I think the NFL should steal the XFL's kickoff rules

nobody

Reaction score
My personal opinion, go back to kicking from the 30 using the old rules and injuries be damned. Counter injuries by expanding the roster so more players can be dedicated for special teams. This is a high impact sport. Stop trying to prevent impact. No gimmick is going to be better than kickoffs used to be. That solves the onsides kick problem as well.

You do know that they're trying to reduce injuries to keep long-term health problems down, right? While I get that it's not as exciting as it used to be, you're condoning CTE and other things just for your personal amusement.

Flamma

Reaction score
You do know that they're trying to reduce injuries to keep long-term health problems down, right? While I get that it's not as exciting as it used to be, you're condoning CTE and other things just for your personal amusement.

Yes I am fully aware of what they are trying to do, and am against it. I don't watch the game to keep long term player injuries down, I watch it for my amusement. These are adults that choose to play the game for a lot of money. I'm not concerned with their long term health.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Yes I am fully aware of what they are trying to do, and am against it. I don't watch the game to keep long term player injuries down, I watch it for my amusement. These are adults that choose to play the game for a lot of money. I'm not concerned with their long term health.

Wait...so you don't actually want to see kickoff returns, you just want the 30 yard sprint collisions? WTH?

Flamma

Reaction score
Wait...so you don't actually want to see kickoff returns, you just want the 30 yard sprint collisions? WTH?

I want to see regular kickoff returns. Not a gimmick made up by little kids so no one gets hurt.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Oooooo-kay.

Less than half of the k/o's in the NFL last season were returned. In the XFL that number is over 90%. If you actually like returns, the choice seems clear.
he'd rather guy kill themselves or not be able to recognize their own children for his amusement than to evolve into something safer and more exciting

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Oooooo-kay.

Less than half of the k/o's in the NFL last season were returned. In the XFL that number is over 90%. If you actually like returns, the choice seems clear.
And then there are a ton of penalties on the kick offs that do get returned.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

I’ve read some **** on the forum but this takes the cake.
tenor.gif

mmohican29

Reaction score
I'm also fond of the conversion system in place of the extra point kick.

I think keep the NFL pat kick, and adding the 2 and 3 pt scrimmage conversions would be sublime. Or add a 55 yd 2pt option. Make finding a great kicker a necessity.