I was a self proclaimed tanker last year

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Tanking is for losers. That's the definition of rooting for losses.

J12B

Reaction score
I'm glad we tanked. We wouldn't have Michael Parsons. There's absolutely nothing wrong with tanking if you don't have any chance of doing well in the playoffs or making them. Why wouldn't you want a top 10 pick versus a 21 pick?

I don't think the team tanked.

They fought for a couple of wins in Minnesota and the 49ers.

Had they picked like at 6 or 7, pretty sure we'd have either Horn or Surtain on our team.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I don't think the team tanked.

They fought for a couple of wins in Minnesota and the 49ers.

Had they picked like at 6 or 7, pretty sure we'd have either Horn or Surtain on our team.

No, they didn't tank. I meant I'm glad the lost the games they did last year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
But I learned my lesson. Always play to win because you never know who is going to fall in the draft.

That was the wrong lesson. Drafting earlier means we could have had our pick of Parsons *plus* other players we didn't have a chance to pick.

ultron

Reaction score
I will always be a in favor of tanking if there’s no chance to make the playoffs - it’s the smart thing to do.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Yes, I was a tanker .

And yes . i thought and still think tanking was the best decision in that situation .

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He was predicted from the start to go around where he went
Of course he was if you want to reimage history. LOL

All we could talk about back then was Surtain or Horn at CB. We thought surely one of those two would fall to us. So get out of here with your nonsense about, "he was predicted". :rolleyes:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m glad we lost the amount of games we did so we could trade down and still get Micah Parsons.

If we suck then I’m all on team tank. Unfortunately Dallas still stupidly plays their best players unlike other teams who smartly shut it down.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Thinking about last season right now, and I just remembered my mentality last season after Dak went down.

I wanted the team to tank and lose for the best draft position possible.

Well, I was wrong and I'll never want this team to tank again.

The team did string together some wins last year and perhaps got lucky this draft by getting Parsons at #12. There was some great talent that went before him, like Surtain and offensive players, but Parsons was the player this team so desperately needed.

I'll never root for another Cowboys loss. Maybe I'll take some solace in a loss knowing it will help improve the draft order.

But I learned my lesson. Always play to win because you never know who is going to fall in the draft.

Go Cowboys.
Never ever tank. It’s a quitter and loser mentality that will follow you throughout life. Kudos to you for recognizing that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The losing season was necessary to re-stock the talent on this team that had grown thin since the last time they had a bad season and high picks (2016 Draft). I was happy with losing as long as it resulted in a Top-10 pick, which it did.
Bull****. Losing begets losing. And those who wish for losing are losers, quitters and always will be until they see the light. If they see the light. You haven’t obviously.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’m glad we lost the amount of games we did so we could trade down and still get Micah Parsons.

If we suck then I’m all on team tank. Unfortunately Dallas still stupidly plays their best players unlike other teams who smartly shut it down.
That’s a loser, quitter mentality. But you’ve exhibited that many times in the past so absolutely no surprise. Expected.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Or it’s just called not being stupid so your team benefits in the long run.
No it’s a loser mentality hoping for the Cowboys to lose. Ain’t no sugar coaching that no matter how hard you try. It’s quitting. But you do you as we all know you will.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Of course he was if you want to reimage history. LOL

All we could talk about back then was Surtain or Horn at CB. We thought surely one of those two would fall to us. So get out of here with your nonsense about, "he was predicted". :rolleyes:
If its nonsense, then where was he predicted to go?

AROUND WHERE HE WENT. Exactly what I said.

I could even pull up a quote from me the day of our last game last saying saying welp go get Micah Parsons.