I think you have to take your chances with Wentz

ksadler1

Reaction score
Seems like every week, the team we play has multiple players that have personal career bests. I don't expect that to change this week. I wish l had more confidence in this coaching staff to make the necessary changes and adjustments, but. . . . .

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you are more concerned about fantasy football than a Cowboys win?
It is ok if we lose, but hey, I won at fantasy football. Ok then.

Not a knock on you, but it is a knock on fantasy football. :laugh:

It has changed many fans true perspective on football.
IMO, that is the main reason for the increase in audience and according to the numbers, there are as many fantasy fans as football fans. The NFL is just hoping gambling gives it a boost because nothing lasts for long and people bore easily.

Several years ago, I was in a large sports bar in Dallas, The Fox and the Hound, and it was packed and I noticed there were at least 6 large tables with 10-12 women whipiing their heads from screen to screen and the cheering was non stop, they were all playing fantasy, which is not about the game or teams at all, it's all about the individual players. I talked to a couple of buds that hang at Cool River, one of the largest, and they said the same thing.

I've actually seen Cowboys fans disappointed that they scored a TD because it wasn't their player.

Proof

Reaction score
Starting my RB3 in fantasy with zero hesitation with my RB1 out on a bye. Expecting big things from Miles Sanders. Would at least lessen some of the sting of a loss a bit if he has a huge day.

yuck.

Proof

Reaction score
So you are more concerned about fantasy football than a Cowboys win?
It is ok if we lose, but hey, I won at fantasy football. Ok then.

Not a knock on you, but it is a knock on fantasy football. :laugh:

It has changed many fans true perspective on football.

it's a knock on him as well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like every week, the team we play has multiple players that have personal career bests. I don't expect that to change this week. I wish l had more confidence in this coaching staff to make the necessary changes and adjustments, but. . . . .
You can add to that for me, I wish they had more talent. Many here overvalued the talent on this D and affected their expectations.

Makes one wonder, does it not? This team get's gutted for 270 in rushing yards alone in their last game of the 2018 season, they add a pass rushing DE in FA and draft a DT that wasn't starting for his college team. They keep a DC that is more about rewarding players for effort than results and add a D coach that wasn't wanted by his former HC, that just happens to be one of the best D guys in the game.

And we expect the D to be a true contender D? Maybe when we start fixing the blame we should look at ourselves first? Hope should not be a part of expectations.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it's a knock on him as well.
No, it isn't. Why in the hell should Batman put the team above himself, see many of the players doing that? Hell, when I played, I started players against the Cowboys D all the time.

Sydla

Reaction score
One thing for Lawrence and Quinn.

Don't go high on Wentz, he has a unique ability to duck or shake off high hits and keep a play alive. Go for his belly and wrap up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't care what Marinelli and Richard have to do, but they absolutely have to figure out how to get this run defense whipped back into shape. If Howard and Miles Sanders are able to match a performance like they had in GB two weeks ago, there is little chance this Cowboys team can win this game.

So do whatever you have to do to stop the run, double Ertz if you can, then take your chances with Wentz trying to throw downfield to Algholor and Mack Hollins and short to Jeffrey.

Richard stupidly brought up "it's a process" mantra but that process needs to end Sunday night. A real defense needs to show up Sunday PM.
umm no we need balance on d as well as O..

they slowed or stopped most of the Jets Run game, I mean Bell and Co. didnt run rough shot over us but they didnt need to, why because they knew we would load up to stop it also their GP was to throw early and often..

No way id rather have wentz bombing away for quick easy drives.. they nee dot do both well, but if I had to pick my poison im making sure wentz doesnt beat us and worry about Howard and Sanders as long as the runs are all long drives etc..nothing worse then quick scores IMO like the jests 92 yard bomb.. that was back breaker..

Teams always stop the run first but if I had GP for this game its make wentz and the runners have long drives and hope to make mistakes.. im not over loading the box for the run..

