I want the No. 1 seed, but winning a road playoff game would be nice too

Red Dragon

Reaction score
The last time the Cowboys won a road playoff game, the franchise had only.......2 Lombardis to its name.

That's right, the 1992 NFC championship game is the last road playoff win Dallas ever had. Shocking.

So while I want Dallas to get the No. 1 seed, the consolation prize for getting No. 2 is that Dallas will have the theoretical opportunity to knock that 29-year monkey off its back (most likely at Lambeau.)

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Don't care. Just win.
Nice. Agreed, but start win in style too. One TD per game against super suckers thinking they're NFL teams just won't cut it in the playoffs.

Even though I'm usually in the "just win" crowd too, but what the offense has been showing for over a month now just pisses me off. Especially with our Defense flying right now.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The last time the Cowboys won a road playoff game, the franchise had only.......2 Lombardis to its name.

That's right, the 1992 NFC championship game is the last road playoff win Dallas ever had. Shocking.

So while I want Dallas to get the No. 1 seed, the consolation prize for getting No. 2 is that Dallas will have the theoretical opportunity to knock that 29-year monkey off its back (most likely at Lambeau.)
Would not hold my breath

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sense we are so good in the redzone on away games, probably doesn't matter. The rest is the part of the number 1 seed that would be great. .We still need GB to lose right.?

Loso86

Reaction score

Idc if it's home or away just WIN!

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Beggars cant be choosing, just win a couple of playoff games and goto a championship, style points if we can gather well and good , but it can come later, like next season , this season take advantage of rejuvenated D and use the offensive Fire power correctly to win a championship. ( Special team no gaffes pls)

DFWJC

Reaction score

So true

The Dez catch that wasn't and the only starting QB in the league (and last) splaying special teams blunder are two road losses that should not have occurred.

ologan

Reaction score
You can have your cake, and eat it too….this season….No.1 seed…..and a road game in February at SoFi Stadium! That’ll work!

Flamma

Reaction score
The only reason I'd rather them be the #1 seed is because they play one less game if I'm not mistaken.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I've been following this team since the late 70s and they are like 4-15 on the road in the playoffs since then.

Either get a high seed or go home.....and in two extremely difficult years maybe both.

Really.....78, 80, 91 and 92. That's it for the road wins when it counts.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
You can have your cake, and eat it too….this season….No.1 seed…..and a road game in February at SoFi Stadium! That’ll work!

Yes but Super Bowls are not true hostile-road game venues, they are neutral games.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
People in hell want ice water. You don't always get what you want. And there's no way in hell Dallas could win a playoff game at Lambeau this year

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I agree with the OP. Being on the road in the playoffs is not a death sentence. We are a good team on the road and can overcome being on the road in a playoff situation if we have to.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If the cowboys get the #1 seed and then win a Super Bowl. I will not give a flying fig that they didn’t win a road game in the playoffs.

visionary

Reaction score

the SB will be a road game

kevm3

Reaction score
I don't know if I necessarily wanting us to have a bye in the playoffs. We usually come out of those games cold.