I want the "KEY" to the city...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Now that we are locking up players... how much do we want Key back on the team?

I know I would love to have Mr. Chain Mover back on team with our WR corps.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Not going to happen, that would stunt the growth of any of the young receivers on the roster. Also I do not think we need 2 primadonnas saying "give me the damn ball"

maxsports

Reaction score
No thanks. Lets get younger at wide receiver. Lets give Crayton a chance to get better.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Just think of this play...

1st and goal at the five yd line...Cowboys come out with with only a FB in the backfield...Owens/Glenn/Johnson/Witten...Bledsoe steps back...gets the throw off cleanly...TD!! to _______________!!!

Won't happen with Parcells run first O, but it would be fun to watch.:)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since I'm not ready to see Crayton start (if Glenn or TO go down) I would be all for it.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Tough to bring Key back at this point.

If we couldn't pay Key what he was going to ask and then emptied the vault for TO, how is Key going to return and be moved to #3 WR at that sort of money..?

Key is gone..and there isn't much that will bring him back.

Besides, most of these WR's have incentives for catches, yardage and TD's in their contracts. There just won't be enough to go around with TO, Witten, Glenn and Crayton and JuJo all needing the ball.

Key is going to be fine. He's got something more to prove that cutting him was wrong, that he still is a #1 WR for some team and that he's a leader.

I suspect he'll end up back in the AFC as somebodies #2 WR and get a decent contract. I'm not sure he'll be apprecaited in the NFC as much as in the AFC where passing comes first and running comes second.

I'm wondering if the Steelers wouldn't be interested in KEY with Randle-El gone. He's exactly the type WR that Cowher should be able to get the most from.

I wish Key the best. He was a very good Cowboy.

Parcellswaterboy

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Isn't Keyshawn quoted in a Morning News article saying that, despite the TO signing, he's interested in returning?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Dale said:
Isn't Keyshawn quoted in a Morning News article saying that, despite the TO signing, he's interested in returning?

I am running with that.... the end result could be a SB for Key, Bill, TO and company.... THAT is the objective.

Sandman52

Reaction score
Dale said:

Dang, someone find that article....I wanna see that.

Hey, Dale.....best WRs in the "conference?" :lmao:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dale said:
He did say that about returning.

But I have to wonder how that could work.

If Peerless Price couldn't break the lineup, where does Key fit..?

BP kept saying over and over "Who are you going to pull to play Peerless..?"

I think the same goes for KEY if he's here.

Yes, Peerless Price was an expensive insurance policy at about $2mil/yr and Dallas paid out at least part of that until Crayton was healthy. Then Price was released.

I'm just not sure Dallas will do that again, at this very young point in the 2006 season.

Personally, if the club is going to go and spend insurance money at a position, I'd rather it be at QB for a veteran who would not force us to completely throw out our whole offense if Bledsoe goes out on his shield.

I watched Henson play yesterday and while there are a ton of excuses about why he struggled so much, I just look at what he is and not what I'd like him to be..

..and think about him and Romo having to take turns at keeping our playoff hopes alive if Bledsoe should be out for any time.

It's not a pretty thought. I figure Romo to be little better than what we see in Henson right now.

Neither is what I'd call an insurance policy at the position.

Therefore, if money for insuring purposes is needed, it isn't for KEY at WR.

It's for QB and for the overall team chances if needed.

I'd like a guy like Kerry Collins as a #2, frankly. But I think he's been signed, right..?

parcellswaterboy

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
parcellswaterboy said:
He did say that about returning.

But I have to wonder how that could work.

If Peerless Price couldn't break the lineup, where does Key fit..?

BP kept saying over and over "Who are you going to pull to play Peerless..?"

I think the same goes for KEY if he's here.

Yes, Peerless Price was an expensive insurance policy at about $2mil/yr and Dallas paid out at least part of that until Crayton was healthy. Then Price was released.

I'm just not sure Dallas will do that again, at this very young point in the 2006 season.

Personally, if the club is going to go and spend insurance money at a position, I'd rather it be at QB for a veteran who would not force us to completely throw out our whole offense if Bledsoe goes out on his shield.

I watched Henson play yesterday and while there are a ton of excuses about why he struggled so much, I just look at what he is and not what I'd like him to be..

..and think about him and Romo having to take turns at keeping our playoff hopes alive if Bledsoe should be out for any time.

It's not a pretty thought. I figure Romo to be little better than what we see in Henson right now.

Neither is what I'd call an insurance policy at the position.

Therefore, if money for insuring purposes is needed, it isn't for KEY at WR.

It's for QB and for the overall team chances if needed.

I'd like a guy like Kerry Collins as a #2, frankly. But I think he's been signed, right..?

parcellswaterboy
So we are back to "we need a vet backup QB" I see. I still say that having a washed up has been or an old never was at backup QB is as bad as having a young unproven talent except with less upside. Get a young guy to develop behind your vet starter so he can be ready when the vet starter goes down or loses his touch. If the coaching staff is happy with the two young guys we have behind Bledsoe then I am happy. If not then thet need to get a young guy that they will be happy with. There are a lot of places that they could spend Jerry's money and do some good but spending it on a washed up or second rate #2 QB is not the right move.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
So we are back to "we need a vet backup QB" I see. I still say that having a washed up has been or an old never was at backup QB is as bad as having a young unproven talent except with less upside. Get a young guy to develop behind your vet starter so he can be ready when the vet starter goes down or loses his touch. If the coaching staff is happy with the two young guys we have behind Bledsoe then I am happy. If not then thet need to get a young guy that they will be happy with. There are a lot of places that they could spend Jerry's money and do some good but spending it on a washed up or second rate #2 QB is not the right move.

..but what I'd rather see is both Henson and Romo moved and then a vet and a new QB out of the draft brought in.

Steve Berreline(sp) was an essential backup to Aikman in our last SB runs and Redball never was an answer as a backup after Steve B. left.

That's my concern. If this team is really looking to continue to contend if Bledsoe has any problems, I think it will be best served with a guy that has AT LEAST had some success in big games.

Collins is not going to carry a team by himself, granted. But depending on two virtual rookies in Romo and Henson is stretching it even more to me.

I'd love for Dallas to bring in a rookie QB this year to start over with preparing for down the road. I don't think ex-baseball players nor Division II QB's are going to get us to any trophies.

Nor scare any defensive coordinators in December if they are taking the snaps.

Just me.

parcellswaterboy

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
maxsports said:
No thanks. Lets get younger at wide receiver. Lets give Crayton a chance to get better.

the problem is we are trying to contend NOW. if we were in complete rebuilding mode i would agree with you but the fact that we are signing veterans like TO shows we are trying to win this year...letting an important position like possession WR develop during this season is a bad decision IMO

maxsports

Reaction score
the problem is we are trying to contend NOW. if we were in complete rebuilding mode i would agree with you but the fact that we are signing veterans like TO shows we are trying to win this year...letting an important position like possession WR develop during this season is a bad decision IMO

This is exactly why we should bring in a young receiver. He does not have to be a star right now! We already have plenty of veteran leadership in Glenn, Witten, Owens. No need for another veteran receiver.