I was just wondering if it's the older fans who see what I see in Dak

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hate to admit it, but I’ve been a fan longer than you. And I can see the quality in Prescott. People forget we had 15 different starting quarterbacks after Troy Aikman. I think Prescott better than Danny white. And could be better when it’s all said and done then Tony Romo. The story is not written yet. It’s all about coaching putting a scheme in place that fits this young man. People don’t realize that is what’s truly important

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do you want to talk about Prescott’s leader ship. Head over heels in the end zone in the Atlanta game two seasons ago. That’s when he showed he can take over this team. When he lost his starting center wide receiver Tight end,running back. Wow go Prescott go cowboys

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I’m 40 and I think Dak is an above average player. If I were GM, I’d probably use the tag on him for a couple years and move on. He just doesn’t impress me enough to make him a franchise player.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I seriously can't take you serious if you say that leadership is Dak's greatest strength.
Someone’s truly not paying attention. If you don’t believe the kid is a winner a leader.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m 40 and I think Dak is an above average player. If I were GM, I’d probably use the tag on him for a couple years and move on. He just doesn’t impress me enough to make him a franchise player.
Outside of Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, Brees and Mahomes, who does impress you that much?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I am the only one!!!! wow and your are not, since you clearly trying to lay all the blame on Dak and only Dak and nobody but Dak.

and you said Dak quit on this team, without any evidence to show he had, just because it fits your agenda and narrative to lay blame on him all because? because you don't like his contract ask....now, all of a sudden you hate him, you blame him, he sucks, he is the worst, he is back up material, he has been carried....and if he would have asked for $25M or $28, you , yes you would be here, claiming, he is such a great player, we got a bargain, his leadership, his comeback, now that we got rid of the bad coaches, he will flourish, etc....

and you seem to have a hard time separating the craappy coaching from players and impact on the players ability to win games....

and the one obvious in your face things that you totally missed (missing the forest because of all the trees), its been the coaching that has held this team back for years, before Dak and with Dak...the point that was obvious to most was this same coaching cost games, with different but talented casts. on multiple occasions....

and show me how Dak quit on this team...you are now just making shiet up to win an argument...

Dak never quit on this team.....and players never quit....they got frustrated with coaching....that's different than quitting and if you don't know the difference between the two, perhaps a 10th grade re-education would be helpful
First; calm down. You're going to blow a gasket.

Second, and most important so pay attention this time, I never said Dak quit. Quote me where I said or even implied that Dak quit.

I said the team quit. That has been the narrative here for the last five months.

The point that keeps going over your head in your zeal to blame everything but Dak is that Dak was the "leader" of a team that quit.

That doesn't mean Dak himself quit. It does most certainly call into question his leadership. Strong leaders don't have their teams quit on them. Especially in a contract season when success equals greater reward. Having your team quit on the season with plenty of hope still alive is the result of weak leadership plain and simple.

Is fascinating that I have blamed everyone including coaching and you only blame coaching yet you say I'm only blaming Dak and only Dak. There's a word for that but it's three whole syllables so you probably wouldn't understand it.

I hope I was able to simplify that enough for you to understand but I'm not holding my breath.

Only in this bizarro world does giving up on a season not reflect back on leadership.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It's obvious that your just a sheep following that media narritive.
Yeah, I'd rather use his scouting reports, his college education, and the comments from his teammates and coaches rather than the opinions of internet trolls who hate him. But you follow the narrative you create in your head. They say ignorance is bliss so you should at least have a good time.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Outside of Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, Brees and Mahomes, who does impress you that much?
I don’t think Mahomes is the leader that Prescott is. I see Mahomes more than once throw one of his receivers under the bus. He’s suck during the playoffs. I don’t think he’s the quarterback everybody wants him don’t think he is either. So you’re right I don’t know who this guy thinks is better. Somebody who’s not available or even out there

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Take Prescott for a season he was brilliant. Yes everything was in place. Take the second season when everything was in turmoil. Prescott all he can do is dink and dunk. Then we changed our system opened it up . And he proved he could throw it down field just as well. But the system failed us not Prescott. I can’t wait to see him play under this new head coach. In fact the entire team I can’t wait. I think it’s going to be like his first season all over again. Get ready to eat your words

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So, was just watching First Take. Interesting stat that I didn't realize, last year. Dak at QB didn't lead one game winning drive last year. That can't be right yeah?
We took the ball went ahead. And then it was up to the defense to have the final stop. And most of the times they didn’t do it. When we had the ball last in his career we’ve done very well I believe

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm 53- almost 54 years old. I have been a fan of the Cowboys since the early 70's- when I was old enough to know about them.
I've seen the likes of Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Namath, Pat Haden, Danny White, Joe Montana, Brian Sipe, Dan Pastorini, Craig Morton, John Elway, Joe Theismann, Billy Kilmer, Ron Jaworski, Doug Williams, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, and others like Brett Favre on their best and worst days.
It's not that Dak can't learn. He's a great athlete.
But I don't see in him the instincts of any of the quarterbacks I just mentioned in regards to leadership skills and making a team better.
I'm just curious if it's the older generation that sees what I see?
One thing Dak does better is that he doesn't throw many interceptions, but I am not sure if that comes from the fact that he strictly follows the route tree or is just more aware.
But he doesn't seem to have "it" when it comes to leadership.
But is it the older guys who see what I see?
Just curious.
I'm 52 and don't see what you see at all.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was fine during that Philly game too. If he was so bad, that he couldn't throw the ball... then maybe he should have said so. Rush would not have been any worse, and may have been a better choice, if he was in such bad shape.

