Twitter: I Think Dez is Coming Back

blueblood70

Reaction score
Every DC in the NFL knows the same thing. He's a head case and a 1 trick pony. MM ain't gonna want him.
wrong again Dez was never a one trick pony that one trick was his bread and butter but you cant have 3 straight seasons of ELITE production with double digit TDS and over 1300 yards and a nearly 16 yard average just doing jump balls..

sorry that can be defended , he has a lot more then that prior to the injuries' etc

he didnt have 75tds all by jump balls, go back and watch EVERY Dez play..many slants, posts, and other stop and go routes taken to the house..

Dez was not just a situational player, hwe was top 5 for 3 straight years, put up ridiculous numbers..

The Natural

Reaction score
wrong again Dez was never a one trick pony that one trick was his bread and better but you cant have 3 straight seasons of ELITE production with double digit TDS and over 1300 yards and a nearly 16 yard average just doing jump balls..

sorry that can be defended , he has a lot more then that prior to the injuries' etc

he didnt have 75tds all by jump ball go back and watch EVEY Dez play..many slants, posts, and other stop and go routes taken to the house..

Dez was not just a situational player, hwe was top 5 for 3 straight years, put up ridiculous numbers..
Rockport is a rockhead who defended Garrett for a decade, thats all you need to know about that guy.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I guess it would be more like if Witten came back, but didn't HAVE TO start.
I know, I know...
Witten was a technician and smart, which is what gave him his advantages, but he HAD to start. And HAD to take all the snaps.
Dez might have more humility on that front.
No guarantees, but I could see it.

Maybe not, but put him on a bare bones deal with an easy out and see how he connects with Mike McCarthy/Kellen's offense.

I don't get it. You agreed with what I said about Bryant which is under no circumstance sign Bryant and now you're saying despite all the many reasons not to sign him you say sign him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Use that roster spot for a promising young WR with potential.
Deep WR draft here!
yes they are taking a wr most likely 3rd round for a slot type guy , some speed like a beasly or cobb ..we have the outside covered..

Dez may be brought in anyway because hes better then any 3-6th guy we have now,,

kumizi

Reaction score
He can probably play in the NFL...but his situation is kinda like Kap.

He probably isn't a top 3 receiver anymore and you want the lower end receivers to be able to play special teams and shut up and dont cause any distractions. Not enough upside left in him to be worth the potential headache.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I don't get it. You agreed with what I said about Bryant which is under no circumstance sign Bryant and now you're saying despite all the many reasons not to sign him you say sign him.
What can I say? I'm a conundrum.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dez wants to come back. He’s doing everything he can to keep his name in the news.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I hate to burst your bubble but Antonio Brown is working out with his cousin Hollywood and Ravens' QB Lamar Jackson in Florida. I doubt we see Antonio in a Raven's uniform.
That may be true, but only Coop and Gallup are better than him. I think unless we get a stud WR at #17, Dez is coming back.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I hate to burst your bubble but Antonio Brown is working out with his cousin Hollywood and Ravens' QB Lamar Jackson in Florida. I doubt we see Antonio in a Raven's uniform.

I agree that it means nothing more than players have to keep working out during this time. You work with who's available.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Lets look at some facts. Bryant hasn't played a single snap in two seasons. Bryant was never considered a fast receiver and has had an achilles injury and is 31 years old now and has to be even slower now. Bryant was never considered to be a good route runner. Bryant in his second to last season he played was one drop away from leading the league in drops. Bryant's last season he played he DID lead the league in drops. Now Bryant has been able to sign with any team at any time since the start of last season yet no team as even brought him in for a tryout. No team has shown any interest in Bryant. Bryant put together a choreographed video of him running some routes as a means to beg for a chance and still no takers.

You may think he's the Cowboys 3rd best receivers but the fact that professional teams haven't even contacted him in two seasons should tell you that your evaluation using a Bob Ueker saying in the movie Major League,is just bit outside.
I can't debate the rest of your post, but Dez being our 3rd best receiver is true regardless if other teams brought him in before the Saints signed him.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
wrong again Dez was never a one trick pony that one trick was his bread and butter but you cant have 3 straight seasons of ELITE production with double digit TDS and over 1300 yards and a nearly 16 yard average just doing jump balls..

he didnt have 75tds all by jump balls, go back and watch EVERY Dez play..many slants, posts, and other stop and go routes taken to the house..

Was also a huge threat at punt returns