I think last year, Dallas flew under the radar

MrKennedyKennedy

Reaction score
Last year, I don't recall ANYONE picking Dallas to win the NFC East or be a legit power. EVERYONE was slurping Philly; the Cowboys were able to fly under the radar last year.

This year, they got all the attention and hype, and it's not going as well as we thought.

Perhaps we need Dallas to be expected to not be so good?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
This in my opinion is such a valid point but God forbid you say this in front of the homers. The players this year sound surprised that other teams are giving it their all every time they play them. Yah well welcome to the world of having a tougher schedule because you were 13-3 and welcome to the world of teams being alert to the fact that you only lost 3 games in the previous season and beat the SB champs twice during. Good luck Pal, the homers will be singing the blues, how dare you give an objective opinion instead of just drinking the Kool Aid. We're 4-3 and reeling like a bunch of fishing rods, but god forbid you look for weakness' to fix and rational behind not meeting expectations. We could be 1-15 and these guys would pay an extra 20% on next seasons tickets.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MrKennedyKennedy;2364884 said:
Last year, I don't recall ANYONE picking Dallas to win the NFC East or be a legit power. EVERYONE was slurping Philly; the Cowboys were able to fly under the radar last year.

This year, they got all the attention and hype, and it's not going as well as we thought.

Either you're good enough to handle the hype like championship teams of the past, or you're not. If you have to rely on hype, or lack thereof, to determine your season, you've got some problems....and we do.

firehawk350

Reaction score

I think this is why Phillips' coaching style was good last year. The Cowboys didn't need any extra motivation because they felt slighted. Now, they feel entitled and need a hard nosed coach to tighten them up and Wade Phillips isn't that.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
firehawk350;2364974 said:
I think this is why Phillips' coaching style was good last year. The Cowboys didn't need any extra motivation because they felt slighted. Now, they feel entitled and need a hard nosed coach to tighten them up and Wade Phillips isn't that.

Some of the entitlement was a result of Wade, Jerry, and the Media growing their egos. They honestly believed they can go into any game and win without focusing during the week. The Commanders game was the perfect example of that. During practice there were reports of players and coaches gathering around laughing and having a great time. Sadly, Commanders with a first year coach outside the NFC east understood what the rivalry meant.

Their world came crashing down, and now we have to see if they can respond.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score

Not buying it. The Cowboys never fly under any teams radar. Every team gets hyped up to play them regardless of the Cowboys record.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
We didn't fly under the radar last year. We were a playoff team the year before. We may not have had the "Hype" but we sure as hell weren't flying under the radar.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Sarge;2364957 said:
Either you're good enough to handle the hype like championship teams of the past, or you're not. If you have to rely on hype, or lack thereof, to determine your season, you've got some problems....and we do.

I agree with this completely. You are you who you are. Either they're good enough to overcome this and be a championship team or they're not.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
firehawk350;2364974 said:

I couldnt disagree more. Its the same style as less year, its ineffective THIS year like it was LAST year... and dont post "13-3" "13-3"... we escaped a few games and probably could have gone 10-6... this year we hope for 10-6. The teams true colors and coaches effectives showed late in season.

Wade is not good for this team.

Rack;2365250 said:
We didn't fly under the radar last year. We were a playoff team the year before. We may not have had the "Hype" but we sure as hell weren't flying under the radar.

Correct. We had lost that heartbreaker to Seattle the year before and many though that if we win that game that maybe we "Cinderella-it" to a SB.

We were projected to go the "Unfinished Business" route.