I THINK and let me be the first to say Fabini is out of here...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Petitti haters really thought they had his replacement when Fabini was signed. For the record, Fabini will last past the first preseason game maybe to the first cut. Since he won't collect another paycheck until the Jacksonville game, he is cheap insurance should one of the other OT's get hurt between now and then.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
so who do you think parcells was talking about then? you havent answered that...it has to be an olineman...simple deduction to figure that out

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
I dont know, i havent seen the full list of OL, and i already stated he might have been talking abuot cutting down at LB, and WR, were we are also loaded, and unable to play some of the young boys

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
C
Andre Gurode
Al Johnson

G
D'Anthony Batiste
Kyle Kosier
Stephen Peterman
Cory Procter
Marco Rivera
Matthew Tarullo

OT
Flozell Adams
Marc Colombo
Jason Fabini
Pat McQuistan
Rob Petitti
Dennis Roland
E.J. Whitley

STSINAZ

Reaction score
ok so it would either be roland or whitley...isnt whitley hurt? if so then he is talking about cutting roland because the others are doing well other than fabini...i say he will cut both of them...fabini is done...watch it happen...in 72 hours...maybe a day or two longer but thats it...he is out

STSINAZ

Reaction score
so the next sorriest tackle other than roland is fabini? that doesnt bode too well for him trust me...he is through...he was having it pretty rough before the injury last year too...dont forget that

STSINAZ

Reaction score
but as most jets fans know he was wearing down...he is older...and since he played so much it has taken its toll on him...he is done i say...DONE....just wait and see instead of arguing about it...just wait and see...you are betting parcells was talking about only cutting one tackle when i say it was at least two...if it was two then fabini is one of them right? you cant cut pettiti, flo, columbo, and we know its not Pat M because he said that...here it comes...very soon

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
again, i dont see the point in cutting a vet, that you just signed to be insurance and nothing more. THey have already stated that they do not want to be left like last year, but hey we will see like you siad

J-DOG

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Honestly i dont see the cowboys siging this guy knowing he would take some time to recover from his shoulder injury and get back into the swing of things, only to cut him 4 days into camp

But i keep forgetting, some fans know everything :rolleyes:
Parcells mentioned in a press conference that Fabini didn't look to good in the mini-camps.

Now I know media was saying that but to hear Parcells say that really suprised me.

Parcells told him after the mini-camps that he needed to step it up.

He then went on to say that at some point in time every player has to show him that he can do it no matter who they are.

Throw in the fact that Parcells mentioned that he is going to get down to numbers pretty quick with the O-line and he has mentioned he likes the prospects of McQuistan,Columbo and Proctor.

Fabini has not looked good yet...the clock is tickin on this dude!

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
His injury was basically just a pulled muscle in his chest from what I've seen and it should be healed up fine by now. His performance has not been up to expectations but I don't see him getting cut before the final cut just because of the money issues. We will more likely move him to third string (really already have) and hold on to him as insurance until we have to have the roster spot. If McQuistan hadn't shown up like he has Fabini would be going nowhere and would be looking at the backup job behind Flo.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Unless BP has no hope that Fabini will get better he will NOT be cut.

notherbob

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
His injury was basically just a pulled muscle in his chest from what I've seen and it should be healed up fine by now. His performance has not been up to expectations but I don't see him getting cut before the final cut just because of the money issues. We will more likely move him to third string (really already have) and hold on to him as insurance until we have to have the roster spot. If McQuistan hadn't shown up like he has Fabini would be going nowhere and would be looking at the backup job behind Flo.

I thought his injury was a torn pectoral muscle. That seems fairly difficult to fully recover from in less than a year. Even after it is fully healed, regaining strength would seem to take some time. I think BP will keep him as long as he seems to be making progress but if he stops making progress, he is likely to be cut just before the start of the season so that don't have to pay himm for the whole year. My guess is that they would bring him back if he recovers his strength but they wouldn't if he doesn't.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
thats what i was saying......also his injury should be healed too...poor excuse for someone just wanting to keep the guy because he thinks we should...even when he is done! trust me bp was talking about him in the pc as far as who was going...oh i guess it was roland because those are the only two choices! IMO they are both gone

J-DOG said:
Parcells mentioned in a press conference that Fabini didn't look to good in the mini-camps.

Now I know media was saying that but to hear Parcells say that really suprised me.

Parcells told him after the mini-camps that he needed to step it up.

He then went on to say that at some point in time every player has to show him that he can do it no matter who they are.

Throw in the fact that Parcells mentioned that he is going to get down to numbers pretty quick with the O-line and he has mentioned he likes the prospects of McQuistan,Columbo and Proctor.

Fabini has not looked good yet...the clock is tickin on this dude!

burmafrd

Reaction score
You don't get it. He is a vet that has played well in the past. BP will not let him go unless he really is done. And that is not something that will be determined in the next 3 days. BOOK IT.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
thats what i was saying......also his injury should be healed too...poor excuse for someone just wanting to keep the guy because he thinks we should...even when he is done! trust me bp was talking about him in the pc as far as who was going...oh i guess it was roland because those are the only two choices! IMO they are both gone

Saying it over and over doesn't make it so. Come back in 72 hours and enjoy some crowe au gratin. Fabini may be cut but it ain't going to be anytime soon.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DLCassidy said:
Saying it over and over doesn't make it so. Come back in 72 hours and enjoy some crowe au gratin. Fabini may be cut but it ain't going to be anytime soon.

He probably won't be cut for a while.

I'm hoping he pans out because if he doesn't I'll be forced to rub it in to someone. :)