I wanted Defense but starting to get excited about DJ Moore

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I have long felt that DT and LB needed to be the first pick, but if Dallas is going to go "Dak Friendly" (I hate that term) then a home run hitting WR is the pick. I think Ridley is Ted Ginn with better hands so he is a pass at 19. Sutton looks like a slower Dez. Been watching more of DJ Moore and this guy is EXACTLY what this team needs. To me he is a bigger Steve Smith. I would not mind him at 19 and D the rest of the way. What do you think?

Carson

Reaction score
Dak friendly doesn't involve X & Z WR's.

Dak uses his slot, TE, and relies on OL & Run game. Improve those areas. The X & Z will do next to nothing.

Was about to say something similar.

Beasley, Witten, Zeke.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score

Dak uses his slot, TE, and relies on OL & Run game. Improve those areas. The X & Z will do next to nothing.
Dak primarily used his slot receivers & tight ends because he couldn’t rely on his X or Z receivers. It’s well documented why Dak & Dez didn’t connect but Terrance Williams is even less reliable in a lot of ways because he’s responsible for more defensive touchdowns than offensive. Brice Butler, the only reliable outside WR Dak had to throw to, put up great numbers in his limited opportunities. Just because Dez & Williams didn’t succeed with Dak doesn’t mean others won’t, especially not better route runners.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak primarily used his slot receivers & tight ends because he couldn’t rely on his X or Z receivers. It’s well documented why Dak & Dez didn’t connect but Terrance Williams is even less reliable in a lot of ways because he’s responsible for more defensive touchdowns than offensive. Brice Butler, the only reliable outside WR Dak had to throw to, put up great numbers in his limited opportunities. Just because Dez & Williams didn’t succeed with Dak doesn’t mean others won’t, especially not better route runners.

Brice ran straight down field every play. Easy read and Dak threw it to him because of the 1 on 1 matchup.

Anything over the middle or with anticipation Dak isn't good at. He's not throwing anyone open. You have to be wide open before he throws that football.

Dez & T. Will are proven in this league.

Dez can be a top 3 WR in this league. T. Will can be a highly productive #2. The problem is not the WR's. It's the QB not knowing how to get them the ball.

jday

Reaction score
I have long felt that DT and LB needed to be the first pick, but if Dallas is going to go "Dak Friendly" (I hate that term) then a home run hitting WR is the pick. I think Ridley is Ted Ginn with better hands so he is a pass at 19. Sutton looks like a slower Dez. Been watching more of DJ Moore and this guy is EXACTLY what this team needs. To me he is a bigger Steve Smith. I would not mind him at 19 and D the rest of the way. What do you think?

I think if you really dive in on some of the scouting breakdowns that are out there you will find that many of his deficiencies are reminiscent of Dez. Furthermore, in Dallas, he would be pigeon-holed as a slot receiver. Unless the Cowboys have other plans for Beasley, that spot is already taken so I'm not sure he would be worth 19 for how the Cowboys would use him. Furthermore, I might actually like Anthony Miller better and he can be had in the 2nd round, potentially later.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Trade down maybe
No thanks at 19

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Brice ran straight down field every play. Easy read and Dak threw it to him because of the 1 on 1 matchup.

Anything over the middle or with anticipation Dak isn't good at. He's not throwing anyone open. You have to be wide open before he throws that football.

Dez can be a top 3 WR in this league. T. Will can be a highly productive #2. The problem is not the WR's. It's the QB not knowing how to get them the ball.
If you truly believe that, then there’s nothing to talk about. Dak is trash and he won’t be able to get anyone the ball, it doesn’t matter who’s out there. Lol believe what you want, I guess.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you truly believe that, then there’s nothing to talk about. Dak is trash and he won’t be able to get anyone the ball, it doesn’t matter who’s out there. Lol believe what you want, I guess.

I don’t think he’s trash. He’s just not good at throwing to his X and Z and the scheme is not good at naturally getting them open.

cowboyec

Reaction score
he's one of the guys I like...Id be happy with it.
I think if its WR,its Ridley or Sutton...but Im fine if its DJ Moore.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
I know this won't be popular but I wonder how many people who are screaming for DJ Moore have actually watched tape of him, and seen how Maryland used him. And if so how do you have any confidence that it will translate to our offense.

I just don't see it with this guy.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
If we draft Moore in rd 1 and defense the rest of the way who is our starting LG?
We don't even have a starting LG on the roster right now if Collins stays put...If Collins moves back to LG and Flemming is our RT who is our swing? Green? Lol....the biggest fail with our offense last year was our o-line it led to very poor play offensively ALL AROUND.
No no no no....draft our future LG in the 1st two picks. The drop off from Wynn/Hernandez/etc and the rest of the guards in this draft is pretty big. I'd rather draft Wynn or Hernandez in the 1st who will see 100% of our offensive snaps then a LB who will see 30% for a couple years.

The biggest "Dak Friendly" thing we can do is give him the best possible pass protection/run game. His numbers when he's got time are with the best in the league. There's stats out there showing his numbers when he's pressured more than 40% of snaps in a game and its very telling. Games where he's pressured less than 40% of snaps in a game his numbers are ELITE. Games where he is pressured more than 40% he is mediocre.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score

I guess that’s why our X led the team in receiving.

JBS

Reaction score

Yeah, qbs never develop and get better...what you see day one is who they are forever

I've never see any qb improve, it's impossible

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, qbs never develop and get better...what you see day one is who they are forever

I've never see any qb improve, it's impossible

And I've said many times this is something he could get better at.

I want to see improvement before I start investing 1st rounder on WR's. No more costly decoys please. I want guys that will be used.