Sydla

Reaction score
umm no we need balance on d as well as O..

they slowed or stopped most of the Jets Run game, I mean Bell and Co. didnt run rough shot over us but they didnt need to, why because they knew we would load up to stop it also their GP was to throw early and often..

No way id rather have wentz bombing away for quick easy drives.. they nee dot do both well, but if I had to pick my poison im making sure wentz doesnt beat us and worry about Howard and Sanders as long as the runs are all long drives etc..nothing worse then quick scores IMO like the jests 92 yard bomb.. that was back breaker..

Teams always stop the run first but if I had GP for this game its make wentz and the runners have long drives and hope to make mistakes.. im not over loading the box for the run..

What we did against the Jets is meaningless. The Jets don't have a good OL and haven't run on anyone.

You let Sanders and Howard churn up yards like they did in the GB game, there is zero chance the Cowboys win. Zero.

Proof

Reaction score
No, it isn't. Why in the hell should Batman put the team above himself, see many of the players doing that? Hell, when I played, I started players against the Cowboys D all the time.

"more concerned with"

me personally I don't take any solace in what my fantasy team does if it's at the expense of the Cowboys. feels worse honestly.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What we did against the Jets is meaningless. The Jets don't have a good OL and haven't run on anyone.

You let Sanders and Howard churn up yards like they did in the GB game, there is zero chance the Cowboys win. Zero.
its not different and their Oline sure didnt look bad once Faulk a PS QB who was immediately release, not even a backup lol was gone and their QB was hardly moved in the pocket.. they were able to throw at will the first half.. Churn up yards here and there sure not saying for them to break abig chunk yards all game but id rather slow the game down and make sure wentz isnt throwing dimes all game.. we saw Darnold look like Montana, Wentz will kill us if we employ the same defense..Im bringing pressure especially if long time Cowboy killa Jackson isnt playing..

their run game doesnt scare me, wentz and Ertz Agholor etc do..they lke to throw, take that away..

Batman1980

Reaction score
"more concerned with"

me personally I don't take any solace in what my fantasy team does if it's at the expense of the Cowboys. feels worse honestly.

True, I just want to win in fantasy against this guy. :p Besides my runningbacks that I can play this week are Derrick Henry, Miles Sanders and Frank Gore. It's not like I can use Chubb(bye week) or Wayne Gallman (handcuff until Barkley aggravates his injury)

Trying to trade Chubb and Lamar Jackson to the Mahomes owner in my league for C-Mac and Robby Anderson. We'll see how it goes.

Sydla

Reaction score
its not different and their Oline sure didnt look bad once Faulk a PS QB who was immediately release, not even a backup lol was gone and their QB was hardly moved in the pocket.. they were able to throw at will the first half.. Churn up yards here and there sure not saying for them to break abig chunk yards all game but id rather slow the game down and make sure wentz isnt throwing dimes all game.. we saw Darnold look like Montana, Wentz will kill us if we employ the same defense..Im bringing pressure especially if long time Cowboy killa Jackson isnt playing..

their run game doesnt scare me, wentz and Ertz Agholor etc do..they lke to throw, take that away..

Bell hasn't run for more than 68 yards in any game this season. Trying to use that performance against the Jets as some sort of sign our run D is OK or whatever you think it means is hilarious.

And fear in Agholor? He's been pretty blah all year.

Again it's very simple. You let Howard and Sanders run all over us, it doesn't matter what Wentz does or doesn't do. It's just that simple. We saw it up close in the Packers game where Jones ran wild on us and Rodgers didn't really have to do much. Guess what game was Aaron Rodgers' worst game statistically?

You guessed it. Dallas. Lowest rating and QBR and threw for zero TDs. Why did we lose? We got gashed on the ground.

You let Sanders and Howard do what Jones did to us? Wentz can pick his nose all game if he wants.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bell hasn't run for more than 68 yards in any game this season. Trying to use that performance against the Jets as some sort of sign our run D is OK or whatever you think it means is hilarious.

