CFZ I think Dak should win MVP over Purdy

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak hasn’t had a run game all year and the OL is just now playing well. Or did you miss Dak running for his life this season?
What does that have to do anything with what I said? Both Purdy and Dak didn’t look that good when their respective OLines and run games were either out and/or injured. This puts them on par with each other for MVP, maybe a slight edge to Purdy right now.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Whomever wins out is getting MVP.
I would prefer it being Purdy though. His ceiling is much bigger for his career and he's all around a better QB.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Im going with Gilmore based on the definition of the award. QBs are no doubt the most vital position...

But damn...Gilmore has pulled weight this year for his team.

Maybe stats say he average. But I ponder the Cowboys situation without him this year.

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak is certainly in the running and these next two games will probably determine his final ranking. But, how can you fault Purdy for those losses while missing Deebo, CMC and three offensive linemen? Dak would lose those same games missing key players.

In the end, I think the QB who gets the #1 seed wins it unless Tyreek surprises.
I agree with you. There isn't much between the two in terms of individual stats so the team stat will likely be the overriding factor to split the pair. The 49ers spanked the Cowboys and Eagles with Purdy playing well in both games. The Cowboys have shown they have a very strong roster this season so it's not like Prescott has carried an average team. He has played extremely well for one of the elite teams in the league - the same as Purdy.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Everyone says that Purdy had 2 great games against elite teams: The Cowboys and Eagles.

Dak has had 2 great games against elite teams as well..... Eagles x 2. Losing one of those doesn't matter, it's most valuable player not most valuable team effort.

49ers fans keep saying Dak stunk against the Niners. Purdy stunk against the Browns, the Vikings, and Bengals. So he's stunk more times.

Besides..... Dak had possibly his best game against the Niners' main division rivals the Seahawks. Where Purdy threw a pick 6 in the first game against them that everyone forgot. Had 2 drives start from midfield, so he's once again given credit for things his team has done. At least Dak had to go against Geno Smith. Purdy faced Drew Lock and still the Seahawks had a chance to win the game before Lock threw those 2 interceptions.

However, Hurts is out of the running for sure. He has one more game to prove anything (the Seahawks). Nobody cares about the last 3 Eagles games, and I don't know if one great game against the Seahawks will make up the ground he's lost in his last 3 out of 4 games.
Can't we wait till after we play 3 really good teams? I'm sure that would help make the decision.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Purdy is the front runner. It's hard to argue against him at this point, but there are 4 games to go.

Dak has done well to get up there in the conversation. We'll see what happens.
Exactly, like it or not, may come down to the showdown in Santa Clara. Winner takes it.