I Will Be Pulling For The Giants, GB And N.O.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Not to worry. I went and lit a candle so it's all set .Unprecedented,The gints don't win another game this season and all the band wagon jumpers for them all fall off and break their Ne, no ,:rolleyes:legs.

Their schedule is brutal.:)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I do think that winning the division is a tough row to hoe. But I suspect that is still their goal and I expect them to play that way.

I see no harm is prognosticating and looking ahead. I suspect most of us do that.

I see the Giants and Eagles game as a can't lose game for me. One will lose and that's a good thing. I'd prefer the Giants to lose. I think we can catch them. I still see us as a potentially dominant team and I'd prefer to win the division. I've seen Cowboys teams win out before. This team is capable of that.

No matter who wishes for what will actually change a thing so feel free to wish what you like. I'd prefer the Giants to slide back and I think they will. Whether it's enough for us to catch them is not good odds though. I still would bet the Giants win this game as I think they're better. I wouldn't bet big on it though. Too risky.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I still think some of the teams will fall off and when all is said and done we won't even have to worry about other teams winning or losing. All we need to do is win.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2406834 said:
Sorry, you don't play for second place. I want the Giants to lose so they can slowly slide down to earth and have the division even up some. We still have a matchup with both theams and can still hand them both emotionslly-defeating losses that may cause them to slide further after that. That's the "playing football" mentality that I favor over the "executing assignmrnts" or "playing the percentages" mentality.

DaBoys4Life;2407596 said:
I still think some of the teams will fall off and when all is said and done we won't even have to worry about other teams winning or losing. All we need to do is win.

Then we agree.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Hostile;2406599 said:
Now that's a good post.

It is a good assessment and post but also a painful indicator of how we already have lost tangible control of our destiny.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2406834 said:
Sorry, you don't play for second place. I want the Giants to lose so they can slowly slide down to earth and have the division even up some. We still have a matchup with both theams and can still hand them both emotionslly-defeating losses that may cause them to slide further after that. That's the "playing football" mentality that I favor over the "executing assignmrnts" or "playing the percentages" mentality.

ding, ding, ding! anything can happen! I don't want to concede the giants anything.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
First off, it is incredibly sad that we are now watching for other teams to lose simply because we have not taken care of our own business.

Pick6TerenceNewman;2406598 said:
Another game that I will have interest in will be GreenBay/Vikes. Even though they are tied in their division at 4-4 I rather see GB win because the Cowboys have the tie-breaker because of our eariler win against them. IMO, I think we match-up a little bit better against GB than the Vikes. Depends on how things work out I rather have GB come to Dallas than Dallas have to go to Minnisota if they end up with a better record than us at the end of the season. The Cowboys history in Minnisota is not very good.

I see your point with Green Bay and the tiebreaker, but I have no doubt we "could" beat Minnesota easily no matter where we play and I would much rather to not worry about Green Bay again. I say "could" because as psychotic and dysfunctional as this team is right now, nothing is certain.

The other game that I will have strong interest in will be New Orleans and Atlanta. The Saints are 4-4 and need a win or they will be pretty much done. As for Atlanta, they been playing good football all year. Atlanta is at 5-3 thus far.

I would like to see New Orleans beat Atlanta. This would knock Atlanta to 5-4 with Dallas. New Orleans would move to 5-4 as well.

I would rather face Atlanta any day of the week than New Orleans, who has an offense that could tear our underachieving defense to shreds. That is not a knock on Atlanta, however. They are doing very well and Smith has them all playing hard. I just see New Orleans as more capable of beating us.

Alexander

Reaction score
BLEU3ASY;2407941 said:
ding, ding, ding! anything can happen! I don't want to concede the giants anything.

You are living in a fantasy world. Last week assured us we have no chance of winning the division. We have two losses in the division already and would have to pretty much win out and hope the Giants lose four more games, including dropping 2/3 games to the Eagles and Commanders down the stretch. That is highly unlikely.

Reaction score
Alexander;2407955 said:
First off, it is incredibly sad that we are now watching for other teams to lose simply because we have not taken care of our own business.

I see your point with Green Bay and the tiebreaker, but I have no doubt we "could" beat Minnesota easily no matter where we play and I would much rather to not worry about Green Bay again. I say "could" because as psychotic and dysfunctional as this team is right now, nothing is certain.

I would rather face Atlanta any day of the week than New Orleans, who has an offense that could tear our underachieving defense to shreds. That is not a knock on Atlanta, however. They are doing very well and Smith has them all playing hard. I just see New Orleans as more capable of beating us.

I think we can beat both GB and Minnisota. I just know right now we have GB's number.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Good stuff but I gotta root for Atlanta because I believe Atlanta is ultimately a long term pretender and will fall off eventually.

Alexander

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2407969 said:
I think we can beat both GB and Minnisota. I just know right now we have GB's number.

We thought we had New York's number last year and look what happened the next time we played them. Gus Frerotte and Minnesota are a favorable matchup if we can control Peterson.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It probably won't happen, but I want the Eagles to start losing. We play at Philly our last game of the year, and that game will probably be very meaningful for us. I'd rather the Iggs be completely out of the running for anything at that point and their players and fans a little less fired up than usual. They'll still hate us and want to knock us off, of course, but I'd still rather they had nothing meaningful to play for. So I guess I hope the Giants win.

But the real good news is that one of those *******s is gonna lose.

silver

Reaction score
I'm with the guys that don't want to concede anything. Here's hoping the Giants finish 8-8. Screw them!

Reaction score
Alexander;2408019 said:
We thought we had New York's number last year and look what happened the next time we played them. Gus Frerotte and Minnesota are a favorable matchup if we can control Peterson.

I hear ya! Peterson worries me especially how the run D has been playing.