I was one of those who wanted Urban Meyer as the HC after JG was let go

Hadenough

Reaction score
That may sound so cliché-ish, especially now with the 3-8 record.

But Urban wasn't just the latest "hot commodity" college football head coach. Wherever he's been, his teams have been (1) fundamentally sound in all 3 phases -- offense, defense, and yes, special teams. (2) His defenses in particular have been stout.

The dude not only knows how to coach; he knows how to coach today's game.

Now we're going to be heading into another off-season when, again, I'm going to be saying the same thing. I highly doubt he would run a true RPO 100% in the NFL, but I can tell you this: his defensive staff, and his coaching staff in general for that matter, would be better than we've got out there right now.
I don't understand why Rivera wasn't a consideration. Oh wait, it's all about Dak!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
That may sound so cliché-ish, especially now with the 3-8 record.

But Urban wasn't just the latest "hot commodity" college football head coach. Wherever he's been, his teams have been (1) fundamentally sound in all 3 phases -- offense, defense, and yes, special teams. (2) His defenses in particular have been stout.

The dude not only knows how to coach; he knows how to coach today's game.

Now we're going to be heading into another off-season when, again, I'm going to be saying the same thing. I highly doubt he would run a true RPO 100% in the NFL, but I can tell you this: his defensive staff, and his coaching staff in general for that matter, would be better than we've got out there right now.

I completely agree. Meyer is exactly the type of coach this soft, losing organization needs. I also don’t buy that he would not be able to be a success in the NFL. Meyer is one of the 3 best college coaches of the last 50 years. He wins everywhere.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
McCarthy is a dud....he doesn’t appear to be an inspiring leader nor a quality game manager. Jerry can give him another season but similar results next season must result in his termination.

Urban runs circles around MM in intelligence and results.

Thomas82

Reaction score
He told Dan Patrick that the Cowboys would be the one job where you would have to listen to....I wanted him in the worst way!!!
I would have been happy with him or Lincoln Riley.