CFZ I Vote "Sweet'n Spicy" for Cowboys 2023 Offense

T-RO

Reaction score
Cowboys aren't going to the Super Bowl next season. So how about we aim for premium entertainment? I love me some Forty-burgers and Fifty burgers.

1. Put the tag on Tony Pollard but trade him before the season when a few teams lose their RBs to injuries in August (always happens). Save the money for other goodies. Pollard is a top-six back but he's at that age where things head south and we need to get younger at the position. That trade could net a 4th or 5th round pick for '24 and opens up cap space.

2. Load up on some Bijan Mustard in round one. I'm the first guy to say that RBs have short careers and that o-lines are more important for run game success. But this is a lightweight draft and Bijon is perhaps the best RB of the past five years. Many say he is the best pure football player in this class. I want to watch beautiful football--Bijan delivers lots of that. So productive, so spicy!

3. Cut Zeke. Give him an emotional press conference with tears and hugs. Not worth further discussion.

4. In round 3 draft one of the numerous nimble slot receivers. For now: Nathaniel Dell. Tiny little jitterbug who simply stacked up nation's #1 yards and TDs.

5. Take one of our three round five picks to double dip into one of the richest running back classes ever. Don't yet have a name.

6. Bring back Terence Steele. Steele and Tyler Smith could be the best run-blocking tackle combo in the league.

With these moves we get younger, which means more speed, resilience and we also load up cap space for a big signing or two. We take the load off Prescott. This plan leaves dry powder to further enhance the offense or stack up on D. Go Sweet. Go Spicy. Heavy on the Bijan Mustard.

I reserve the right to renounce every part of this plan in the next two months.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
Pollard is currently only 25 years old.
Yes and much research has shown that 90% of running backs fade hard after their 3rd or 4th season. I think he'll still be quite good this year, but better to move on too early that too late.

No bigger Pollard fan on this site than me. I've fought hard for that guy here for years. But I'm a data/logistics guy. Mountains of data show that RBs peak years 2-4, then begin decline. They have the shortest careers in football.

JBS

Reaction score
You save 10M by trading Pollard in august. Now who exactly do you think willl be available to sign for that 10m in august? Everybody is already taken by that point. That plan doesn’t work

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I like what you’re thinking. I’d go OL in the 1st, Bijan won’t fall to Dallas. I think you just let Pollard walk and get a Comp pick. Zeke is gone too. I would also double dip at RB, either 2nd and 3rd or two 3rds. I kind of like the two 3rds because then you could also add to the defense, get a LB or De. That’s all I’d do, build in the trenches and get two RBs and a LB.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. The cowboys suck at trading away assets, just let him walk.

4. The boys dont like short receivers.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
If you draft Bijan you don't tag Pollard it's one or the other IMO. I don't know much about this draft but we need line help and CB depth and a QB so those would be where I'm looking.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Cowboys aren't going to the Super Bowl next season. So how about we aim for premium entertainment? I love me some Forty-burgers and Fifty burgers.

1. Put the tag on Tony Pollard but trade him before the season when a few teams lose their RBs to injuries in August (always happens). Save the money for other goodies. Pollard is a top-six back but he's at that age where things head south and we need to get younger at the position. That trade could net a 4th or 5th round pick for '24 and opens up cap space.

2. Load up on some Bijan Mustard in round one. I'm the first guy to say that RBs have short careers and that o-lines are more important for run game success. But this is a lightweight draft and Bijon is perhaps the best RB of the past five years. Many say he is the best pure football player in this class. I want to watch beautiful football--Bijan delivers lots of that. So productive, so spicy!

3. Cut Zeke. Give him an emotional press conference with tears and hugs. Not worth further discussion.

4. In round 3 draft one of the numerous nimble slot receivers. For now: Nathaniel Dell. Tiny little jitterbug who simply stacked up nation's #1 yards and TDs.

5. Take one of our three round five picks to double dip into one of the richest running back classes ever. Don't yet have a name.

6. Bring back Terence Steele. Steele and Tyler Smith could be the best run-blocking tackle combo in the league.

With these moves we get younger, which means more speed, resilience and we also load up cap space for a big signing or two. We take the load off Prescott. This plan leaves dry powder to further enhance the offense or stack up on D. Go Sweet. Go Spicy. Heavy on the Bijan Mustard.

Until Dak retires all you will get is Sour n Gassy

CWR

Reaction score
Yes and much research has shown that 90% of running backs fade hard after their 3rd or 4th season. I think he'll still be quite good this year, but better to move on too early that too late.

No bigger Pollard fan on this site than me. I've fought hard for that guy here for years. But I'm a data/logistics guy. Mountains of data show that RBs peak years 2-4, then begin decline. They have the shortest careers in football.

Good point, but I wonder if that research takes into account TP being a part time back without much wear and tear? Not that they are similar players, but reminds me of Michael Turner when he left the Chargers for Atlanta. He still had a ton of juice.

Blackrain

Reaction score

I like it You're right we stand no chance of going to a super bowl so a power running game at least gives us good football to watch like we had in 2016.

At this point that's all we have is to enhance our entertainment value for us fans they're really is nothing else left.
Our offensive line when steel comes back should be very serviceable just getting rid of Zeke and adding almost any running back from the first three rounds makes us a better running team.
That said somewhere in all this can we get some type of a run stopping defensive tackle in the draft please!!!!!

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
1. The cowboys suck at trading away assets, just let him walk.

4. The boys dont like short receivers.
Yes and yes. It's not that Dallas doesn't like short receivers, Dallas needs receivers with long arms to catch them off target passes from 4. I also don't think Pollards market is large bc of the injury. Maybe able to sign cheap or yes let him walk if the demands are too high.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
First 3 rounds DL, OL, DL. BUILD the trenches. Plenty of skill players in later rounds.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like what you’re thinking. I’d go OL in the 1st, Bijan won’t fall to Dallas. I think you just let Pollard walk and get a Comp pick. Zeke is gone too. I would also double dip at RB, either 2nd and 3rd or two 3rds. I kind of like the two 3rds because then you could also add to the defense, get a LB or De. That’s all I’d do, build in the trenches and get two RBs and a LB.
right give me a physical spicy LG to replace McGovern. draft a rb in the 3rd(like Vaughn, someone similar to pollard as we need the speed, cant lose that) and decide id Pollard/zeke stay or go and if you move on from both get a cheap vet power back and a FB off the Street. Start there.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

We don't like speed and people that can get open quickly, nice post especially about the slot guys, really want a quick little guy there

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If you draft Bijan you don't tag Pollard it's one or the other IMO. I don't know much about this draft but we need line help and CB depth and a QB so those would be where I'm looking.

One comes before the other, Pollard move comes first