I think the team is getting ready to make a big change at QB

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think the team is getting ready to make a big change at QB.

I think they have gone as far as they want to risk the team with Dak.

Aaron Roger's or Drew Brees he is not.

Quietly Dallas is looking at their options I believe.

They leaked that video clip of Jones interviewing a top QB in the draft the other day.

Clearly this is a message to Dak and his agent. Come to reasonable terms..

Or they will draft a QB high and withdraw the Tag on Dak and use his money elsewhere.

I do not think they are bluffing. Jerrah and team are going to get back control of the team for McCarthy going forward.

I think the team is willing to dance with Dak.

But I do not think they are willing to follow his lead.

McCarthy is now in charge. Not Garrett. Garrett was a pushover. McCarthy is a rock.

So while alot of us want to play draft experts and debate DBs and DL as our top picks..

QB maybe the real position needing a decision.

BTW-I am not looking for a fist fight here over Dak. Just observations from you guys about the team thinking.

That is all.

You may return to your regularly scheduled reruns on TV.

Comments?

:omg:

fansince68

Reaction score

They leaked that video clip of Jones interviewing a top QB in the draft the other day.

Or they will draft a QB high and withdraw the Tag on Dak and use his money elsewhere.

I do not think they are bluffing. Jerrah and team are going to get back control of the team for McCarthy going forward.

McCarthy is now in charge. Not Garrett. Garrett was a pushover. McCarthy is a rock.

So while alot of us want to play draft experts and debate DBs and DL as our top picks..

BTW-I am not looking for a fist fight here over Dak. Just observations from you guys about the team thinking.

That is all.

Comments?

I agree with your assessment.

BTW The "King of Queens" is a fun show to watch during this pandemic.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That is all.

Comments?

A few questions ….

1. How many QB's are the level of Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees, and if that is the requirement, where are the Cowboys going to find that kind of player? Obviously that kind of player is rare or we wouldn't have to talk about players drafted 15-19 years ago to use that example.

2. Do you have a link to the leaked video? I haven't seen it or even heard about it, so my curiosity is up.

3. Just as there have been reports of Dak asking too much, there also have been reports that the Cowboys are pushing for a longer term deal than the 4 year deals other QBs have signed, so how do we know which side is really responsible for the impasse?

joshjwp

Reaction score
Personally I would trade him for 2 first round picks. I would tank one year on purpose and I would draft Trevor Lawrence with our ranked pick and rebuild the defense with our first this year and the 2 first I got for Dak.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

That is all.

Comments?

Good post. I agree this is a possibility. Dak seems like a good guy but he is starting to look selfish here. They absolutely can not pay him Wilson numbers. Why would they do that. Wilson is going to the HOF Dak has a long way to go.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
2. Do you have a link to the leaked video? I haven't seen it or even heard about it, so my curiosity is up.
There were two threads on it over the weekend. I didn't put too much stock into it.

As an organization, the Cowboys must do their due diligence on any players that they think can help their team. Watching them conduct a video conference with a player who attended school less than 3 hours away is not definitive proof that they're pondering moving on from Dak.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a lot of time on my hands, just about the same amount as before the stay t home stuff. Though I can find plenty to keep busy.
But I use my time better than the sit around thinking of such things. :laugh:

No bluffs no conspiracies just normal stuff leading to the draft. Thing is, they will gamble that Dak will sign his FT offer or come to a deal.
They will not go QB unless in later rounds to develop as a back up. Starter if needed, well, all teams look for that in any backup.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally I would trade him for 2 first round picks. I would tank one year on purpose and I would draft Trevor Lawrence with our ranked pick and rebuild the defense with our first this year and the 2 first I got for Dak.

Tanking will not happen.
This team has many good players, and they will not waste a year on a chance to get Lawrence.
No guarantees you will be the worse team.
Not sure why fans insist upon this silly notion to tank.
And no way a team is trading 2 1st round picks for Dak. He is good, but not that good, not yet.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And if Dak is worth 2 1sts round picks, why in the heck would you trade him. That tells me if he is worth that much, then he is worth taking a team to the SB.
Just makes no sense at all.

Creeper

Reaction score
Its not unusual for teams to interview prospects even if they have no intention of drafting them. The Cowboys could be looking for a backup to Dak who is an improvement over Cooper Rush. It pays to be prepared and that's all this is most likely.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
i-cant-take-it-anymore-gif-1.gif

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
You could win a Superbowl with Dak. You can’t say that about a lot of guys. Energy is better spent upgrading the holes and depth in other places on this roster.
Why make him the highest paid QB in the NFL when you could use that money fixing the holes and depth in other places on this roster as you mentioned above? Dak is ranked in the 12-15th spot as far as QBs are concerned. No team friendly deal, I'm keeping him on the tag (about 27 million right now after Ben and others restructured) and drafting his replacement. MM is known for spotting and developing young QBs. Dak's drama is too much for this team.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
And if Dak is worth 2 1sts round picks, why in the heck would you trade him. That tells me if he is worth that much, then he is worth taking a team to the SB.
Just makes no sense at all.

You are reading it wrong. Just because another team is willing to give two first round picks for Dak does not mean that Dallas values him like that. Now, I personally think Dallas does value him higher than that so unless negotiations completely break down, Dak will be getting a long term contract. IF things go bad, maybe we let him go and try to find a replacement in the draft.