I think we need talented players to match eagles, 49ers, lions, would Canada CFL league be available

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas has talented players. It is some fans don’t recognize it as they think they recognize bums. But are often wrong.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Out of the CFL was Theismann, Ferragamo, Moon, Flutie, Garcia, Cam Wake, Joe Horn, Andre Rison, Mike Vanderjagt, Rocket Ismail and Jon Ryan.

It doesn't hurt to check out the CFL, but I would be cautious about thinking a steady stream of talent is going to come out of that league.

To me punters and place kickers are the most promising bet if you look to the CFL due to adverse weather kicking ability.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
So is getting a Tony Romo undrafted or a Tom Brady in the 7th round....still happens.
yeah but you said to to OP "warren moon says hello" which is kind of sarcastic and your inference was that stating an exception to a rule is negating the OP's point, but it is not. The OP's point is correct. You cant shoot down a premise by giving an exception to it. It like me saying "oh man its so hot this summer" and someone saying "wrong, it was 40 degrees one day this summer"

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Warren Moon says hello
Not many exceptions to the rule. Moon was expected to be drafted in the late rounds in the nfl and he decided to sign with Edmonton before the nfl draft which is why he went undrafted. Most college qbs are going to try and make it in the nfl first.

John813

Reaction score
I'm scouting the Iranian Football League.

Hear they have some players that are the bomb.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Out of the CFL was Theismann, Ferragamo, Moon, Flutie, Garcia, Cam Wake, Joe Horn, Andre Rison, Mike Vanderjagt, Rocket Ismail and Jon Ryan.

It doesn't hurt to check out the CFL, but I would be cautious about thinking a steady stream of talent is going to come out of that league.

To me punters and place kickers are the most promising bet if you look to the CFL due to adverse weather kicking ability.
Andre Rison was a first round pick of the Colts and played for them and then traded to the Falcons. When the nfl no longer wanted him he played a couple of years in the cfl. Rocket only played in the cfl because he got offered a crap load of money to play there. More than Jerry would offer at the time.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you talking about transferring the team to the CFL?
That might help.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Never have i seen a fanbase so frigin desperate....the team is 5-2 not 2-5....only thing that is going to put this team over the top is dak playing the opposite of how he did against the 49ers
yeah some of these posts have gone way overboard and a lot of these fans need to be pushed off a Cliff... Is some of the dumbest things I've ever heard they think those trades somehow put that team or teams like way out in front of the Cowboys before a single shred of evidence that those players are gonna acclimate and execute for that team at a high level none of them moved the needle for me I mean you talk about the Detroit Lions they got some fourth string wide receivers last kick returner somehow that was something the Cowboys should have done to make us as good are you kidding me we already have those dudes heck we got one of those on our team we're not even using in deuce Vaughn :))

the Eagles were desperate to fix their back end and got guys to do it but none of them are premier in their prime players that somehow you got Dion Sanders and Earl Thomas in the trade are you serious people???

And even though the 49ers got chase young he's good but is he gonna fit in is he gonna really make them that much better I mean I remember y'all saying that Randy Gregory was gonna find his second coming of his career and what happened??

I mean some of these moves were good but it didn't make them clearly better than anybody else there is no front runner and by the way these trades can't be judged for about eight or nine weeks from now..

Freaking hilarious people are saying we now we need to go to the Canadian Football League I mean is it 2002 all over again?? These fans really think the Cowboys are bad I mean have they looked at the point differential and the net points?? Have they looked at common opponents because there's memes going all around about how the Eagles and other teams have struggled with teams we absolutely blew out of the stadiums

so can we overreact anymore??

blueblood70

Reaction score
The CFL league has 20 top players would any of these help
please find another team to cheer for as a fan you embarrass me to even call myself a fan if you are what is represented in fans the overreactions are priceless unnecessary and they'll be reaching that hard that we need to go reach into a Canadian Football League?? We are five and two this one the field post I've ever seen... We are very talented you might wanna check the fact that we're only one game out from the better records in the entire league at five and two you act like we're two and five this gets old around here our team is very good did you see the point differential it's called net points we're like close to tops in the league...

Jipper

Reaction score
yeah some of these posts have gone way overboard and a lot of these fans need to be pushed off a Cliff... Is some of the dumbest things I've ever heard they think those trades somehow put that team or teams like way out in front of the Cowboys before a single shred of evidence that those players are gonna acclimate and execute for that team at a high level none of them moved the needle for me I mean you talk about the Detroit Lions they got some fourth string wide receivers last kick returner somehow that was something the Cowboys should have done to make us as good are you kidding me we already have those dudes heck we got one of those on our team we're not even using in deuce Vaughn :))

the Eagles were desperate to fix their back end and got guys to do it but none of them are premier in their prime players that somehow you got Dion Sanders and Earl Thomas in the trade are you serious people???

And even though the 49ers got chase young he's good but is he gonna fit in is he gonna really make them that much better I mean I remember y'all saying that Randy Gregory was gonna find his second coming of his career and what happened??

I mean some of these moves were good but it didn't make them clearly better than anybody else there is no front runner and by the way these trades can't be judged for about eight or nine weeks from now..

Freaking hilarious people are saying we now we need to go to the Canadian Football League I mean is it 2002 all over again?? These fans really think the Cowboys are bad I mean have they looked at the point differential and the net points?? Have they looked at common opponents because there's memes going all around about how the Eagles and other teams have struggled with teams we absolutely blew out of the stadiums

so can we overreact anymore??
I was dying when I saw the CFL thing...what's next rugby?

jrumann59

Reaction score
So now we don't have talented players. Would it have been nice if the front office made a trade or two before the deadline? Yes. Would this board be happy with the decisions? No. Collectively, the Zone is never happy. I hope we win Sunday because if we don't, the Negative Nancy Hater Brigade will be in full force.
I agree with this, if they would have traded there would have been complaints about the compensation and most of those would be from the same people saying do whatever you have to Jerry. Only scenario I could see everyone being happy is if Pittsburgh traded TJ Watt here for a conditional 6th rounder.