I want to see more screen passes..

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Against the pressure defenses the next 2 weeks, this can be an extremely effective play. Use Choice, Bennett (as we have seen), Barber (if healthy), Miles Austin, whomever.

The key will be the d, but we need to play smart offense.

The Panch

Reaction score
We havent done alot of it the past two weeks against two dominant defenses which pissed me off. I just hope Garrett can get it together already.

Boysboy

Reaction score
The Panch;2498581 said:
We havent done alot of it the past two weeks against two dominant defenses which pissed me off. I just hope Garrett can get it together already.

Garrett did more of that against the Giants, FWIW. The minute we on this board were screaming for him to do so, apparently, he got the message.

Batman

Reaction score
I am all for several screen passes. Garrett did a good job of calling some screen passes at the right time against the NY Giants, and after a few of those their defense was just not quite the same after. Screen passes if done right can just really take a lot out of blitz happy defenses.

We will need several screens planned in these last two games for sure. I really think that all we need to do is successfully execute a couple of screens against the Ravens and Eagles when they blitz and we will have their defenses playing more cautiously than they would like. Right now, Choice looks to be very dangerous and effective with the screen pass, he has a real natural feel for it and how to do it right.