I thought winning a playoff game

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
last year would stop the constant "reminders" we hadn't won a playoff game since 1996.

Sigh, I was wrong. Now all I hear is how we have only one win in fourteen years.

The Dallas Cowboys, the only NFL team never allowed to lose, even in preseason. :bang2:

Nav22

Reaction score
And Romo's still a choker while Aaron "0 playoff wins" Rodgers is elite. Go figure.

anava

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3521781 said:
last year would stop the constant "reminders" we hadn't won a playoff game since 1996.

Sigh, I was wrong. Now all I hear is how we have only one win in fourteen years.

The Dallas Cowboys, the only NFL team never allowed to lose, even in preseason. :bang2:

Had we come out played a good game against the Vikings the following week and lost it might have. But we looked like we were content with the one win and got our butt whipped. The Boys looked very unprepared and like the soft guys they had prior in seasons.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I know.

Rodgers threw those INTs in his playoff last year and fumbled away the game yet all I hear is how great he played to get the Packers back into it. When I mentioned his fumble cost them the game, I get well he is young and it is his first playoff game.

I said well no one cut Romo any such slack in 2006 in Seattle and I get, well Romo can't win when it counts and is a choker.

Go figure.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
anava;3521793 said:
Had we come out played a good game against the Vikings the following week and lost it might have. But we looked like we were content with the one win and got our butt whipped. The Boys looked very unprepared and like the soft guys they had prior in seasons.

please...

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Nav22;3521788 said:
And Romo's still a choker while Aaron "0 playoff wins" Rodgers is elite. Go figure.

Well, two wrongs don't make a right. In other words, I don't think Rodgers should be considered a choker because Romo is considered one. I think both are elite QBs in this league, although (and this pains me to say) I think Rodgers might be a little better, at least at this point.

This has nothing to do with stats, victories, facial hair, etc. This is strictly my opinion based only on watching them play. That Rodgers is one scary cat.

But it's idiotic to call either one a choker, one only has to look at any number of examples where both performed very well in pressure situations.

Nav22

Reaction score
Well, two wrongs don't make a right. In other words, I don't think Rodgers should be considered a choker because Romo is considered one.
But is it too much to ask for a shred of consistency? If Tony had to wait until he won a playoff game before being called "elite", why doesn't Rodgers? Why was 1 career playoff win before last season enough to keep the hounds off of Drew Brees (who had been a starter for SEVEN years compared to 2.5 for Romo)?

As for the comparison between Romo-Rodgers, Rodgers is terrific, no doubt. But the most underrated statistic is wins, and Tony has Aaron beat here.

Sacks are drive-killers, and nobody took more sacks than Aaron Rodgers last year. Has a huge impact on wins/losses. But QBs aren't really judged on sacks taken, so this flaw is swept under the rug.

If the Cowboys ever go 6-10 with Romo under center (like Green Bay did in 2008 with Rodgers), you'll see a ****-storm hit Valley Ranch no matter what Tony's numbers look like.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Wade is still Mr. Stay Puft too. ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nav22;3521900 said:
But is it too much to ask for a shred of consistency? If Tony had to wait until he won a playoff game before being called "elite", why doesn't Rodgers? Why was 1 career playoff win before last season enough to keep the hounds off of Drew Brees (who had been a starter for SEVEN years compared to 2.5 for Romo)?

As for the comparison between Romo-Rodgers, Rodgers is terrific, no doubt. But the most underrated statistic is wins, and Tony has Aaron beat here.

Sacks are drive-killers, and nobody took more sacks than Aaron Rodgers last year. Has a huge impact on wins/losses. But QBs aren't really judged on sacks taken, so this flaw is swept under the rug.

If the Cowboys ever go 6-10 with Romo under center (like Green Bay did in 2008 with Rodgers), you'll see a ****-storm hit Valley Ranch no matter what Tony's numbers look like.
Yes, it is too much to ask for there to be consistency.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
In all fairness, Peyton Manning was crapped on for years for not winning even though usually it could be pinned on a crappy defence and the Patriot DBs mugging his soft WRs all game with impunity.

I will cut Rodgers slack for 2008 as he was a first year starter then but still, Romo who was undrafted gets cut less slack than Rodgers does. The joy of being a Cowboy QB is that you get to date country singers and other hotties but with that comes the crap of never being allowed to lose. Rodgers can date Green Bay Holsteins and lose every game but he will still be praised.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3522063 said:
In all fairness, Peyton Manning was crapped on for years for not winning even though usually it could be pinned on a crappy defence and the Patriot DBs mugging his soft WRs all game with impunity.

I will cut Rodgers slack for 2008 as he was a first year starter then but still, Romo who was undrafted gets cut less slack than Rodgers does. The joy of being a Cowboy QB is that you get to date country singers and other hotties but with that comes the crap of never being allowed to lose. Rodgers can date Green Bay Holsteins and lose every game but he will still be praised.

:lmao2: How true!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
And just think, if we win 2 playoff games, then it will be that the Boys have only won two playoff games in said years. :)

But never fear, we're winning it all this year, regardless of all the chicken littles in here who like to count preseason as some sort of litmus test.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Nav22;3521900 said:

This really bothers me too. It's so stupid. Even if Tony Romo wins us a Super Bowl, they'll still focus on the one interception he had...or something irrelavent like that. pfffft

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Fletch;3522076 said:
And just think, if we win 2 playoff games, then it will be that the Boys have only won two playoff games in said years. :)

But never fear, we're winning it all this year, regardless of all the chicken littles in here who like to count preseason as some sort of litmus test.

Don't get to high on the cowboys, they've only won ONE superbowl in the last 15 years guys. they need a lot more to become an elite team. ;)

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
dargonking999;3522091 said:
Don't get to high on the cowboys, they've only won ONE superbowl in the last 15 years guys. they need a lot more to become an elite team. ;)

Ahh you guys beat me to it.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score

Actually it sounds like you were right because I haven't heard anyone mentioning how we haven't won a playoff game since '96 after last season.

The Emperor

Marcus Aurelius Maximus
Reaction score

The Dallas Cowboys, the only NFL team never allowed to lose, even in preseason.

I didn't say this on these boards because I wasn't a member yet, but I said it over at TrueBlueFanClub back in the 2009 off-season. Anyway, I predicted this very thing you're complaining about. The only way we can ever win is by winning it all, and if we win it Jerry's way, it's like we didn't win it at all.