wants to cut...i am telling you fabini is through...really...meaning he cant play anymore...he is a goner...if not him then who????????????????????????????????? its not columbo, al johnson, or any of the starters...or pat m or proctor...that leaves the one who was already warned...cant you read between the lines...he is getting burned on almost every play...havent you read what is going on in camp? or are you uninformed?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
from the same PC

Fabini?
He was coming off the injury so a lot of his stuff was trying to regain strength. He did pretty well. He's just not getting his strength back.

Again, this guy is coming off an injury.

They will not cut the only Vetran they have at the OT position other thna Flozell, just because he's not doing well

And no im not uninformed, in fact im very well informed that when an OT has to have surgery on his arm, he loses strengh in that arm, is in capable of doing the same things he was before the surgery for a period of timel. It takes time and repitition before the person becomes fully trusting of his shoulder and begins to get back the strengh in his arm. But of course im not doctor, so hey dont listen to me