I was banned on Twitter for supporting Troy

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Some guy made a comment that “Troy would’ve been horrible if he played in today’s NFL.”

I followed with , “You mean today’s NFL where these Pansie QB’s cry for a flag if they are barely Hit”

Twitter said it was hate speech?
Got benched for 24 hours LOL.

I will listen to, and respect my friends here at CZ’s opinion.

Was I really over the line? Was it the word Pansie that they didn’t like?
How was this interpreted to be hate speech?

I appealed it but lost LOL.
What else did you say?

Xelda

Reaction score
Some guy made a comment that “Troy would’ve been horrible if he played in today’s NFL.”

I followed with , “You mean today’s NFL where these Pansie QB’s cry for a flag if they are barely Hit”

Their insult was ridiculous. You getting banned for 24 hours is foolish. Stick with us, we applaud your honesty.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It was pansie IMO... but I don’t think it was that bad.

However, in today’s PC world, you can’t say things like that, period.

JMO.
the world,including sports and social media has gone spiraling down the path from where there is no return. Its a mental illness. Facts are not honored. Its all about perception and feelings. So when you support Troy for example, you get the PC police on ya. We see this narrative in our everyday lives...being jammed down our throats. I'm stopping right there. Don't wanna get banned or benched. That's my rant. BTW...pansie isn't bad at all.

Froski

Reaction score
Im sure the word "pansie" triggered someone since it has to do with something else entirely. One word can literally start a war on twitter lol.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
These social media companies are becoming very strict on what you can say. So much stuff is flagged these days. Stuff that they would not care about at all back in the day. It will only get worst. IMDB completely shut down their message boards (which were awesome) because of this reasoning.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
So is the great Twitter ban of 2019 over with? I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight if the poor guy cannot tweet for an entire 24 hours ........

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

It was the word, "Pansie" that was over the top, but more importantly. it's how you used it as a blanket statement to talk about this entire generation of QB's that got you banned. These millennials don't appreciate being stereotyped in any way. When they see that, they automatically label the writer a hater.

kskboys

Reaction score
I got banned from mountaineer sports because they did an article about West Virginians not being tech savvy enough to log into ESPN+. My comment was as I quote " This might be the most disrespect full article I've ever seen to the people of WV." I sent them a message asking why it was deleted and they said this.

My comment: Censorship of a members view is the wrong way to keep fans on your site. Good luck with your future work.

We agree and thank you for your continued support.
Also, good luck with your future work of replying with negativity on our articles.

It is pretty amazing to me that the media can control any narrative they want on social media.
Privately owned site. They should be able to control what can be said.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score

That is dumb. I got blocked by Matthew Berry for calling him out on something. Some pansies can’t handle other people’s opinions.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
It's twitter...if you say ANYTHING to hurt certain peoples feelings you're going to get banned...it's become a snowflakes dreamland where saying nasty things to one group is acceptable while you get banned if you respond in kind.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Not at all. Content is controlled on any decent site.

I get it if something vulgar or inappropriate but some one simply criticizing or showing displeasure with a writers article its censorship. If a journalist can't handle disagreement why put it out in public, just show it to your mom.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score

I have said so so much worse to people on twitter. This world is much too soft anymore!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This isn't just Twitter, it's social media in general (this forum is no different)

The internet being treated like someone's home has always and will always be stupid. It began around 2008 and went full steam ahead during the election.