I dunno... saw Romo win a game with a broken rib, and punctured lung... just sayin lol.
And I saw Prescott go head over heels in a game against Atlanta we had no help.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think Mahomes is the leader that Prescott is. I see Mahomes more than once throw one of his receivers under the bus. He’s suck during the playoffs. I don’t think he’s the quarterback everybody wants him don’t think he is either. So you’re right I don’t know who this guy thinks is better. Somebody who’s not available or even out there
I'm a Dak fan but even I wouldn't go that far. Mahomes has a 107 passer rating in the postseason with 13 TDs to 2 INTs, so I don't have any idea what you're talking about there. Yeah, the SB wasn't his best game but consider the defense he was facing.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm a Dak fan but even I wouldn't go that far. Mahomes has a 107 passer rating in the postseason with 13 TDs to 2 INTs, so I don't have any idea what you're talking about there. Yeah, the SB wasn't his best game but consider the defense he was facing.
Mahomes was horrible in last year’s playoffs. And that’s an absolute fact. And more than once I seen him throw his receivers under the bus. Never seen Prescott do that

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Come on he was horrible during the entire playoffs last season. Hail Mary’s. Throwing behind the receivers. Aiming the football. Terry Bradshaw was right. He was a blessed quarterback. I think he’s just another Aaron Rodgers media lover boy. His story hasn’t been written yet either. Only time is going to tell about either quarterback. One has a system one has Jason Garrett. His touchdowns came off great receiving skills. Hail Mary’s

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry my cowboy brother but I have no respect for the young man. San Fran keeps running they win that Super Bowl. As much as I want to Kansas City to win good because I don’t want San Francisco to get another ring. Mahomes would’ve gone down as a total choke. Three Hail Marys bailed him out.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mahomes was horrible in last year’s playoffs. And that’s an absolute fact. And more than once I seen him throw his receivers under the bus. Never seen Prescott do that
Come on he was horrible during the entire playoffs last season. Hail Mary’s. Throwing behind the receivers. Aiming the football. Terry Bradshaw was right. He was a blessed quarterback. I think he’s just another Aaron Rodgers media lover boy. His story hasn’t been written yet either. Only time is going to tell about either quarterback. One has a system one has Jason Garrett. His touchdowns came off great receiving skills. Hail Mary’s
Sorry my cowboy brother but I have no respect for the young man. San Fran keeps running they win that Super Bowl. As much as I want to Kansas City to win good because I don’t want San Francisco to get another ring. Mahomes would’ve gone down as a total choke. Three Hail Marys bailed him out.
Did you really just write three separate responses to my post? Sorry, but you're wrong. Don't know what else to tell you.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
First; calm down. You're going to blow a gasket.

Second, and most important so pay attention this time, I never said Dak quit. Quote me where I said or even implied that Dak quit.

I said the team quit. That has been the narrative here for the last five months.

The point that keeps going over your head in your zeal to blame everything but Dak is that Dak was the "leader" of a team that quit.

That doesn't mean Dak himself quit. It does most certainly call into question his leadership. Strong leaders don't have their teams quit on them. Especially in a contract season when success equals greater reward. Having your team quit on the season with plenty of hope still alive is the result of weak leadership plain and simple.

Is fascinating that I have blamed everyone including coaching and you only blame coaching yet you say I'm only blaming Dak and only Dak. There's a word for that but it's three whole syllables so you probably wouldn't understand it.

I hope I was able to simplify that enough for you to understand but I'm not holding my breath.

Only in this bizarro world does giving up on a season not reflect back on leadership.
listen up, and step a little closer to your speaker so you can hear better...the point I made is that Dak didn't quit...as the leader of the team, he didn't quit...that's your narrative. some players on the team quit. not entire 53....that's exaggeration from extreme fanatics similar to yourself.

if anything Dak kept the team fighting......the problem is you now are climbing up another angle....first he wasn't good, but that's been proven wrong, now his leadership is in question from a thread started by a very well known troll. now you are blaming him for quitting....

I blame coaching for most of what happened to this team. I blame coaching, bad calls for direct cause to several losses last year....

hopefully you sat close enough and I typed it really slow so you could read it slow, so you hopefully get it

what's with all the pent up anger and hatred? perhaps being locked down is causing you to go dilusional