And fear in Agholor? He's been pretty blah all year.

Again it's very simple. You let Howard and Sanders run all over us, it doesn't matter what Wentz does or doesn't do. It's just that simple. We saw it up close in the Packers game where Jones ran wild on us and Rodgers didn't really have to do much. Guess what game was Aaron Rodgers' worst game statistically?

You guessed it. Dallas. Lowest rating and QBR and threw for zero TDs. Why did we lose? We got gashed on the ground.

You let Sanders and Howard do what Jones did to us? Wentz can pick his nose all game if he wants.
um no I said DARNOLD ripped us apart Wentz is better, Philly is better, we cant let wentz go free.. thats what I said all 3 times.. its my GP not yours IDC im not letting wentz just have free pass to stop Howard and Sanders.. sure we need balance said it right out of the gate but the title I disagree not taking my chance with wentz..

Like KC did in Denver last night im just saying **** we are just broing everyone and you wont be able to get the ball off in time.. KC isnt great defense but Denver has really good Runners yet kc just ruined drives by getting Denver behind the chains all night with sacks and TOS.. Wentz was mobile can still move in the pocket but hes not the old wentz..im selling out to knock him out of the game..

Wentz is the key hes the heart of the offense , stop the heart stop the offense

Sydla

Reaction score
um no I said DARNOLD ripped us apart Wentz is better, Philly is better, we cant let wentz go free.. thats what I said all 3 times.. its my GP not yours IDC im not letting wentz just have free pass to stop Howard and Sanders.. sure we need balance said it right out of the gate but the title I disagree not taking my chance with wentz..

Like KC did in Denver last night im just saying **** we are just broing everyone and you wont be able to get the ball off in time.. KC isnt great defense but Denver has really good Runners yet kc just ruined drives by getting Denver behind the chains all night with sacks and TOS.. Wentz was mobile can still move in the pocket but hes not the old wentz..im selling out to knock him out of the game..

Wentz is the key hes the heart of the offense , stop the heart stop the offense

Because THEY STOPPED THE RUN FIRST AND FOREMOST.

That's what you have to do with Philly given what they are on offense now and what our defense looks like. Force them into obvious passing situations with Wentz.

Again, if you cut off Wentz they can still win if we can't stop the run. Just like the Packers game where we controlled Rodgers but the Packers run game won the game for them.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't care what Marinelli and Richard have to do, but they absolutely have to figure out how to get this run defense whipped back into shape. If Howard and Miles Sanders are able to match a performance like they had in GB two weeks ago, there is little chance this Cowboys team can win this game.

So do whatever you have to do to stop the run, double Ertz if you can, then take your chances with Wentz trying to throw downfield to Algholor and Mack Hollins and short to Jeffrey.

Richard stupidly brought up "it's a process" mantra but that process needs to end Sunday night. A real defense needs to show up Sunday PM.
Pressure. Bring pressure...

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'm not too worried about the Eagles run game. They have a bunch of injuries on the OL, Howard is a grinder and Sanders hasn't got it going yet.

And a side note I want to bring up: we by and large play a one gap scheme. It's not DTs commanding double teams while the LBs go freelancing like a lot of fans seem to think ("get a block-eating NT!"). Everyone in the front seven needs to hold their ground and make a play in their gap, so run D is mostly about being well-rounded and having few weaknesses. The thing screwing us right now is that our entire front seven is springing leaks with injuries and ineffectiveness. LVE, Jaylon, Law, Woods, even Quinn is a pretty bad run defender. It's a collective failure more than a "bad NT" failure.

Back to what scares me about the Eagles: Wentz is the real deal. Watch him in the SNF Atlanta game when everything was falling apart around him. He's going to be the biggest pain Sunday for sure. #2 is going to be Fletcher Cox, especially if Philly starts lining him up against Connor Williams.

Last edited:

FTWayne

Reaction score
what happened to those first 3 team wins super talent? They just disappeared.