I think it could be Yetur Gross Matos

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
YGM isn't super twitchy, but I think he's more a freak that we give him credit for.

"Spencer also revealed that Gross-Matos, who was the Big Ten’s defensive player of the week after a nine-tackle, two-sack performance against Iowa, runs a 4.52-second 40-yard dash, a time that would have put him among the top-five at his position at last year's NFL Combine."

Seen Taco and and Greg Ellis comparisons, but he's a much better athlete than those two.
Biggest thing with him is harness speed to power. Once he can do that, he could be a comparable DE to Lawrence IMO

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I absolutely think he’s a possibility in a trade back
I wouldnt rule out 17. A trade back might not be possible. One way or the other there is a possibility they take a player that might seem like a reach. Who likely depends on who they have the highest grade on. My guess between Matos, Terrell, Diggs and Ruiz would be Matos. But again, that just me. That could be way off the Cowboys evaluation

Sydla

Reaction score
YGM isn't super twitchy, but I think he's more a freak that we give him credit for.

"Spencer also revealed that Gross-Matos, who was the Big Ten’s defensive player of the week after a nine-tackle, two-sack performance against Iowa, runs a 4.52-second 40-yard dash, a time that would have put him among the top-five at his position at last year's NFL Combine."

Seen Taco and and Greg Ellis comparisons, but he's a much better athlete than those two.

Yeah I don't believe these hand held times.

He also appears to need to get stronger. Compare him to some other DEs that could go in the Top 3 rounds. Gross Matos had 20 reps, Zuniga had 29, Okwara had 27, Robinson had 25. By the way, did I read Epenesa only had 17 reps? FWIW, I like Gross-Matos more than Epenesa.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He also appears to need to get stronger. Compare him to some other DEs that could go in the Top 3 rounds. Gross Matos had 20 reps, Zuniga had 29, Okwara had 27, Robinson had 25. By the way, did I read Epenesa only had 17 reps? FWIW, I like Gross-Matos more than Epenesa.
How long are Epenesa arms? Big fact in bench press

Carter

Reaction score
Hes another Taco Charlton. Dont make this mistake again.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His name has been brought as a possibility by several sources, just never as specifically as Ruiz and Terrell. He is a guy we shown alot of interest in throughout the process.

I think he is a very strong possibility at 17

Not at 17 but yes I think he may be a target in a trade down.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score

Yeah I don't see 4.5 speed when watching him, but comparing him to Taco or Greg Ellis who are 4.8/4.9 guys is an insult.

He's much more athletic.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He has an interesting range. I have him in the 20-30 range. Definitely a trade down possibility, but I dont think he would a huge reach at 17 either

I agree. Based on what has been reported, he is most likely graded as a 2nd rd prospect. However, it is quite possible when the Cowboys are on the board, all their 1st rd graded players are long gone. If the team is forced to make a pick at 17, you would think the like of Murray/Terrell are ahead of him.