I was re-watching the 2012 season vs Commanders finale and man

DuceizBak

Reaction score
I know this is hindsight, but I didn't know about football back then as I do now...
Commanders called one of the dumbest strategies in the NFL on defense and it worked like a charm, all out blitz with Cornerbacks 10 yards off the ball and nobody thought to audible to a quick screen, quick slant.
I love Romo to death but how was he ever fooled by such obvious blitzes?
On his third interception it's a 1st and 10, so even if they rally to the ball it would still have been a 5 yard gain at the minimum. I don't know if that was on Rom or coaching. And looking back, our defense with the lack of talent it had, keeping the game within 3 despite three interception was a miracle.

Zman5

Reaction score
I know this is hindsight, but I didn't know about football back then as I do now...
Commanders called one of the dumbest strategies in the NFL on defense and it worked like a charm, all out blitz with Cornerbacks 10 yards off the ball and nobody thought to audible to a quick screen, quick slant.
I love Romo to death but how was he ever fooled by such obvious blitzes?
On his third interception it's a 1st and 10, so even if they rally to the ball it would still have been a 5 yard gain at the minimum. I don't know if that was on Rom or coaching. And looking back, our defense with the lack of talent it had, keeping the game within 3 despite three interception was a miracle.

Jim Haslett used to own JG. Romo usually got beat up by his blitzing defense.
Same with Jim Johnson and the Eagles.